Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Sunny and warm all day, just what we need to raise the spirits!   

Aye, early finish Friday and a few errands sorted so a quick change before I try and give the grass it’s first cut of the season.

I’m not looking forward to that one but maybe a couple of beers up the road at tea time will be a decent reward for the effort.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another sunny and warm day. Peak temperature similar to yesterday, 18.7C. Similar again tomorrow, I wonder if there is a chance somewhere could hit 20C?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
13 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Another sunny and warm day. Peak temperature similar to yesterday, 18.7C. Similar again tomorrow, I wonder if there is a chance somewhere could hit 20C?

We reached 19c here and with no breeze it feels like a mid summers day.

front lawn cut so that’s about 25% of my grass had its first trim of the season although it’s thick and getting damp again now and when it takes longer to empty the grass box than it takes to fill it I think I should have started a couple of weeks earlier.

my god do I hate gardening

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, iand61 said:

front lawn cut so that’s about 25% of my grass had its first trim of the season although it’s thick and getting damp again now and when it takes longer to empty the grass box than it takes to fill it I think I should have started a couple of weeks earlier.

Yes, likewise, I hate gardening with a passion. As such, the grass doesn't get cut as often as it should, which probably works against me as it makes the job harder each time!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
44 minutes ago, iand61 said:

First cut is always hardest, the mower seems to drag even when the grass isn't long. Doesn't help that the ground and soil temps are probably still cold after the winter so it holds more moisture I guess hence the dragging. Thinking about doing mine this weekend before the kitchen sink gets thrown at us next week. Otherwise it might resemble a jungle by mid April.

• Like 5

Posted
47 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

First cut is always hardest, the mower seems to drag even when the grass isn't long. Doesn't help that the ground and soil temps are probably still cold after the winter so it holds more moisture I guess hence the dragging. Thinking about doing mine this weekend before the kitchen sink gets thrown at us next week. Otherwise it might resemble a jungle by mid April.

Yes, that's a very good point, probably ought to cut it this weekend with the weather turning next week. Extended metoffice forecast mentions increased risk of snow to low levels in the North as we move into April and increased risk of 'wintry hazards'. No surprise as a late blast of cold is not unusual after an initial warm spell at this time of year.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, severe snowstorm said:

Yes, that's a very good point, probably ought to cut it this weekend with the weather turning next week. Extended metoffice forecast mentions increased risk of snow to low levels in the North as we move into April and increased risk of 'wintry hazards'. No surprise as a late blast of cold is not unusual after an initial warm spell at this time of year.

This year is shaping up to be 2020 on steroids.

a warmish end to March quickly followed by a cold start to April.

I remember standing in a 2m queue at a certain German supermarket on the day before Good Friday, with snowflakes blowing about wondering why I’d  gone out without a jacket.

an overnight change from early summer into late winter.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
40 minutes ago, iand61 said:

This year is shaping up to be 2020 on steroids.

a warmish end to March quickly followed by a cold start to April.

I remember standing in a 2m queue at a certain German supermarket on the day before Good Friday, with snowflakes blowing about wondering why I’d  gone out without a jacket.

an overnight change from early summer into late winter.

Another beautiful Spring day today & another likely tomorrow ☀️ but like the Covid Lockdown Mk1 of Spring 2020 - a cold early April looks like shaping up. On the plus side we saw a very thundery late Spring/ early summer 2020 locally and a decent high summer period (better than summer 2021) with hot spells but not with the intensity of the record nighttime highs & humidity seen further south - London & the SE was a sweat box for a week in early August 2020. Enduring winters sting you never know may help us when spring & summer proper arrives. 

• Like 5

Posted

Rinse and repeat again today, sunny skies and temp already rising nicely after a cool start. It is currently 10C which is slightly higher than the same time yesterday, so perhaps an outside chance of hitting 20C today.

• Like 4

Posted

Another lovely day on the cards so it looks like my first suntan of the year will be coming via a day spent in the garden.

Hopefully the conditions can carry on again tomorrow as the top up will hopefully come from a long day walking in the Lakes.

Covid test just carried out and negative again, just hope we can both avoid catching the damn thing and get on our cruise in 10 days time.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Well that month went very quick. 
landed this morning at 06:15. Long 14.5 hours flight from Singapore. 

looks like nice sunny weekend. 
Was very, very hot in the north of Thailand.

4488E614-3B66-4E60-915D-1B482E599F6B.jpeg

B841BD8A-8E65-48E6-BF5C-BFE399D64EA1.jpeg

6F5C6424-E876-400F-AF31-205A5103C386.jpeg

43E9C747-B7A3-4121-BBE8-4B24762246DA.jpeg

Edited by Winter Hill
  • Like 9

Posted

8th possibly 9th dry sunny very mild day on the trot.. turning into an excellent spell of early spring weather, every bit as good as 2012 and 2020. Blue clear skies this morning, temp already 11.2 degrees. Today though will probably be the last of proper warm feeling days, more cloud tomorrow I suspect and a nudge down in temps, this continues markedly through next week, might even see some precipitation after 2 weeks of nothing. Since Dec 2020 its quite remarkable how often we've had fortnights or more with no rain.. 

• Like 7

Posted

17.7c yesterday with today's high in Buxton forecast at 16'c, with glorious blue-skies looking out over the hills this morning but I definitely wouldn't want to be visiting the usual tourist hot-spots this weekend. Thanks to some free-time away from errands & meetings I managed to make the most out of the past few days during the afternoon's with around 9 Ethel Peaks in the bag and enjoying many of the places all to myself.

3859.thumb.jpg.e9745d2d8529021aba954b6fe583e8e3.jpg3867.thumb.jpg.55fdca291c889d1bde12c4e97528341c.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, Winter Hill said:

Well that month went very quick. 
landed this morning at 06:15. Long 14.5 hours flight from Singapore. 

looks like nice sunny weekend. 
Was very, very hot in the north of Thailand.

4488E614-3B66-4E60-915D-1B482E599F6B.jpeg

B841BD8A-8E65-48E6-BF5C-BFE399D64EA1.jpeg

6F5C6424-E876-400F-AF31-205A5103C386.jpeg

43E9C747-B7A3-4121-BBE8-4B24762246DA.jpeg

If you had been in Singapore sixty or more years ago, it might have taken you up to 5 days to fly back. This is Changi Airfield (then an RAF base where we lived for 3 years) in 1960. A far cry from today's world-renowned International Airport. Enjoy the sun and warmth back here whilst it lasts!

changi airfield 3 (2).jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Back lawn cut now, not saying it was thick but just wondering whether to make it as big bale silage or leaving it another couple of days and bale it as hay.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
58 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

If you had been in Singapore sixty or more years ago, it might have taken you up to 5 days to fly back. This is Changi Airfield (then an RAF base where we lived for 3 years) in 1960. A far cry from today's world-renowned International Airport. Enjoy the sun and warmth back here whilst it lasts!

changi airfield 3 (2).jpg

Certainly very busy airport now 

took this just coming into changi airport 

DB48C5E4-0814-4BC5-9BC5-DE774B74159C.jpeg

CDE7F431-8B7B-4E70-AD89-A39E0F8417E5.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Temperature rising steadily here, nearly up to yesterday's maximum already, currently 18.4C. Hardly a breath of wind out.

Edit: just passed yesterday's max temperature, now 18.8C.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted

A decent day to be painting decking although with it being so early in the year, the shade comes around a lot soon than I would have wanted.

It’s still warm enough though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Beautiful day for pub garden, felt warm earlier but breeze picked up now but still busy in the gardens.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

After a lot of typical reluctance by the GFS to get on the cold waggon the models are looking fairly rock solid for a cold snap now into next week and looking at the met office forecast probably the last bright day tomorrow before much more cloud arrives and a gradual big drop of temp into next week. It will feel genuinely chilly in the NE/N wind but given it'll be basically April in any sun it still shouldn't feel anywhere near as raw as it would have done 2 months ago. Cold where were you back then???? it's going to be April and your late to the party.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Looks like the NW will fall lucky and stay on the brighter side of things tomorrow/ Mothers Day! ☀️Beautiful day again to get out and about in today - reached 18c here in S Cheshire but we’ll be closer to 7-9c maximum this time next week, some chilly nights with a risk of frost too so a notably cold start to April with Spring put on hold for a time  

• Like 5

Posted
45 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

ROFL

snowdepth_20220326_12_120.jpg

As they will no doubt be saying in the model thread…….southerly correction anyone and from an IMBY perspective, they can have it.

A few days of warmer weather and I’m in fully summer mode now.

• Like 7

Posted

It was extremely close to hitting 20C here today. Temperature peaked at 19.9C this afternoon. Another warm sunny day on the cards tomorrow and then a downward trend in max temps from Monday onwards with things turning cooler.

• Like 7