Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

My garden resembles Death Valley, but with cucumbers, tomatoes and 4 cats running around. Oh and a washing line, which is rare in the valley of death😄

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Didn’t drop below 25.2 here last night and under clear blue skies temperature rocketing to 37 here in Locksbottom.Today is the day the old record will be smashed by so many places!Odds on somewhere in England will be 40+ today.Had 2 litres of water already and a nice magnum ice cream.Sitting in the shade with a lovely breeze as far too hot in the sun!

• Like 1

Posted

It was so hot last night i had to take a hot water bottle to bed.   That doesnt happen often in the summer🔥🔥🔥

(had to leave the air con on all night, so was getting a bit chilly 🥶🥶🥶

Hotter this morning than it was yesterday, im guessing 40, maybee even 41 will be reached today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Already 37c, pretty much blazing through our record maximum… set yesterday…

• Like 3

Posted
On 15/07/2022 at 15:11, Team Squirrel said:

Find your nearest M&S Foodhall, it's so cold in there today the staff are wearing gillets. 

It's too hot in 

Charlwood only 5 miles or so from here

39.1 there

jeez

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Can’t believe Charlwood has broken the record at 11am!!

That settles it, gonna be hotter than even 41 it looks like. Thank goodness I'm in Dover, reached 31 at eleven. Hope it doesn't speed up now with accumulating temperature.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It's certainly going to be a scorcher today! We dropped to a comfortable low of 20.2 last night around 1.30. We are quite close to Croydon where they keep mentioning the minimum of 25c, but it is full of concrete! With ice blocks in front of the fan, I slept quite well considering. There was a bit of a breeze this morning to move the warm air around the house before I spotted the 8am temp was around 29c. It's now showing 37.1 - dropped from high of 37.4 at
11:45 - there may be high cloud, I can't see as the curtains are now closed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 17/07/2022 at 08:53, Eagle Eye said:

Heat low is a little bit too slow compared to the models, which might slow down the temperature development today but increase the 'potential' for significant heat on Tuesday.

image.thumb.png.eb8058aaac0d350ac534c534d28a9971.png

image.thumb.png.2c6398c6349a37c784166f19335b23b0.png

And just like that it seems hotter than modelled, shows that a combination of models and readings do make for an accurate forecast and why further readings are needed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Never known my weather station change so fast!.went upto 40.5 at 12.03 but within 3 minutes down to 40.2!have we peaked here?depends if skies stay clear or not.Either way 19th July 2022 will stick in my memory for some time!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

That settles it, gonna be hotter than even 41 it looks like. Thank goodness I'm in Dover, reached 31 at eleven. Hope it doesn't speed up now with accumulating temperature.

I suspect it will almost certainly break 40c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Normally I'd be looking at an advancing band of rain and lower temps out west and wishing the whole lot would 'do one' and not spoil the lovely weather over the Region. But in the current circumstances I'm thinking hurry up and get here! 

Radar 12.05: 1131356073_Radarwithtemps19July2212_05.thumb.jpg.7139a3e6365b2e4ec7f2a9e2851ff36e.jpg

Arome suggesting ETA late evening: 664489669_Aromeprecip19July202223_00.thumb.png.c8667f7e760a7648a19646374437fd0c.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Normally I'd be looking at an advancing band of rain and lower temps out west and wishing the whole lot would 'do one' and not spoil the lovely weather over the Region. But in the current circumstances I'm thinking hurry up and get here! 

Radar 12.05: 1131356073_Radarwithtemps19July2212_05.thumb.jpg.7139a3e6365b2e4ec7f2a9e2851ff36e.jpg

Arome suggesting ETA late evening: 664489669_Aromeprecip19July202223_00.thumb.png.c8667f7e760a7648a19646374437fd0c.png

Yes, late evening arrival with energy rejoining it  (wrote about it yesterday on this thread and looks to be close enough, so I'm happy about that forecast).

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not soon enough for Kent's batters anyway! 😫

• Like 2

Posted

Seem to be lagging behind other places today 'only' 34.2 currently. Did get down to 19.3 overnight.

Currently 27.4 indoors upstairs so not too bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Cloudy skies, and some torrential rain in the area, down nr Minehead, stifling humidity I'm guessing, sweating like nobody's business, hurry up cooler weather, I hope you're all coping ok back homewards, the cooldown is coming, remain calm

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

19 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Based on these temp recordings from radar at 12:05, my weather station can't be right can it? Or is my heat muddled head missing something?

2022.07.19 39C at 12.38.jpg

Edited by Soaring Hawk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Feels like florida now with the heat coming off the bricks, though there is quite a breeze now, it barely doing anything with how hot it is

Posted

Possibility for thunderstorms for today and tomorrow in this region.

xx_model-en-330-0_modez_2022071900_20_4855_547.thumb.png.bad844bf1aaf1310237ac1835b154b20.png

xx_model-en-330-0_modez_2022071900_40_4855_547.thumb.png.c0f255d2ea0a6cda04af1830a71ae9d3.png

• Like 3