Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Yes it may all change but we are looking at this 48 hours out not 348 hours. Compared to the pretty pants winter we have had so far with all the rain and dross I think we are all entitled to look at these charts and have a few dreams

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

I'm hoping that I can go after school tomorrow to get the supplies in!

i only need them for snowmans nose :)

... beer; high calorie, high fun, alternative to eating properly smile.png

they are for snowmans nose :(

Posted

Is it possible that the band of ppn from the west could stall when it hits the cold airmass and never actually get as far east as London?

but then again it could end up a lot further west and we get buried! who knows if its east/west we most def know this time tomorrow for sure,, even then i can bet we will be glued to the radar from friday morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

... beer; high calorie, high fun, alternative to eating properly smile.png

will it get the snowman p****d though?

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Met office update looks good :-) all for ice tho

Edited by Sara

Posted

Is it possible that the band of ppn from the west could stall when it hits the cold airmass and never actually get as far east as London?

That is a possible outcome that cannot be ruled out.

But going by current output, that would be an outside bet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Our snowman always has a bottle of becks for a nose, a balaclava, a tutu and a top hat.

Reassured to know it's being used for the nose and not for anywhere else! ohmy.png

laugh.png

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

just done a quick add up on the netweather forecast on local and i get 15.7mm over the period Friday 12p till saturday 1800 say no more guys. This will be a snow event end of

Posted

Yep very possible that the band never makes it to London...not the most likely solution but something that is more than possible.

NMM 12z run really weakens the front as it starts to arrive in our area, but its based off of the GFS run which also weakens the front at the same time, so who knows!

Light-moderate snow that lasts 12hrs is more than enough to cause some deep snow. I remember back in december 2010 having about 6-8hrs of moderate snowfall and ended up with the best part of 8 inches,

Posted

The ukmo looking better than the gfs tonight, with upper-6 and -8 and what looks like some good steady snow, for the fri sat period.Not sure this is correct but flicking from T60 T72 it pulls back on its self.Stalls?

Edited by snowblues

Posted

I used to live in Norway near to Oslo and every year in that area they get metres and metres of snowfall. Average winter day temperatures are -15 deg C. The coldest I experienced there was -25 deg C and that was daytime too!

I have experienced Norweigen snow too many times, keeping warm normally involves some sort of beverage in a shot glass LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just look at the charts? It's light/mod snow not disruptive!

Am I reading this wrong then?

No but over time it will acumilate. plus here in croydon you don't need lots of snow for distruption, The traffic comes from places further up in the downs when people get stuck on steep roads that get iced up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

No but over time it will acumilate. plus here in croydon you don't need lots of snow for distruption, The traffic comes from places further up in the downs when people get stuck on steep roads that get iced up.

your right there mate I work in central croydon

Trying to get home to addington is a knigtmare

Might leave earlier this time

Edited by snowbob

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Victor M are the driving winds still heading N, NE or have they joined the lower winds that are locally NW? seems all the blobs on the radar are missing us and hitting France.

The winds have slanted more to the north in the north sea which isn't very good at all, they are not that strong either :(

Highest risk of snow is the far east, Margate/Dover however we need to look towards Friday now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

hmmm did he get it all wrong then and thought "thats it, im loosing my touch.. bye!!"??

I'd guess he got trolled, seen what happens if your thinking is against what people want. Guess he thinks it's not worth the hasle.