Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Chat And Moods

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Too many variables in play to write-off next week, a nudge here, a push there and the situation could twist around to our favour. I think Damian is spot on with his analysis, expect suprises.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well im backing ROBERT, With out a doubt watch the upgrades come in tomorrow and sunday. It was stated many times that this cold spell was due to kick in around the 14th it has been slow to start and it WILL be SLOW to end.

There you go Robert, another customer for you. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

no not with the snow next week, there will be no low level snow here at 103m asl (infact dreading the rain), high levels yes record snowfall maybe, keviwal if you are around u in for a dumping, and so are all high levels/hills 250m+

the ecm deep FI is good but how many times does that happen, my snow is always in FI

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

The models are chopping and changing due to the positioning of the LP, FI is probably T+96 at the moment. To write next week and beyond off is not the right thing to do, as the models are having a difficult time. The further south the LP the better, if we can get rid of it sooner we have a very good chance for more snow etc. A long way off but I really dont want to hear "this winter is going to end wet" or "there is no chance for another cold spell" because of the models changing about at the moment

Posted

I have been using a variety of methods to perfect my model forecasting including a prototype weather box. I use traditional model interpretation methods and very untraditional spiritual/radiowaves and think I have perfected the way I do my forecasting to nearly 100% with my prototype.

Thanks for your support! :whistling:

Just remember to wrap up warm next week in preparation for Snowmageddon UK style :yahoo:

Posted

I have been using a variety of methods to perfect my model forecasting including a prototype weather box. I use traditional model interpretation methods and very untraditional spiritual/radiowaves and think I have perfected the way I do my forecasting to nearly 100% with my prototype.

Thanks for your support! :whistling:

Just remember to wrap up warm next week in preparation for Snowmageddon UK style :yahoo:

I hope your right matey.wacko.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I hope your right matey.wacko.gif

Well I hope your right too Robert.

Last chance though........... :whistling:

Posted

Thanks for your support! biggrin.gif

Just remember to wrap up warm next week in preparation for Snowmageddon UK style biggrin.gif

not me pmsl, im only 103m asl! going to be a sad repeat of 20-21st July 2007, but temps around 7° lower

obviously different synoptics but same weather bbc weather

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

I don`t think it`s going to be the biggest flood in living memory rofl.gif July 2007.

Suppose I was basing it purely on my area, which wasnt flooded just 2 days of non stop heavy rain at 13°C, I know bbc charts are useless but no snow anywhere even Scotland on them mon-wed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Thanks for your support! :D

Just remember to wrap up warm next week in preparation for Snowmageddon UK style :D

May the force be with you. 100% eh - that's unlikely. if you are nearly 100% please give us a bit more detail - where, when, how much, temperature wind direction - comments like this need to be backed up with facts.

Posted

May the force be with you. 100% eh - that's unlikely. if you are nearly 100% please give us a bit more detail - where, when, how much, temperature wind direction - comments like this need to be backed up with facts.

Here is a prototype of the weather box post-1828-12660099294817_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

I see you are into Lazlo and the metaverse - how do you equate quantum theory with weather forecasting?

Posted

I think all that view the model thread are abundantly aware that winter runs from 1st December to 28th Feb, I keep hearing we are running out of time, well yes, winter ends in two weeks - nothing new there. I think we could see some fun and games yet, but yes, the sun is getting higher in the sky and stronger, it's the inevitable changing of the seasons, another year older etc etc. :D

This is a melancholy post but, as Keats knew, melancholy can be a fine feeling. Got me thinking though, if our lives were predicted by the models what would they say and how would people read them and would they bear any resemblance to the reality? If you lived a life of regular thoughts and habits with nothing too controversial would the models show your life as one of gentle sw zonality with nothing too windy or extreme? If you were esentially a quiet individual would your output be calm southerlies? If you were prone to phases of wild outrageousness followed by periods of introspection would your output be fierce nor'easterlies followed by flat calm from a Bartlett? If you are permanently wild then it's endless polar maritime north westerlies for you. If you are cold, steely and rare then your charts show easterlies; if you are also on occasions excitable then you get the odd channel low thrown in.

The problem with this analysis is that we all know for certain (probably for the only time) where the FI models will take us in the end......

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

This is a melancholy post but, as Keats knew, melancholy can be a fine feeling. Got me thinking though, if our lives were predicted by the models what would they say and how would people read them and would they bear any resemblance to the reality? If you lived a life of regular thoughts and habits with nothing too controversial would the models show your life as one of gentle sw zonality with nothing too windy or extreme? If you were esentially a quiet individual would your output be calm southerlies? If you were prone to phases of wild outrageousness followed by periods of introspection would your output be fierce nor'easterlies followed by flat calm from a Bartlett? If you are permanently wild then it's endless polar maritime north westerlies for you. If you are cold, steely and rare then your charts show easterlies; if you are also on occasions excitable then you get the odd channel low thrown in.

The problem with this analysis is that we all know for certain (probably for the only time) where the FI models will take us in the end......

AS

Nice one. You seem to be in a similar mood that I've been in of late. :D

Posted

Thanks for your support! :)

Just remember to wrap up warm next week in preparation for Snowmageddon UK style :)

As we know the risk of snow during Mon/Tues remains possible. However I would like to ask whether you think the risk of snow extends for all of next week?

P.S could you ask your spirit what the Lotto numbers will be on Saturday and send them via a PM to me.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97658

looks to me to be a realtime spirit detector it finds there emf. that enables you to comunicate with them see speaker mic etc.

found several other similar pics by googling so he must knowtease.gif

i am sorry to reply but I think Robert must be a windup merchant sure it isnt someone just having a bit of fun at the expence of this forum and hopfully they will disapear back into cosmos soon

Edited by gpspete

Posted

...hmmm the Akashic field theory that Ervin Laszlo lays claim to.. which of course lead to the discovery of the Universal Information Fields.

One must not ignore the work of Edgar Cayce who frequently accessed the Akashic Records of course... :)

Interesting.... very interesting

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester :)

Posted

...hmmm the Akashic field theory that Ervin Laszlo lays claim to.. which of course lead to the discovery of the Universal Information Fields.

One must not ignore the work of Edgar Cayce who frequently accessed the Akashic Records of course... :D

What a load of absolute bo####ks :) !

Mind you, Mystic Meg might have a better idea about next week than the models seem too !

Posted

One must not ignore the work of Edgar Cayce who frequently accessed the Akashic Records of course... :)

Ah yes Edgar Cayce. Well if Robert is onto something I will be the 1st to congratulate him, after all the Akashic records will have all of the relevent info.

But if he gets this wrong I will not be a happy bunny, us snow freaks have been very edgy of late, and to Top it off I only had 1 heavy snow shower out of the East kent blizzards this week producing 0.025cms of whiteness, and to think we are so close and yet still so far away from seeing winter go out with a bang.

Posted

i see Robert is getting a bit of stick. Unfairly i might say. after all this is a forum and we are, surely, allowed our own opinions without fear of ridicule. look at it the other way. there are quite possibly a good few people who would laugh their socks off if you told them that you check the output of a computer to tell you what the weather might be next week :whistling::)

Posted

i see Robert is getting a bit of stick. Unfairly i might say. after all this is a forum and we are, surely, allowed our own opinions without fear of ridicule.

Im always very welcoming in members using different methods. However I have to confess and say that using a spirit called Mathew to predict the weather is taking the P**s.

If I made contact with a spirit then I wouldn't be asking if it will snow, I would be asking what the Lotto numbers are. :whistling:

From a forecasting perspective it will be interesting to see what happens. The GFS is predicting rain with average temps next week whereas the Met O have released an advisory saying snow for my area on Tues/Wed.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted

Please explain something to me?if the LP continues tracking south ,why wont we suck in the colder air behind the secound front,which the air originates over the baltics?With the hp over greenland drifing southwards aswell.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Thanks for your support! :D

Just remember to wrap up warm next week in preparation for Snowmageddon UK style :D

There is no way we're going to have a 'snowmageddon' across the UK next week, maybe northern Scotland could have blizzards at times. Saying something like that just takes away all your credibility. Some areas will see snow at lower levels.

For better forecasting I suggest you READ the met-office forecasts for next week, as contrary to what many like to believe or speculate, they do actually know what they're talking about better than the vast majority of this forum.

That is why there is a snow watch out for next Tuesday.

Edited by Tommyd1258