Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 22nd January 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I think that fact that there were no postings between jp's and MKs this morning indicates how little weather happened in the region overnight, lol. Unless they took the site offline!lazy.gif

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I think that fact that there were no postings between jp's and MKs this morning indicates how little weather happened in the region overnight, lol. Unless they took the site offline!lazy.gif

CD

Perhaps everyone on this thread have just worn themselves out now...it has been a bit manic help.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Wow is it mad out on the south downs right now, and has been for hours now.

I drove to Ditchling Beacon tonight about 10pm, and it was full on side ways snow massive flakes.

drifting big time on the road along the top of the beacon, 2 farmers were there in jcbs digging it out already, but within just 30 minutes bits they had done were already drifting over again. it came up to my jeans belt when i got out!

I have some pictures, but will have to upload in morning as got work at 6am and can't find my lead for camera.

it was still snowing hard and drifting when i left at 12:30am, I couldnt pass falmer road to woodingdean as drifting has closed the road plus the police man said someone had died in a crash sad.png

where i live just few miles away is 1 mile from coast and no snow really, wet snow sleet mix, amazing the difference a bit more height is making tonight, and im guessing this is very localized tonight by looks of this thread.

'on

wow,must have a look later,on,if they have cleared the drifts!, here on the coast it was sleet.with the temp stuck around 0.7 c for hours and hours now,incredible really!,so that increased height made all the difference,that road climbs to over 700 ft so no thaw today!

Posted

Morning peeps!

What a mare getting home and it was a treacherous and tortuous route, but due to the snow reports etc in this thread I was able to pick a route home that avoided a lot of the accidents and tailbacks - thanks guys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Morning peeps!

What a mare getting home and it was a treacherous and tortuous route, but due to the snow reports etc in this thread I was able to pick a route home that avoided a lot of the accidents and tailbacks - thanks guys!

morning coast

Glad you got home ok mate

All eyes to Friday now then I suppose and one last snow day

Till the next round

Happy in a way has cost a fortune in gas this week lol

Posted

All eyes to Friday now then I suppose and one last snow day

Till the next round

Cheers Bob! Quite a few people who I know work in Eastbourne but live in Brighton ended up staying put as places like the A27/A23 at Hollingbury and Devils Dyke were impassable.

I'm actually not seeing Friday as a big event, but then yesterday afternoon caught an awful lot of people out including me!

prectypeuktopo.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

Morning all,

All a bit wet here... Still a covering of snow - current 1.1c and -0.7

Morning!

Nothing here, zilch but to be fair it was never meant to get into my neck of the woods anyway! Friday, do you think will bring snow to us here in the SE corner?

Posted

Same as any day / week here in Dartford nothing happened last night apart from 3 snow flakes, snows nearly all gone now. Off up to north of Birmingham today hopefully weather will be kind. Hope we all don't get told off again for mentioning the fabled words "Thames streamer" last night :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

How very dare you even mention the TS Word Mr Kerry!! There has only been 1 since the dawn of time anyway (2009!!!) blum.gif

Anyways since we have a bit of a lull on this boring cloudy dreary wednesday thought it might be a good idea to see what everyone rates this winter so far, obviously some in parts of Surrey and along the south coast will probably score it highly, but others not so high, I go on a decent winter by quite a few factors so will list them out and give it a score out of 10 for SE Essex, others may have different thresholds (Say people under 30 yrs old)

Anyway here goes and would be interested if any of you could copy the different factors and insert your score.

Synoptics = 9/10 Has been great seeing these 1980's style charts with undercuts

Snow = 4/10 It really has not got over the heavy snizzle stage and only sunday has delivered here in SE Essex

Frosts = 2/10 Absolutely appalling with I think 3 frosts since the start of December.

So there you have it for me 15/30 which equates to a

5 out of 10

Which I think is a very fare reaction for this part of the SE Corner.

Still a long way to go in winter 12/13 so hoping this score can be bumped up quite a bit!

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Quite a thaw overnight here, rather sad, but just had a heavy snow rain shower. It's 2c with a dew of 1.5c, so I'm surprised we got as much snow as we did

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Oh the irony, THE IRONY!! Sob.... I have less snow this morning than yesterday after continuous heavy snow. When is Netweather going to draft in counsellers to deal with snow addiction and lack of snow depression? I feel it's a growing problem.....

Posted

Rain coming in for the weekend?

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

When is Netweather going to draft in counsellers to deal with snow addiction and lack of snow depression? I feel it's a growing problem.....

Sit yourself down over here Nikki and take some of this medicine three times a day:

smirnoff-red-label-pure-vodka-70cl-37-5.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Rain coming in for the weekend?

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Sit yourself down over here Nikki and take some of this medicine three times a day:

smirnoff-red-label-pure-vodka-70cl-37-5.jpg

Thank you Coast, I've poured it liberally over my cornflakes.....

Guest bjaykent

Starting to look like the game is up for a while, although still some are hoping for back tracks which I can appreciate as after all it always takes time for a cold block to establish and equally it takes time, often more than modeled to break it down, and although models shows small adjustments day on day this week all models now want to bring Atlantic and south-westerlies through from the weekend.

On the model thread some still have an interest in undercutting lows next week as we have seen of late, but it think the spirit of cold long winters past will recede as the Azores high looks to come into play deflecting any lows on a more northerly track.

On a positive note, a change of pattern will allow the PV lobes to burn themselves out and hopefully fairly quickly allow heights to build again ready the next cold attack in February when the PV traditionally becomes weaker anyway.

So some patience needed by the look of things but still a little interest in a snowy breakdown this weekend and maybe the odd snow shower and some very cold nights before then but nothing compared to what we have already seen. I think I would prefer it to clear away now and have perhaps an even better go in February from the east or north-east, I wouldn't mind another February 1991!

Here's hoping.

p.s must spend some more time working for a living and less time on Netweather for the next few days.

Ian (bjaykent).

Posted

Thank you Coast, I've poured it liberally over my cornflakes.....

What a great way to start the day! biggrin.png

Things getting less cold from this weekend according to GFS free-atmosphere for London, with a strange blip of relative warmth next Tuesday:

MU_London_avn.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

snizzle here, heavy though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Woke up to rain in croydon. cray.gif

Guess the snowy period had to end sometime, and it was nice to have a snow on snow event .