Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted

My ideal autumn would be crisp, sunny days with frosty nights and cool/mild days (12-16C) going into late Autumn. I don't mind warmth in September as its quite pleasant, something like 2020 would be great with its warmth and cool end. October I prefer it to be mixed with alternating dry to wet spells. Going into November I'd like widespread sharp frosts and endless sunny skies for weeks.. what a peach of a month that would be. By month I'd like a September 2020, October 2018, November 2016. Perfect. 😄

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
31 minutes ago, Frigid said:

My ideal autumn would be crisp, sunny days with frosty nights and cool/mild days (12-16C) going into late Autumn. I don't mind warmth in September as its quite pleasant, something like 2020 would be great with its warmth and cool end. October I prefer it to be mixed with alternating dry to wet spells. Going into November I'd like widespread sharp frosts and endless sunny skies for weeks.. what a peach of a month that would be. By month I'd like a September 2020, October 2018, November 2016. Perfect. 😄

That is pretty much my ideal albeit with a 2010 end to November 😛 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, BruenSryan said:

That is pretty much my ideal albeit with a 2010 end to November 😛 

Doh, how could I forget November 2010 😂. What a great month that was.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Sooooo, how is everyone enjoying Autumn so far? 😜

It's a little warm, but apart from that par of the course! 😉

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
On 22/07/2023 at 23:23, NEVES SCREAMER said:

An autumn of above average temperatures to make up for the cold spring and summer (apart from 2/3 of June). That will be nice. How about a 21c day in November to make up for today ? Yeah 

Cold spring and Summer? 

Not a single month this year has been anything close to being colder than average CET wise (aside July which we'll wait and see on)..

Admittedly the weather recently has been what I'd describe as the perfect definition of Autumn though. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning everyone. 🙂

So being as we're currently talking about what kind of autumn that we'd all like...Here's my two peneth worth...  For me personally I'd like a nice settled September (with the last of the summer warmth slowly fading) but with those gentle mists evenings and mornings... Just to remind you that it is now autumn.

For October, noticeably cooler than September, with those gentle mists giving way to our first grey fog day(s) of the season, and possibly our first proper autumn storm (say something similar to the now almost forgotten October storm of 2002?). I also wouldn't say no to a few of those days when you get that wonderful hazy, smoky, golden light that you can sometimes get in the autumn as well... I'd also like a bit of a misty, foggy Halloween as well, like the Halloween fog of 2015 would do very nicely... Just to add to the atmosphere. 🎃

As for November... Well, it can start off where October left off, but once bonfire night has passed, I think its about time that some proper autumn storms were unleashed with a vengeance! (Like the one we had on the 9th of November 2010 would do very nicely). Plus a fair few frost starts as well... And I also wouldn't say no to the first snow falls of the season either. ❄️☃️

Plus on top of that lot, a beautiful display of autumn colours. 🍁🍂🎃👍

Ahh well, I can but hope. 🙂

But whatever this autumn brings, lets hope that its a good 'un for all of us. 🍂🍃🍁🎃👍

• Like 6

Posted

Oh my goodness. I literally 100% just opened this thread thinking we were in Autumn for a minute. I completely forgot it's summer!

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, StretfordEnd1996 said:

Cold spring and Summer? 

Not a single month this year has been anything close to being colder than average CET wise (aside July which we'll wait and see on)..

Admittedly the weather recently has been what I'd describe as the perfect definition of Autumn though. 

Stats can hide the true feel of things.

I remember March and lots of days during April feeling pretty cold at times. Also remember some dull grey windy days around 10-13c(feeling even cold in the wind) during my week off in mid April. It was uncomfortable to be outside in it for long periods of time. Early May was also cold in central London, with daytime temps failing to reach even 16-17c at times.

I remember some saying we will forget the cool spring once we enter a lengthy period of hot weather in summer.

I can tell you now, I haven’t forgotten just how cold it was, and how cold I felt. 

People complaining about a few hot weeks in June, we’re being overdramatic, following months of dreary grey cool conditions, that most of us had to endure since late November last year.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

People complaining about a few hot weeks in June, we’re being overdramatic, following months of dreary grey cool conditions, that most of us had to endure since late November last year.

Aren't there already two threads containing moans about the spring/summer? It would be a shame to spoil the enjoyable read that this one has been to date.

• Like 2

Posted

If we are going by the turning of the leaves then autumn began in mid July here. That’s when I noticed some yellows/oranges beginning to appear.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I have a gut feeling it'll be a relatively mild autumn and winter with what's going on globally, certainly I'd expect the CET to be well above average for every month. Winter will see a few storms and will likely be very wet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I think a mild and wet autumn is on the cards for this year, kind of similar to last autumn. But with a cold anticyclonic spell during the second half of November, bringing the first frost of the season.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Saw the first rowan tree of the year today. Seems a little early this year as I don't normally start seeing them until around mid August.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

My ideal autumn. 
September first two weeks 20c and sunny. Final two weeks cooler with frost in prone spots and a storm or two.

October First week way below average with frost to kill off insects so I can sleep better without dolly the sheep size spiders running across the floor at night. A stormy middle not everyone’s cup of tea but I find them exhilarating. Then settle down towards the end with frosty nights.

November. A wet week to start off with. Then sunny, chilly and frosty. Snowy final week. 

• Like 3

Posted

Cycled to the top of Atherstone hill (360ft) at 05:50am this morning - a nippy 6c !!!

A lovely view East down the Stour valley with just a hint of the first Autumnal mists rising off the river below me. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

I'm under no illusion that summer 2023 has one or two nasty tricks still left up its sleeve, but there's no doubt that the corner has definitely been turned. To all my fellow 'autumn lovers' out there, hang on in there, as things can only get better as we accelerate towards the best season of the year! 🍂🍃🍁🍄🎃

Oh, and yesterday was just beautiful with its somber, grey glowering skies... The wind, the sheeting rain, just magic! More please!! 😃

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Feels really odd here at the moment, plenty of Daddy long legs, blackberries in abundance already, seeing my breath in the evenings, it’s almost as though Autumn is already knocking on the door, apples ripening, misty mornings and worse than all Halloween items in The Range!

Edited by Bobafet
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Feels really odd here at the moment, plenty of Daddy long legs, blackberries in abundance already, seeing my breath in the evenings, it’s almost as though Autumn is already knocking on the door, apples ripening, misty mornings and worse than all Halloween items in The Range!

Is the dew point/temperature low enough to see your breath yet? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Will be interesting to see how El Nino affects this autumn/winter. Northern Hemisphere SST anomalies are generally +++ so it's perhaps hard to imagine that we'll get any colder than avg weather early in the season.. 

sst.thumb.png.c1e3124dc6b51203bfb2f43822b3ceb8.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
14 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Is the dew point/temperature low enough to see your breath yet? 

Must be. Could clearly see mine on Monday morning at 6am

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Weatherman_93 said:

Must be. Could clearly see mine on Monday morning at 6am

Same for me on Monday morning in Central Scotland. 6c at 4:30am.  Quite a shock to the system compared to the heat in June🫣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The first bit of Halloween stuff on the shelves already. 

Could contain:

• Like 5