Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

hi all, snow gettin slower and slower here now nonono.gifis this the end or is there more to come from sw

as i see its stil snowin fairly steady in bristol.

well....it nearly stopped about 20 mins ago. there was a gap in the dark clouds and the sun was even peeking through but all of a sudden its clouded over and its snowing more now but still lightly! tbh with ya i dont really know whats happening but looking at the rain today radar there is still a little bit of heavy stuff s/w of us so im dont think it is going to totally stop yet unknw.gif

Posted

Something weird is happening here - it's now 1.9c and the snow is turning to sleet... I think I must be within a thin bit of cloud as it's really brightening up too.

Well that's leicestershire for ya!! I always said that god frowns upon that smelly county! :good::shok:

Here in snowey Warwickshire it's still peeing it down with the most exquisite dandruff! Head and shoulders? I didn't know you had dandruff?? I don't (it's snow you turnip!)

Posted

Nor do you have a stadium for the World Cup laugh.gif

True which must make the FA's choice of Nottingham even more annoying for you laugh.gif

Anyway back to the weather, still light snow falling here but not settling. Need something heavier

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well that's leicestershire for ya!! I always said that god frowns upon that smelly county! :D :lol:

Here in snowey Warwickshire it's still peeing it down with the most exquisite dandruff! Head and shoulders? I didn't know you had dandruff?? I don't (it's snow you turnip!)

Don't make me step over the border! :p

Edited by Nabraxas

Posted

2-4 Inches in the outskirts of Leicester , but head towards the City Centre on the Jam cams and it looks as if the thaw is continuing . Strange.

Posted

Went out for my walk - what a lot of snow!! More than last weeks effort. It's fantastic!

This is wet frontal Snow , It's what I like to call Snow man building Snow , as it holds the Snow together much better . :lol: We may have to be quick though as this time I do not think we will retain the Snow cover as long as last time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is wet frontal Snow , It's what I like to call Snow man building Snow , as it holds the Snow together much better . :lol: We may have to be quick though as this time I do not think we will retain the Snow cover as long as last time.

My snow seems quite dry. The wind keeps blowing it off the roof in a form of powder, and it is drifting very easily.

Posted

Don't make me step over the border! :p

Funny to think that Watling street has been a border line ebtween us for over 1000 years now, first with Danelaw and Mercia now with warks and leics.

You can try and cross into Mercia if you like but we'll just own your danish behinds like we always did :lol:

So stay your own side of the watling street HEATHEN! :D

Posted

Apparently its 9 degrees by some beach near Devon right now according to the man on the radio whos driven down there from Brum today.. Blue skies, 9 degrees, people walking across the sea front.

Posted

Apparently had another 2 1/2 inches of snow overnight, although not measured it myself yet.

Currently snowing lightly. :lol:

Posted

Funny to think that Watling street has been a border line ebtween us for over 1000 years now, first with Danelaw and Mercia now with warks and leics.

You can try and cross into Mercia if you like but we'll just own your danish behinds like we always did :lol:

So stay your own side of the watling street HEATHEN! :p

Here's the new regions for the "regional" threads.

oldengland.jpg

Burn danish slobs!!!! :)

Oooh, Viking banter, my favourite. Given that the 2 housemates I live with both come from towns with "thorpe" in the name (Thorpe St. Andrew, Norfolk; Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire), I'm happy not to be a Viking, and that King Alfred the Great of Wessex told them where to go after they attacked Wareham and Swanage!

Still, I wouldn't want to share a thread with those from Canterbury if I was back home. :)

Still snowing in Nottingham, for the record!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Still snowing lightly near Stafford, no further accumulations though (around 4cm) as a slight thaw is starting to set in....surface temp of 0.8C, dew point of 0C..The snow is very fine, grainy in appearance, in fact, the perfect definition of snizzle! :lol:

Posted

No sign of a thaw here. Temperature still below freezing and the snow is still falling! Lovely :lol:

And besides, a thaw is a very bad thing for the roads. As the water will run off onto the ungritted roads and just freeze overnight, causing bedlam in the morning.

Posted

im still trying to find a post where i warned of this snow abt week and a half ago..but still snwoing here in coventry 12cm lying and by the looks of things more cold weather next week this will be a winter to remember mark my wordssdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Burn danish slobs!!!! :lol:

We need to mobilise and build a wall or dyke or something to keep them out of English Mercia! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

No sign of a thaw here. Temperature still below freezing and the snow is still falling! Lovely :wallbash:

And besides, a thaw is a very bad thing for the roads. As the water will run off onto the ungritted roads and just freeze overnight, causing bedlam in the morning.

How much snow have you got? We have got about 4/5cm.

Posted

Well, after a morning of light to moderate snow flake falls, it is now very light small flakes.

We may, on one or two surfaces, hit 7-8mm of snow, but with the current falls, the snow is turning to slush, and the slush is just melting.

Not really a let down, as it was meant to disappear before it hit here, but looking like those within about a 30 mile radius have done well again.

Nice to see my brother, down near bath, had a further 20cm overnight.

Posted

How much snow have you got? We have got about 4/5cm.

In total at least 4 inches, probably pushing for 5. Got at least 1.5" last night. Still falling nicely as well.

It is the deepest it has been all cold spell anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

In total at least 4 inches, probably pushing for 5. Got at least 1.5" last night. Still falling nicely as well.

It is the deepest it has been all cold spell anyway.

Fantastic stuff. Amazing how much it differs from one location to the next. I am only a half an hour drive down the A5 from you.

Posted

Alot of schools closing early today, if they arent already closed alot are letting you pick your children up early in Birmingham area today as the snows expected to get heavier says one school.. :wallbash: Think its just to make it easier on the journey home during rush hour to be honest.

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted

Fantastic stuff. Amazing how much it differs from one location to the next. I am only a half an hour drive down the A5 from you.

I know, it really is incredible! My neighbour spent half an hour gritting and clearing my road...yet still couldn't get up the hill!