Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 minute ago, Skullzrulerz said:

So, what's next after this initial cold snap, a even colder spell in the mid month period 

Is that a question or a statement?

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Skullzrulerz said:

So, what's next after this initial cold snap, a even colder spell in the mid month period 

Possibly but snow would almost definitely be restricted to the North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
9 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I think tomorrow night into Thursday looks quite hopeful still?

Still showing we might get some early hrs tomorrow aswell... fingers crossed 🤞 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
27 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Er starts midnight tonight - think that includes tomorrow 😂

Were you not commenting on the screenshot of tomorrows weather saying that 7pm is too early the warning doesn't start until midnight?? Check back mate.

Posted
30 minutes ago, markyo said:

Yep the Trinity is the 3 German cars plus the mobile skip that is a Range Rover! Trouble is 2 of those German cars are rear wheel drive, put that in the hands of a idiot in snow and the outcome is inevitable. Least in Rotherham that won't be a issue....snow is NEVER a issue in Rotherham, it is so weird.

We have had loads in Rotherham, the cold spell before Christmas, we had days and days of lying snow. I remember snow being deep in 2018 and the one before that. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Can’t help but feel there are going to be some very disappointed folks tomorrow esp south of the M4

I will be ...

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

Were you not commenting on the screenshot of tomorrows weather saying that 7pm is too early the warning doesn't start until midnight?? Check back mate.

nope -commenting on the last screenshot for 7pm wed i.e the only snow one so midnight tonight too early for warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
30 minutes ago, rotherhamsnowman said:

We have had loads in Rotherham, the cold spell before Christmas, we had days and days of lying snow. I remember snow being deep in 2018 and the one before that. 

Where in Rotherham had all this snow before xmas??? Work on Ridge Road next to the mosque, one of the highest points in the town just up from St Anns roundabout, there was basically very little, nothing compared to sheffield, maltby had nothing at all!! Do you mean Thorpe Hesley? That got the Sheffield snow!

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
12 minutes ago, cobbett said:

nope -commenting on the last screenshot for 7pm wed i.e the only snow one so midnight tonight too early for warning

Yes that does seem confusing, weather forecast graphics are crap anyway lol......

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, markyo said:

Where in Rotherham had all this snow before xmas??? Work on Ridge Road next to the mosque, one of the highest points in the town just up from St Anns roundabout, there was basically very little, nothing compared to sheffield, maltby had nothing at all!! Do you mean Thorpe Hesley? That got the Sheffield snow!

We had some in Wickersley and Brecks which is higher than the town centre by quite a bit. There was a lot up Kimberworth too.. would have expected Maltby to have a bit tbh

The Met must not have a clue at 19:38 they were showing sleet and rain for here in Rotherham an hour later…. 

that low must have started tracking north again… Daren’t look in the Mod thread!

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
46 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Can’t help but feel there are going to be some very disappointed folks tomorrow esp south of the M4

Likely some of them south of the Solent as well! Not me, bring on the rain 😂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
7 minutes ago, cheese said:

Same with all the weaklings in the summer who turn on the A/C when it gets above 25C. Bunch of sissies.

😀....now now, temper temper.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, markyo said:

😀....now now, temper temper.

Language, Timothy?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, rotherhamsnowman said:

We had some in Wickersley and Brecks which is higher than the town centre by quite a bit. There was a lot up Kimberworth too.. would have expected Maltby to have a bit tbh

The Met must not have a clue at 19:38 they were showing sleet and rain for here in Rotherham an hour later…. 

that low must have started tracking north again… Daren’t look in the Mod thread!

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

Hope it does shift north again - get rather tired of all this ‘it will correct south’ nonsense spouted by the Home Counties lot on the MOD thread. 🥱 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Kudos to the mods in the mad thread. Some, er, light arguments in there, but it's being dealt with so fast that I'm only just actually seeing it 😂

Edited by ResonantChannelThunder

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

Hope it does shift north again - get rather tired of all this ‘it will correct south’ nonsense spouted by the Home Counties lot on the MOD thread. 🥱 

I'd love to know if any real research has been done on it.

I have to admit in my 20 years of watching, it does seem more often to correct southwards, but that tends to be particularly true in set-ups where LP are pushing into High pressure.

Usually the models (looking at you GFS in particular!) underestimate the core of the HP cell which means as it gets closer to the time the size of the high pressure cell increases and the LP get forced back, usually to the S/SW as a consequence.

Not sure that really applies to this set-up however, at least to any great extent.

And of course each set-up will be unique, so even though I do think I've seen more southward adjustments, I've still seen a fair number shift north as well. Its about knowing what set-up is more likely to see such adjustments.

Posted
12 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Not at all. 30 40 100 years ago the weather would have done exactly what it's doing now,  😨

You may be right - and I am sure so many would be delighted if that were the case, more generally 🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

It's turned into a, will it snow in my backyard forum

• Like 1

Posted

Here's hoping it all shifts North PDQ.

Due to land at Brum airport 05.30 Fri morn. The plane leaves Brum 10.45 Thurs morn, so hoping W Midlands misses out, quite frankly. Sorry guys.

Posted

although in fairness the mod thread can be forgiven for focusing on interesting weather 🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

Here's hoping it all shifts North PDQ.

Due to land at Brum airport 05.30 Fri morn. The plane leaves Brum 10.45 Thurs morn, so hoping W Midlands misses out, quite frankly. Sorry guys.

hope for snow in Stafford then!

Posted
7 minutes ago, Londonweymouth said:

And what’s really annoying is the model thread has become nothing but snow forecasts for the next 24 hours! Not even discussing the medium or long term! People should move to regional threads to discuss any incoming snow/rain or sleet, 

I suspect for the far south it will literally be all gone by the end of the day. Still I think some people get all sorts of cranky when they have a hope for snow of any meaningful kind. Especially if their weather interest is solely on snow. Personally I'm a fan of all sorts of 'extreme weather'. I was probably on here as much during the summer heatwave as I'm currently here for the possible snow event. Admittedly the summer heatwave was several orders of magnitude more impressive in terms of historical impact than this snow will be for me anyways, even if it over performs locally!

Anyway soon people will be decamping, especially when the first front starts to bring snow to the south.

• Like 5