Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - 1st June 2015 12z--------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There will always be variation in terms of how the sharpening trough to our west interacts with the ridge, on one hand the 12z pushes the first pulse of heat away quite quickly, yet just a day later the 20C isotherm is invading the south of England again as an area of heights builds straight out of the continent.

The UKMO on the other hand seems to land the most progressive solution on every model suite which again suggests something brief and pretty ordinary (30C with a thundery breakdown, that said that isn't terrible).

Now this is a chart

gfs-0-198.png?12

gfs-1-198.png?12

The cape charts are off the scale with 850s of +22C under a shortwave trough moving northwards out of France.

Not that it will verify of course.

The GEM is back on the heatwave wagon on the 12z

gem-0-150.png?12

gem-1-150.png?12

After its somewhat bizarre solution this morning where apparently the Euro high was sold to Greenland at the expense of our heat. 

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Parts of highland Scotland have gone from mid teen overnight lows to a risk of frost in the space of 6 hours

180-778UK.GIF?25-12186-778UK.GIF?25-6

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Posted

GFS 12Z - the initial plume pushes through quicker but, because of the position of the main trough in the Atlantic, it merely leads to another push of heat from the south by Friday. A truly bizarre situation.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

And Friday at 3pm next week.

Can't believe people panic, or set things in stone so far out...

post-11059-0-31429400-1435250029_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 3

Posted

Hang on we have another go!!

gfs-0-192.png?12gfs-1-192.png?12

35c the max on show next Friday

ukmaxtemp.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Yes the GFS 12Z has punted everything several hundred east in this run ending the 'heatwave' after one day following the failure pressure rises to the north east of us.

Ended high pressure fights back with a secondary surge of heat from the south east late into the week bring mid 30's back by Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

And Friday at 3pm next week.

Can't believe people panic, or set things in stone so far out...

But look at how restrictive it is now compared to before - that shows a high of 24C here. That's probably one of the worst charts I have ever seen - a north-south split amplified by a million.

Hopefully gone by the 18z.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The heat does get in briefly on the 12z for Tues/Weds but it is brief and quickly washed away to the east by thunderstorms. However, I think peoples upset may be premature as it is a brief retreat before the heat builds back for the weekend. Remember though, this is one run of one model for something 5 days away - there will be changes.

As I thought, Friday looks baking hot across most of the UK :)

Yes, I as you say many more variations of the set-up to come over the coming days, Which will firm up local detail.

Posted

I was premature in my judgement it appears: London, Southeast especially including East Anglia are piping hot come Friday.

post-19153-0-75947300-1435250409_thumb.jpost-19153-0-53130500-1435250391_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

But look at how restrictive it is now compared to before - that shows a high of 24C here. That's probably one of the worst charts I have ever seen - a north-south split amplified by a million.

Hopefully gone by the 18z.

My point is that models are bound to wax and wane. I'd be a bit annoyed if things changed drastically 24 hours out, but it's pure fun / speculation to me at this point. Some sort of hot spell does look very likely (32C being indicated for Wednesday on this run too) but whatever will be, will be. I think watching without fretting is the best thing to do now (as ever this far out tbh) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This ain't no downgrade! If anything its an upgrade! Just when people were writing the run off, we see a potential all nighter of thunder drift up from Benelux and France, followed by 35c the following day! 

Of course things will chop and change throughout the lead up to it, but confidence is slowly but surely growing that we shall see some very warm if not hot weather into next week.

• Like 2

Posted

Here's a closer look at the maxes on show for next week

Monday we see the start of the heat with 25c on show but possibly 27c somewhere in the SE

ukmaxtemp.png

Tuesday widely in the high 20's I wouldn't rule out a 30c somewhere

ukmaxtemp.png

Wednesday is a hot one with high 20's and low 30's widely maybe a 33c somewhere

ukmaxtemp.png

Thursday is fresher in the north but remaining hot in the south again 30c is possible

ukmaxtemp.png

Friday then sees a re-load of the heat hitting 35c in the south but maybe even 36c 96.8F or 37c 98.6F somewhere the July record is 36.5c

ukmaxtemp.png

Saturday sees fresher air in the west again but large parts of England hold on to the heat

ukmaxtemp.png

Another hot one for many areas though fresher at times in the north and west

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Posted

Another GEM from Gem

gem-1-144.png?12gem-0-144.png?12

The heat is never a million miles away through out the run either

gem-1-168.png?12gem-1-192.png?12gem-1-216.png?12gem-1-240.png?12

After a prolonged period of chilly north westerlies the tide maybe about to turn

• Like 3

Posted

Why oh why oh why don't people just sit and wait for the entire run to come out before making daft, throwaway comments? Another seriously hot run for many.

Basically because the very sniff of very hot weather brings a temporary interruption of hibernation patterns.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 4

Posted

12Z GEM has T850 temperatures reaching as high as 24 degrees over the southeast on Wednesday.....

It does indeed it would be historic if it were to occur as it has never happened before.

In fact I do not think we've ever had surplus of 20C 850Hpa over British Isles let alone 21/22/23.

post-19153-0-35324400-1435251190_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It does indeed it would be historic if it were to occur as it has never happened before.

In fact I do not think we've ever had surplus of 20C 850Hpa over British Isles let alone 21/22/23.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83255-model-output-discussion-1st-june-2015-12z/?p=3218964

• Like 3

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

NCEP reanalyses charts show 22 perhaps 23 just reaching the south coast in August 2003.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

So then, it's over to our Net Weather Special Guest GFS12z summarizer for his thoughts

post-4149-0-64987600-1435253161_thumb.jp

sounds good enough to me!  :D

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Well tbh, the 12z gfs is bang on for what the anomaly charts were predicting for next week. The noaa never supported the amplified high sitting over us or just to our east, but did suggest a weaker ridge.

We will still get heat and humidity, but i dont think there will be sunny blue skies, but milky bright/rather overcast. Abit like aug 03.

• Like 1