Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted

For what it's worth, we'll be changing things around a bit tomorrow, to try to get a model discussion running for those who don't want to just look at the chance of snow in the next few days.

Meantime though, it would be nice if the snarking at other members, the team etc could stop. We're doing our best...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lol I think it rained all night! Gotta love waking up to the 1C, 1C dp and drizzle. 

Edited by Alderc

Posted

Will get at least one pleasant enough dog walk in the snow  at lunchtime before the rain kicks in - looks a grim next 10 days coming up for here anyway

• Like 2

Posted

Some of the coldest rain ever experienced here. Fast becoming an epic cold rain event that will be talked about for years no doubt.  😂

Edited by Robbie Coldrain
  • Like 1

Posted

Bit of a dusting here, I'd say a cm or two. As always in late season cold, big difference between depths depending on the surface it falls on. Struggling on the paths etc.

I imagine this will be gone by the end of the day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Another dull & dreary December day here on the East coast! Oh hang on...its March? What a waste of the increasing daylight hours when you have a month currently rivalling December 2021 for the "As much sunlight as the Marianas trench" award. Utterly shocking and to make it even worse- here's a lovely stat for you. Breaking down each month into 3rds (beginning 1-10th, middle 11-20th and end 21-31st) this first 3rd of March is currently 257th out of 259 for sunshine levels with only mid and end of December 2021 lower. Woeful!

• Like 4

Posted

Dry, sunny and -8C this morning. The same  as yesterday morning but it was a little warmer at  -4C .

Despite weather warnings for the stuff that can't be mentioned the forecast is now for dry, cold weather until Saturday morning followed by some sleet.

Which is pretty good as plenty of sunshine is forecast and if there is something that we're always deprived of here it is sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
17 hours ago, DJ Fart said:

I didn't see anything worth bothering about this time.  Lots of 'potential' but we got burnt in December waiting for the snow that never arrived.  This time I've just lost the will to live with all the chopping and changing.  I get that the models are struggling with consecutive SSWs, but they've been absolutely terrible.  I swear they're becoming more useless as the years tick by!

Small accumulation Colchester. Very different Shenfield way, looks like a good inch has settled.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Ever since this snow started, all my missus has done is to look through our lounge window. 

I suppose I'd better think about letting her back in. 😁

Edited by 78/79
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

A covering, enough for my boys to make 2 decent sized snow persons, in Wokingham. 

As the model thread is now out of bounds (as it should be) for daft questions, can anyone give me a heads up on what's likely to happen later / overnight? Due to fly out to Paris for a couple of meetings at 7am from Heathrow in tomorrow.... I'm thinking rain, right? 

Edited by username home
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Did the snow come 24 hours earlier than forecast? I'm sure it was due for tonight, yet we did get a bit (a thin covering) last night.

The Met Office long term is truly the stuff from hell. Please tell me that won't come true. Vile, dismal, soul-destroying, low-jetstream southwesterly grot. We need the joys of spring, not endless rain and gloom and an eternal winter-without-the-snow. If that comes off, March 2023 will be by far the worst March of my lifetime, and we'll be paying for 6 hours of slight slow with 30 days of weather hell.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer8906 said:

Did the snow come 24 hours earlier than forecast? I'm sure it was due for tonight, yet we did get a bit (a thin covering) last night.

The Met Office long term is truly the stuff from hell. Please tell me that won't come true. Vile, dismal, soul-destroying, low-jetstream southwesterly grot. We need the joys of spring, not endless rain and gloom. If that comes off, March 2023 will be by far the worst March of my lifetime, and we'll be paying for 6 hours of slight slow with 30 days of weather hell.

Yeah its a vile long term down here - the forecast was for heavy snow this eve but that changed quickly- just heavy rain now ☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
17 minutes ago, Updated_Weather said:

Had a decent dusting in Colchester - all very slushy, radar says sleet.. But defiantly snow falling on and off!

Will be interesting to see later!

Roads, paths all clear at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
9 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Yeah its a vile long term down here - the forecast was for heavy snow this eve but that changed quickly- just heavy rain now ☹️

Can anyone offer up any hope that March will be not quite as bad as the Met Office forecast?

If that forecast comes true I suspect most of us will be utterly sick of the sight of rain and gloomy skies by the end of the month.

What an utter waste of a time of year which is supposed to be one of the most joyous. Beginning to wonder whether it'll be April until we first see the sun after 6pm, the rate things are going...

Horrible, horrible setup. I'd prefer straightforward unblocked zonality with Icelandic lows in all honesty, at least we'd get ridges and some sunshine...

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well the Blizzards  have turned up😀😁😂 on que . Roll on warmer weather this is simply ideous weather....😪😭😞👀

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Snow has bypassed us here, not even a dusting lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The Blizzards have finally arrived 😂😂😂😂

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Grass, Hedge, Garden, Potted Plant, Wheel, Tree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

As things stand the cold weather alert is still due to expire at 23:59 tomorrow, the met haven't updated it since Monday morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
37 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Same in Kent, woke up to a decent layer but it's already melting back at a rapid rate. 

Looks like that was winters last hurrah for us