Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of a slow cloudy start up here but once the cloud cleared it turned into a lovely sunny afternoon.

hopefully a repeat tomorrow and over the weekend.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not weather related but I hope Manchester Airport sorts itself out and realises that large passenger planes tend to carry large numbers passengers before I use it in early April.

The pictures of the queues were unbelievable although not as unbelievable as the excuses made by the Airport but nothing can excuse missing a flight you arrived in sufficient time for.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A very rare aircraft!

fr24_logo_twitter.png
FR24.COM

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

• Like 2

Posted

Blizzard anyone?

There is an aircraft holding and trying to land ... WTF

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Blizzard anyone?

There is an aircraft holding and trying to land ... WTF

Now that would be a justifiable excuse for delays at Manchester Airport although no doubt the road conditions would mean that no one could get there anyway

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely Spring morning. Air frost first thing but evidence we are now far away from depths of winter... sun quickly went to work on it and temp 6.6 degrees.. rising 2.5 degrees in just over an hour..

Could be very mild day for mid March forecast high 15 degrees a decent enough high temp in May.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 9

Posted

Currently 15.4c feel the warmth sat in the sunshine in Norfolk square and now in garden… spring has sprung…  

Packed for France looking like 17-21c whilst there… ritual going away curry at Ruchi tonight… 

Hope you all have lovely weekend in the sunshine ☀️ 

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Rather reminds me of the weather at the start of the first lockdown almost exactly two years ago. Could do with more of the same, weather rather than lockdown! 

At least a full worldwide lockdown would wipe the smiles off the oil company execs faces and get fuel down to a price that folk can afford.

it’d completely screw my holiday up although I’m getting more and more convinced that a positive Covid test will manage that anyway.

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Rather reminds me of the weather at the start of the first lockdown almost exactly two years ago. Could do with more of the same, weather rather than lockdown! 

Yes the timing is very similar and outlook very much the same, predominantly blocked with lots of sunshine dry weather and temps well into the teens. I don't expect this to be the start of such a long protracted spell of fine weather as started late March through to June 2020 mind!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Stunning day today got up to 14C here but in the light breeze and in the sun it felt a bit warmer than that. First day this Spring that the sun has had enough power to naturally warm the house. No heating needed. The next couple of days might be a bit chillier given there will be a stiff breeze especially tomorrow but I guess if you are out of that wind and in the sun it should still feel pleasant enough. Next week looking decent too. Make the most of it as in this region we aren't famous for the sun!

• Like 7

Posted

Finally a decent day out in the sun whilst bagging 3 more Ethels around Monsal Head, the first of the Bee's & Butterflies were also seen today and the phone-temp read around 14c in the shade. Tomorrow also looks to be a good'un too so i'm already making plans.

03.thumb.jpg.6fb0e80611d86cbc6166d3e024c8068d.jpg08.thumb.jpg.d7e9eaa857f1ab38cf496bbc967163ef.jpg12.thumb.jpg.757f60e293f9e0bb73b6e0caaf9244c7.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Stunning day and warm in the direct sun. A lovely sunset this evening followed by a full moon rise which looked spectacular. A chill in the air however but we had similar with all those frosts last March into April and some fine weather. I'm sure these days Spring is the best season of the year.

• Like 3

Posted

Moonlight on the kitchen floor.

20220318_232157.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

A couple of pictures of last nights moon.

Dog sitting for the weekend so it gave me a reason to be out of the house rather than endure Emmerdale and double Corrie and I’m glad I did.

As for today, another lovely day on the cards but unfortunately it will be tempered by a strong and no doubt coolish breeze but I’ll take it over rain any day.

as others have already said, it currently shaping up very similar to this time in 2020 just before lockdown.

D5164CE5-ECB4-49EE-BF81-B0DE8BF1EBF1.jpeg

95F6DA6B-066C-4D11-A32B-C6ED391DB12C.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Thankfully not all March easterlies are made the same and much as I enjoyed what late March 2013 brought up here, I am looking forward to the upcoming days of dry and sunny conditions.

I’m very much looking forward to summer now, the dark nights of winter spent chasing cold that never materialises can wait until next winter.

22AA76BD-78E4-4452-BE26-B5DE3C2D0FD5.jpeg

EAE422DD-44B4-4D50-970B-11A5C013E514.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Yes, a lovely morning and no sign of a frost. Breeze has got up a bit overnight but not a chilling wind and looking forward to a good weekend.

Our wedding anniversary and where better to spend it than..... Crewe v Bolton at Gresty Road! Mrs FLT agreed to this provided I took her grandson who is staying with us from Uni this weekend. Fair's fair and we'll be able to toast our anniversary and a Crewe win (ha-ha!) at our favourite restaurant tonight. 17 years and a very similar day today weather-wise as Sat 19th March 2005. And our wedding day present from our neighbours is still going strong.

crewe wedding day plant.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A beautiful early Spring weekend and 5-7 days coming up lots of Spring sunshine ☀️  & a taste of spring   warmth - BBC have 18-19c  possible for next Tues & Wednesday quite Spring 2020 like thankfully without the lockdowns! We’re off to a good start but Spring can be the cruelest of seasons and unseasonably chilly days with showers can return during April right through to May - May last year was more like October! ☔️ 

Have a lovely weekend guys whatever you are up to in the sunshine! After an uninspiring winter Spring has arrived in the NW ☀️ 

• Like 5

Posted

Just back from walking the dog and apart from the nagging breeze it’s a lovely morning.

It’s amazing how quickly things are drying out as well.

• Like 3

Posted

Stunning Saturday.. spring has firmly arrived and this is just the weather needed now as we climb out of the 5 month dark slumber period. 

Next week looking very 2012 and 2020 like.. lots of sunshine dry very mild weather to come. NW sheltered from the light SE/E flow as well.

• Like 4

Posted

A few days of dry weather + some sunshine and a strong breeze = 

the moors are on fire.

There is the slightest possibility that it was accidental but I know where I’d put my last fiver

someone’s let the idiots out again

• Like 6

Posted

Glorious weather and luckily i've been out in the sun all day today on a guided-walk, up at 5am ready to meet & greet all the hikers of varying ages (and back-mark to pick-up any lagging behind) mini-bus straight over to the A635 Black Hill where it was a bit foggy this morning and on-to clear skies above Crowden Brook before dropping off the snake-pass side of Glossop. Most noticeable was the wind which was gusting up to 50mph at times and taking the edge off the temps but the sun-lotion was still needed.

04.thumb.jpg.a0c015cbbc656558656640bb7fb3c3d5.jpg11.thumb.jpg.03164ba172024fa2f3e9f42152d579d7.jpg13.thumb.jpg.8e8bc3495159c2a715820e9e3ab2024f.jpg

17.thumb.jpg.e37358fb78a6d0268f3dbe7b2a4777e8.jpg18.thumb.jpg.8c5a9da34ca4e3c75e9f52a4dd538d64.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Parkgate right now 

• Like 4