Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 hours ago, Weatherman_93 said:

Yeah what's happened to your 'Snow Watch' updates!? 

I didn't see anything worth bothering about this time.  Lots of 'potential' but we got burnt in December waiting for the snow that never arrived.  This time I've just lost the will to live with all the chopping and changing.  I get that the models are struggling with consecutive SSWs, but they've been absolutely terrible.  I swear they're becoming more useless as the years tick by!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Well what does the last frame show , the southern counties are all white 😲🧐

Thats for 19:00 - the warnings start at midnight tonight so just a tad early i think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

Going to be some interesting big football matches this week with this forecast...

Spurs v Milan tomorrow night and then (Liverpool 7) Man U (0) v Betis on Thursday - wonder if they will go ahead?!?! Always a nightmare to reschedule European cup competition games...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Seriously? 10 cms of snow an event? Gone in 48hrs!! The only disruption on the roads will be the idiots who have no idea how to drive in a little bit of snow and cause issues by their stupidity. How have we come to this level of inability to cope with anything that is slightly out of the norm......says a lot for society today, so devoid of real life, fixated on their smart phones and social media. 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 4

Posted

Gutted. I wasn't taken in on it til last night. Now all we get is rain! Sodding rain! I hate this country

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Seriously? 10 cms of snow an event? Gone in 48hrs!! The only disruption on the roads will be the idiots who have no idea how to drive in a little bit of snow and cause issues by their stupidity. How have we come to this level of inability to cope with anything that is slightly out of the norm......says a lot for society today, so devoid of real life, fixated on their smart phones and social media. 

An inch stops this horrid company car of mine.. a Peugeot 308SW full of engineering equipment in the back. No matter what I do, the front wheels will loose grip. Even in 2nd.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

An inch stops this horrid company car of mine.. a Peugeot 308SW full of engineering equipment in the back. No matter what I do, the front wheels will loose grip. Even in 2nd.

Turn the traction control off!!!! Sometimes called the ESP. All cars can do this. This will get you going . 

Edited by markyo

Posted

Well, Shorts and T shirt would be a lie, however, no wind, clear blue skies, 4c but actually feels very plesent, you can really feel the sun. One day of 'miserable cold' for me tomorrow then back to double digits.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Turn the traction control off!!!! Sometimes called the ESP. All cars can do this. This will get you going .

Ahh the fun button. I do that anyway, the car will drive itself at idle in snow without moving. Weight is too biased to the rear.

Keeping an eye on the radar on Thursday. If it looks nasty i'll see what work say.

Posted
Just now, Stelmer said:

Ahh the fun button. I do that anyway, the car will drive itself at idle in snow without moving. Weight is too biased to the rear.

Keeping an eye on the radar on Thursday. If it looks nasty i'll see what work say.

Keep off the diet then🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
31 minutes ago, markyo said:

Come to the south coast, a snowflake is an event,10cm is a 1 in 50year event!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I have just seen a mosquito in the garden 🤣 so I'm going for no snow here in my location the next 48 hours. 

They are pretty good forecasters of less cold weather. 

Further North looking good, but feel sorry for people having to drive in the snow, the way some idiots drive these days. 

Bad enough in normal weather but in snow, going to be some bad accidents  namely 4 make of cars that seems to drive like total moby dicks, no thought about others on the road, tailgating, undertaking, reckless driving speeding,etc

BMW AUDI MERC RANGE ROVER, you know who you are. Please take care out there on the roads when the snow starts. 😓

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

I have just seen a mosquito in the garden 🤣 so I'm going for no snow here in my location the next 48 hours. 

They are pretty good forecasters of less cold weather. 

Further North looking good, but feel sorry for people having to drive in the snow, the way some idiots drive these days. 

Bad enough in normal weather but in snow, going to be some bad accidents  namely 4 make of cars that seems to drive like total moby dicks, no thought about others on the road, tailgating, undertaking, reckless driving speeding,etc

BMW AUDI MERC RANGE ROVER, you know who you are. Please take care out there on the roads when the snow starts. 😓

Well done, you perfectly named the Holy Trinity of pillock  drivers in their cars...those 4 makes seem to be mainly driven by the dozy idiots who will get stuck in half a inch of snow or cause a accident

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

It’s March now so yes it’s an event, although one I would be quite happy for to not happen lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The mod thread is now just a place to ask if it'll snow in one's location, or to air what the BBC/MO have said.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I recommend keeping in your regional forums during these events, much nicer places to be! 😺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
3 hours ago, cobbett said:

Thats for 19:00 - the warnings start at midnight tonight so just a tad early i think

That's tomorrow bud.

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Well done, you perfectly named the Holy Trinity of pillock  drivers in their cars...those 4 makes seem to be mainly driven by the dozy idiots who will get stuck in half a inch of snow or cause a accident

You know Trinity is 3 as in “Tri” 😉

57 minutes ago, Easily sled said:

It’s gone North/South/North/South/North/south can’t take the mod thread 😂 

It will be back north again in the morning and all hell will break loose on there!!

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

That's tomorrow bud.

Er starts midnight tonight - think that includes tomorrow 😂

Posted
8 minutes ago, rotherhamsnowman said:

You know Trinity is 3 as in “Tri” 😉

It will be back north again in the morning and all hell will break loose on there!!

Yep the Trinity is the 3 German cars plus the mobile skip that is a Range Rover! Trouble is 2 of those German cars are rear wheel drive, put that in the hands of a idiot in snow and the outcome is inevitable. Least in Rotherham that won't be a issue....snow is NEVER a issue in Rotherham, it is so weird.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
2 hours ago, DJ Fart said:

Agreed. Nothing more than a slush fest on offer for the South East, but it was never really looking like anything else. Think I'll take a break from here for a bit and look forward to warmer weather. The NIMBY ramping is getting really tedious, despite mods repeatedly asking people to stop it.

I think tomorrow night into Thursday looks quite hopeful still?

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Also gives the south a widespread 2-5cms tonight.

Further 2-5cms further north in the area you show tomorrow evening.

Somewhere that managed to be on the northern side of the night time front and in the snow part on Wednesday evening might get 10-12cms.

Also worth watching for overperformances in these set-ups. The early Dec 2010 snow spell was a similar evolution but in reverse (E-W) forecasted to give about 2-5cms but ended up widely giving 2-5 inches, and some places got much more than that as well. Same may well apply for the afternoon system

The thing that gives me the best indication so far is. I’ve not seen one gritter and the sky is clear out with a full moon. and BA haven’t cancelled any flights yet 😂… that’s normally the kiss of death down south 

• Like 1