Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

When you skip forward on the V8 extra radar, how come it never shows any wind change? Does anyone know? You can move forward just under three hours ahead and it just moves in the same direction (even when wind changes are forecast) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, DerbyshireDales said:

Where are you? Some of the stories from the coast sound scary! 

Near the Headland at Hartlepool winds must be 80-90 in gusts never ever experienced anything like it this is as close to a Hurricane as you will get in this country.

There has been hail and lightning and power flashes and 1 of the phone cables have been ripped out.

Cant sleep as the wind is that bad it is shaking the windows and walls, It takes a lot to unnerve me but I am genuinely worried that the front of the house may go if it carries on like this with it directly facing the wind.

I have seen a tweet on twitter from a guy from Hartlepool who said in his 58 years he has never seen anything like it so that tells you that this is 1 hell of a exceptional Storm and the Red warning was more than justified.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

One of the disadvantages of moving from Stoke to Cheshire is bloody elevation. Rain here.

• Like 1

Posted

Not the most pleasant of snow events out there. The falling snow has turned wetter and the snow cover more slushy. Plus the strong winds are horrible. Hoping it turns more to proper snow as the colder air from the west digs in.

F7B74D62-D4B0-4641-B4CB-FF6E25289E4F.jpeg

AE0962E7-C183-4EDE-A484-C21C647099D5.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Near the Headland at Hartlepool winds must be 80-90 in gusts never ever experienced anything like it this is as close to a Hurricane as you will get in this country.

There has been hail and lightning and power flashes and 1 of the phone cables have been ripped out.

Cant sleep as the wind is that bad it is shaking the windows and walls, It takes a lot to unnerve me but I am genuinely worried that the front of the house may go if it carries on like this with it directly facing the wind.

I have seen a tweet on twitter from a guy from Hartlepool who said in his 58 years he has never seen anything like it so that tells you that this is 1 hell of a exceptional Storm and the Red warning was more than justified.

Oh god. That sounds scary as hell. Stay safe!! 

Posted

Typical. It turned more sleety and the snow cover started to melt as I went for my walk. Now I’m back indoors, it’s turned back to proper snow

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 27/11/2021 at 04:05, RobR said:

One of the disadvantages of moving from Stoke to Cheshire is bloody elevation. Rain here.

Yep gutting eh. It’s not even like we’re sea level yet still get lumbered with rain.

How these winds only got a yellow warning is beyond me too. Bet there’s some damage to be seen when the sun comes up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Gusts of up to 81 km/h over here. It really is wild out there.

Posted

Wow. Might be the heaviest falling snow I’ve seen here. Covering over the partially melted snow cover from earlier that was spoilt by that annoying brief bit of sleet. Several more hours to go looking at the radar. Probably the closest we can get to a proper blizzard in non mountainous areas of the U.K.

This car has just driven up outside my house. I’m going to use it as a guide to how much snow accumulates from now

09905CFD-32D8-4CDD-B531-25A363078702.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Morning guys. We are outside Alton in the Staffordshire Moorlands. Have to say whilst it is snowing heavy here the winds are causing some major issues in our village. 

Power has been off since 2am and out there is surely more worthy of an Amber weather warning! The wind is intense! 

Snow is drifting here. My sister in Meir Heath has had a lot of snow! More elevation there.

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, AltonMatthew said:

Morning guys. We are outside Alton in the Staffordshire Moorlands. Have to say whilst it is snowing heavy here the winds are causing some major issues in our village. 

Power has been off since 2am and out there is surely more worthy of an Amber weather warning! The wind is intense! 

Snow is drifting here. My sister in Meir Heath has had a lot of snow! More elevation there.

lived up there for over 20yrs as a kid meir heath is a different world in these type of marginal set ups. it's why I love my weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
On 26/11/2021 at 21:42, DerbyshireDales said:

My son is supposed to be playing a match there in the morning!

It wasn’t to bad when I left this morning at 4am for Brighton ! Heavy snow was falling but not much was settling ! Hope he has a good match ⚽

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy snow at my location, with around 10 cm.  Whiteout conditions..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted

Lighter snow now as the band of precipitation starts to edge away eastwards, but this does mean more undercut of cold air from the west so more parts of the region have a chance of snow in the next few hours.

A nicer walk this time as the sleety rubbish earlier turned back to proper snow.

F1F34CB7-2A1E-48D2-9261-E363E62C55C1.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some of those who live around Solihull will be in for a nice white surprise - first  snow (albeit wet and fairly sleety), falling of this Autumn/Winter here ❄️

Sounds like some of you lot, especially in Stoke, really hitting the jackpot at the moment!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, wolvesman said:

First snow of the year in Wolves - always a special moment.

1F9B05A6-B80D-4C29-9E96-058EC651205D.jpeg

More coming mate. Looking at the radar, it's still coming down heavy here.

Posted

Unbelievable. Leave Newcaatle Under Lyme 3.15am and it was starting to turn to sleet, go past Matts area 10mins down the road and it's white over. Get East Mids absolutely nothing. Coming back 5mins from Matts, nearly get stranded on the A50, now near Talke the opp side of Matts and its clear and raining. How the hell do you do it Matt. 

For  years Talke / Kidsgrove in Stoke always got it worse than Stoke / Longton. Now since Matt moved up here he gets it worse all the time lol

Edited by Andypvfc
  • Like 1

Posted
On 27/11/2021 at 06:04, Andypvfc said:

Unbelievable. Leave Newcaatle Under Lyme 3.15am and it was starting to turn to sleet, go past Matts are 10mins down the road and it's white over. Get East Mids absolutely nothing. Coming back 5mins from Matts, nearly get stranded on the A50, now near Talke the opp side of Matts and its clear and raining. How the hell do you do it Matt. 

For  years Talke / Kidsgrove in Stoke always got it worse than Stoke / Longton. Now since Matt moved up here he gets it worse all the time lol

East Midlands is probably still in the less cold air. Surprised by Talke, though. I thought they’d have more snow than here.