Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Easy solution, up sticks and move to Scotland, Orkney, the Great Dun fell, The Hebrides or Shetland. Not much heat in those places at most times of the year! 

If only it was that simple ehh... 🤷

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!
10 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I've eaten my own body weight in ice cream over these past few days. If it doesn't cool down soon i will end up with an ice cream addiction and will need to be pushed around in a wheelbarrow  due to being 20 stone.

I know what you mean, I got addicted to gelato when I was in Italy... I blame my boyfriend he knew it's like a drug... 😅

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Still awake at twenty to 4 in the morning.  Yayy.  This night seems even more uncomfortable than last night.  Maybe I'll buy a tent and sleep in the garden next heatwave. 🤔

Edited by Stewart M
  • Like 5

Posted

Patchy cloud cover making for a much warmer night tonight by locking the heat in. Probably will be the same Monday night too. The easterly breeze with clear skies had been getting nights mostly down to low/mid teens by dawn so far this heatwave.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I cannot say how happy I am for it to be cool outside, cloudy and picking with rain. Feeling comfortable again now and should stay like it all week. Hopefully any further heatwaves will have less intensity to them and 'only' be in the hugh 20s making them more manageable!

• Like 4

Posted

Last night was by far the worst night's sleep this year, even worse than the last hot spell.

Upstairs stayed at 27'c all night, the fan was on full blast and I still ended up covered in sweat and only slept maybe 2 hours.

Now I have the joy of going into glasshouses again to work all day (I was there yesterday too, but only for 2 hours, but had to have a nap when I got home.....it's exhausting when it 47'c with 100% humidity 😞 )

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow
1 hour ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Last night was by far the worst night's sleep this year, even worse than the last hot spell.

Upstairs stayed at 27'c all night, the fan was on full blast and I still ended up covered in sweat and only slept maybe 2 hours.

Now I have the joy of going into glasshouses again to work all day (I was there yesterday too, but only for 2 hours, but had to have a nap when I got home.....it's exhausting when it 47'c with 100% humidity 😞 )

Completely agree - it was horrendous!  Coupled with the fact I have a very painful shoulder and can't get it comfortable, I reckon I had about 2.5 hours sleep too.  It really wears you down!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Know exactly what you mean, i went into a decontamination room friday, 46c and water running down the walls from condensing steam.  It destroys you, especially when you come out and can't cool down.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
3 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Heat haters would love it here.  18°C and pouring with rain!

Getting something of that here too, a couple of degrees warmer and the clouds seem to have no idea whether to drop the deluge or not but they're there blocking out the evil daystar.

🎵 It's coming home

It's coming

Weather's coming home... 🎵

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

Lovely 06Z GFS run, 30C pretty much every day from next Monday in the south until the end of the run. 

S*d off!! 😜

10 hours ago, CreweCold said:

My mood has been getting worse day by day. Culminating in today where I was short with pretty much everybody. Thing is it wasn't just me, short tempers everywhere it seems. No idea how anyone can enjoy this weather unless they're sipping cold beer in a swimming pool. For anything remotely practical it's horrendous.

Today is awful for humidity!!

5 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Aww, I'll have some of that!!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If there are three definitions of the adjective, cooler, cooler and 'cooler', then today is stretching them all to the very limit of meaningfulness!😫

• Like 2

Posted

This neverending summer genuinely wants to kill us all. 

Covid couldn't do it, so mother nature is just going to try and cook us.

Or at least bore us to death with the same pattern over and over. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Today I have seen something I have seen for several weeks a cloudy sky.

Clouds gradually thickning.jpg

Edited by Katrine Basso
change text
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
8 hours ago, Earthshine said:

What's rain? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

What's rain? 😁

Well for my location Sunday is looking a write off, similar to 20th Feb this year

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Almost feeling normal tonight, such a difference from the last several days, starting to feel like a functioning human being again! Just praying this is the last burst of this vile summer. One to remember for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

It's actually raining here at the moment!  Only light spits and spots but it's so nice to feel some rain on my face for once.  I'll stay out in it as long as I can (or until it stops altogether!).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
1 hour ago, Stewart M said:

It's actually raining here at the moment!  Only light spits and spots but it's so nice to feel some rain on my face for once.  I'll stay out in it as long as I can (or until it stops altogether!).

I’m over in Penn and we’ve had nothing here, unless I missed it of course. 

Edited by Snowycat