Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Sorry bit of topic ..does anyone remember ..the rivals to sea france p&o sea link etc etc ..there slogan  was fight the pirates. .Dover based I think ?

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

No thunder today (pleased about that after NYE’s local fireworks reduced my dear dog to a quivering shaking state of anxiety all evening after the tea time lot started and carried on and off until midnight and beyond) but the sky went black and we had some lively rainfall at a rate of 25.2.  After all the drama of trees thrashing about and conservatory sounding as though we were going through a carwash, only had a recorded 5.4mm of rain between 2:30 - 3:30pm. 
Sky looked nice to the west though once the rain stopped.7150601A-6195-48B9-8C5E-66BB2A6ECC4D.thumb.jpeg.aadc03896aefe4d5ac1f5dc9c38d0c79.jpeg

Today’s highlight was that at 4:40pm there was still some light in the sky (2nd photo) yay the days are getting longer 

07A802A9-DAAC-4FF1-87CA-44198A82B8E7.thumb.jpeg.9bdab6d0d0a67dd2125603940572cfd7.jpeg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Edited for spilling mistook
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Yesterday was my first time being properly active for half a month because I was running everywhere trying to beat the Sunset and get new batteries for my Camera because they had run out.

Today has been rather grey so far but at least it feels light.

IMG_0880.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone have a view about tomo lunch ..pm ..we have some of the ingredients of the recipe. .but can we make a meal of it ..behind the precipitation we have it all there ..but will it linger long  enough to give us a few flakes as it clears ..straw clutching I know but ...there is straws at least ..??

Edited by TN9
  • Like 3

Posted
19 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Anyone have a view about tomo lunch ..pm ..we have some of the ingredients of the recipe. .but can we make a meal of it ..behind the precipitation we have it all there ..but will it linger long  enough to give us a few flakes as it clears ..straw clutching I know but ...there is straws at least ..??

The further inland the better in my view, I don't think I'll see any but there's is at least a slight chance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

The further inland the better in my view, I don't think I'll see any but there's is at least a slight chance 

yea i hope we have something even on high ground say ..for once

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Another GFS run showing snow over NW Kent and other places further west. Leading us up the garden path again? We rarely get anything from the North or West here even Central London fares better like late Jan last year proved. But who knows -6c uppers marginal... 

Screenshot_20220103-221415_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220103-221439_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
43 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Could be a spell of moderate wet snow tomorrow for a lucky few.

image.thumb.png.f615e1221d4320de1bde4b3be44ba38b.png

Looks good for places North and West of here but shows rain for here there unfortunately . Good to see you in this forum Kasim as were deprived of the likes of Mr Murr these days who was very knowledgeable like yourself 

• Like 2

Posted

Here's my completed 2021 storm season video with a couple pictures provided by Zak M, 13 minutes long with my favourite part the last minute or so where I put all the time lapses and images put together in quick time.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

This drizzle can do one. Any upto date news on how far south this cold will push?

Posted
36 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

This drizzle can do one. Any upto date news on how far south this cold will push?

All the way temporarily but as is  the way here, just fit the last piece of puzzle in and some one whips the first bit out again,precipitation .

NW winds never really do much here with showers and turn our backs for a second and warmer air there ready and  waiting in the wings

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

please just let us have some lovely sunny weather, this morning and still is very nice but looking at the radar it looks to become another crappy day on the way 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Still 9c here, northerly hasn't kicked in yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

A miserable day in Locksbottom and one of those unusual days where temperatures drop throughout the day.Was 7.1 here at 7.30 this morning and has continued to drop through the morning.currently 4.4 and moderate rain.Lovely??‍♂️☔

Posted
default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Crystal Palace National Sports Centre 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

... and all of a sudden we are forecast 'heavy snow' at 14:00... well, we shall see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Currently wet snow here in Brentwood, way too wet to stick but still snow!

• Like 5

Posted

Ive actually seen our first few snowflakes of the winter. the temp has gradually fallen during the morning, from 6c at 7am to 2c now. DP now 1c

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Snowing lightly here up on the NE Surrey North Downs - Caterham.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Snowing lightly here up on the NE Surrey North Downs - Caterham.

At nearly sea level give or take a foot ..it's bleak cold wind ..high tide too ..but drizzle (chatham)

Ps I'm gonna go back over the downs now a229 so I'll stop off at bluebell see if I can see a flake or two, gradual incline from 0 to 600 odd ft 

20220104_125211.jpg

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

There was a bit of sleet here in Upper Norwood earlier but other than that it's just been cold rain.