Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2023/24 Chat and Discussion

Anyone getting a sense of deja vue? The rollercoaster leaves the cold/snow fans at the top every evening before crashing down in the morning. Going to be an exhausting winter for some folk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
17 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I didn't see any model forecast snow showers here tonight but anyone who knows me knows I always bang on about East winds for this location  - it's only late November but the dew points make all the difference ,here at least.

I'm not suggesting I will be knee deep by morning but a dusting of snow is nice to see for the first weekend of December.

Dont think so,I've not checked the local forums but I've not seen anything forecast.

It is only a dusting from a couple of light snow showers but it's all stuck.

There's more on the way - it'll hit you in one hour, it won't reach me, it'll fizzle.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Only issue is temps are climbing hopefully be OK..

-4c at 12 oclock.

• Thanks 1

Posted

@northwestsnow second band didn't reach in the end - it got nowhere near me - it died a death over rishworth moor.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

@northwestsnow second band didn't reach in the end - it got nowhere near me - it died a death over rishworth moor.

Yeah I watched it,there are a few flakes blowing around I just stuck my head out and it feels Baltic !

I didn't even expect a flurry never mind a hefty  snow shower which has left full cover.

I'm not an expert on snow cover and night temps but I was already thinking the next 2 nights would be cold, with some snow cover it could plummet overnight.

Might as well stay up for the 00z run now 🤣

Will be festive round here for the start of December ..

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!
7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yeah I watched it,there are a few flakes blowing around I just stuck my head out and it feels Baltic !

I didn't even expect a flurry never mind a hefty  snow shower which has left full cover.

I'm not an expert on snow cover and night temps but I was already thinking the next 2 nights would be cold, with some snow cover it could plummet overnight.

Might as well stay up for the 00z run now 🤣

Will be festive round here for the start of December ..

Well... If us poor snow lovers in the snow starved south can't get our fix, I'm a big enough girl to say...🙄 I'm happy that you got some tonight. Getting any snow at all in the UK on the cusp of December is a win. Enjoy! 😅

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but bleddy rain

Heavy snow in Cornwall - proper fat flakes, Shame the ground isn't even frozen but great to see it regardless. If we can do it, the rest of you can - we didn't have anything in the 2010 winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 hour ago, MagicOtter said:

Heavy snow in Cornwall - proper fat flakes, Shame the ground isn't even frozen but great to see it regardless. If we can do it, the rest of you can - we didn't have anything in the 2010 winter.

Wow! Isn't snow in Cornwall quite rare? It's a bit of a microclimate I thought? Hence why those sorts of tropical plants like the Giant Gunnera can thrive.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
16 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well now  the moderate rain here has turned to moderate snow for a while this morning. A good example of evaporative cooling 

Pray for Sidney. 🙏

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and Snowy Days

The lightest of snow flurries down here this morning (proper blink and you'll miss it like the odd dusting). Not even an hour's worth. Technically snow in November, so something different from the usual norm. Chilly start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but bleddy rain
50 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Wow! Isn't snow in Cornwall quite rare? It's a bit of a microclimate I thought? Hence why those sorts of tropical plants like the Giant Gunnera can thrive.

It's the sea - always keeps us just above freezing and with rain, not snow 🙁. Hardly any frosts either, which technically makes us semi-tropical (it really isn't). In summer we get sea mists while everyone else has 30 degree heat. Remind me why I live here? Last proper snow was 2018, though we had a dusting last year. Last snow in November was so long ago I've forgotten!

Posted

as much as i hate this time of year, I really haven't minded the cold, dry days.

Its the return of the wind and rain i'm dreading.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

It’s been fairly lightly/moderately snowing in Exeter, Devon, rare for November 🙂⛄️ it’s not settling though 

IMG_1258.MOV

Lucky you. 🙂 

Even though it's not settling, it's still better than nothing and it is nice watching snowflakes gracefully fall. ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
46 minutes ago, Azazel said:

as much as i hate this time of year, I really haven't minded the cold, dry days.

Yes, I think people would probably appreciate this time of year more if we had more days like what we've just been having. 

I luckily don't have SAD, but I do love the sun and can understand why dreary sunless days can get people down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Too right clear blue skies here.

Putting a old Christmas mug on a frozen water Butt makes a change . How long will it last ?

20231130_113303.jpg

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Anyone seen this, nearly pi**ed myself laughing when i read this:- 

UK weather: Maps show 600 mile 'wall of snow' to bury Brits in 80 inches amid -10C freeze (msn.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, DIS1970 said:

Anyone seen this, nearly pi**ed myself laughing when i read this:- 

UK weather: Maps show 600 mile 'wall of snow' to bury Brits in 80 inches amid -10C freeze (msn.com)

Standard click bait 🥺