Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Deeper into Autumn

Message added by Paul,

With winter now almost upon us, the model thread is getting ever busier, and as such it's important to keep it on topic. So, please keep your posts to discussing the model output, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Oh, goody -- four months of 'blizzards at Day 10'!😁

Yeh!,...in Greece😁

8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Classic wishbone effect, cold enough for snow everywhere except far SW, but dry away from coasts, Pembrokeshire dangler and usual Eastern coastal areas,

Could contain: Plot, Map, Diagram

Get the cold in first😉

• Like 5

Posted
29 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

ERM!!!

i have just come in from a Sunday dinner at one of my relatives to be welcomed with this...

Could contain: Map, Diagram, Plot, Atlas, Nature, Sea, Water, Outdoors, Ocean

The snow is even knocking on my door on that chart!!  Nice to see if nothing else after what seems like a lifetime of warmth!!

7 minutes ago, KTtom said:

Never has a +384 chart held so much interest! 😁Talk about things can only get better!

After all the warmth and dire charts recently, it's nice on the eye, even at 384 hours away!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Slug
26 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

That’s a really nice thing to say mate, and it applies to us all ‘as long as we are feeling happy’ that’s what we all need. 
I’m happy tonight because I’ve popped in as usual and there was 7+ replies to read since my last visit less than an hour ago. I love it when it’s starting to buzz with anticipation in here and hopefully we will have lots of opportunities to do so this winter. 
nice looking day 10 charts there, just need to cool down now and get more seasonal. 
im in my 50’s but love this thread when winter comes like a kid at Xmas 😀

have a great evening all the regulars and newbies alike. 

Yes mate some things are good and when we have good mentality then everything in the world feels brighter and reminds me too of my childhood when everything to me seemed more happy and innocent in the world.  

As long as we are happy, we can find peace and peace gives us a good feeling despite the darkness in the world.  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 9

Posted

These are the hints we need to see in the models for later in November, so hope they are on to something and do not lead us up the garden path!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
13 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Largest eps cluster at day 15 isn’t a million miles from the gfs op 

Could contain: Text, Art, Doodle, Drawing

This mornings was showing a Urals block...

Could contain: Art, Graphics, Doodle, Drawing

as does the CPC but no sign of a Atlantic ridge.

814day_03.thumb.gif.ff2e2155d3b7b05d6262cfbc0c013192.gif

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

This mornings was showing a Urals block...

Could contain: Art, Graphics, Doodle, Drawing

as does the CPC but no sign of a Atlantic ridge.

814day_03.thumb.gif.ff2e2155d3b7b05d6262cfbc0c013192.gif

A distinct lack of consistency 

the 8/14 cpc is centred on day 11 so won’t necessarily pick up an end week 2 pattern ( and it won’t have any eps included at weekends)

it’s just a wintry straw at the moment ….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
12 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

A distinct lack of consistency 

the 8/14 cpc is centred on day 11 so won’t necessarily pick up an end week 2 pattern ( and it won’t have any eps included at weekends)

it’s just a wintry straw at the moment ….

Sorry, what's not included at weekends?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but the prevailing wind!
1 hour ago, bluearmy said:

Largest eps cluster at day 15 isn’t a million miles from the gfs op 

Could contain: Text, Art, Doodle, Drawing

There’s a lot of different options in amongst even those 20 members, enough to make that cluster look gfs-esque but the possibilities are far more diverse. 

Still lots of evidence to suggest a pattern change is coming mid November but to what, as you correctly surmise, is elusive at present.

23 minutes ago, RainAllNight said:

Sorry, what's not included at weekends?

The NOAA charts are computer generated over the weekend using NAEFS data which is not derived from the ECMWF.

Edited by Uncertainy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

The buzz is getting real here, I reckon I'll be doing more than my once a week Olivia chosen document post with some actual forecasts.

Could contain: Art, Painting, Person, Human

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
On 25/10/2022 at 12:21, tight isobar said:

We got “rattling “ into the layers- things are likely to change in dramatic alleys!. Strat/trop- disturbance is setting in.. the USA will as (ever) see the dripping 💧, @ vortex finding. But disconnect of format puts a probable carve into the polar vortex as a whole @ mid November!! Then things change rapidly... And the notability sways to the euro side... the angular momentum- And warm pocket advection STRENGTH into the arctic is striking heading into early early winter!.. we’ll keep a steady hand 🖐 and watch to see if the beef dripping of layers.. fall on our bread 🥖?!🤘

Could contain: Art, Graphics

Could contain: Art, Graphics

Could contain: Plot, Diagram

Could contain: Plot, Diagram

Could contain: Plot, Map, Diagram, Atlas

“Hopefully now”.. my post last Tuesday may begin to make some sense - to some that seemed bewildered 🤷‍♂️🙄🙄.. see ya all soon as that mad ride starts to rev up And the ops/ raws start clasping-👋🤘🤘

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Just had a look a the latest GFS , what is the point of it going out so far , its always all over the place from run to run 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Slug

9 minutes ago, johncam said:

Just had a look a the latest GFS , what is the point of it going out so far , its always all over the place from run to run 

It likes to test our faith 😆 

Edited by LightningFox92
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia

It does feel like it's picked up a scent these last few runs...

image.thumb.png.73a6099ee0ab4d7fea378893c191281c.pngCould contain: Modern Art, Art, Ornament, PatternCould contain: Ornament, PatternCould contain: Person, Human, Ornament

Edited by RainAllNight
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, johncam said:

To be expected, at 15 days + margin for differences run to run are huge. Usually when there is such variance from run to run, suggests scatter and a signal of high uncertainty. It's the trends at the 6-8 day mark that should be viewed first.

It does end again with high pressure on the scene, a classic trough-ridge-trough pattern with low pressure to west and east and high pressure surging north through the UK. 

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, johncam said:

To keep us lot entertained lol!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!
2 hours ago, tight isobar said:

“Hopefully now”.. my post last Tuesday may begin to make some sense - to some that seemed bewildered 🤷‍♂️🙄🙄.. see ya all soon as that mad ride starts to rev up And the ops/ raws start clasping-👋🤘🤘

Your posts haven’t made sense for years 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 9

Posted

a strong azores high seems to be a contributing factor in this pattern shown on gfs. Seems to be stuck in a looped pattern.  More of the same then. More runs needed. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, johncam said:

use it for getting a feel for a global pattern type 

6 hours ago, damianslaw said:

To be expected, at 15 days + margin for differences run to run are huge. Usually when there is such variance from run to run, suggests scatter and a signal of high uncertainty. It's the trends at the 6-8 day mark that should be viewed first.

It does end again with high pressure on the scene, a classic trough-ridge-trough pattern with low pressure to west and east and high pressure surging north through the UK. 

There is a transient upper ridge thrown up to our west over the next few days - gfs and gem make more of it thereafter as it leaves a wedge of higher heights to our nw, ready to engage with any future amplification which seems likely given events upstream. Add in the upcoming n pacific ridge which looks like being pretty big and it does seem likely that the NH pattern will become blocked - and scandi does seem to be the most likely place for our fella - which should aid trop wave disruption of the strengthening strat vortex 

but scandi certainly isn’t a shoe in at this range as you say 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1