Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Bristawl Si Is that the stuff that comes in a sealed bag, that you brush in while hosing it down? If so, we used the same, in black with sparkly bits in it. Was impressed with it.

Posted

jtay yeah, Easyjoint.

Get the patio area drenched in water, break the 12.5kg bag open and unload it on the patio area, soak it with water to create a slurry and brush in. It's easier with a 2nd person watering behind you, to clear off loose 'sand' from the slabs. I was on my own, so the watering whilst doing the job and clearing off loose stuff wasnt easy. I've actually ended up brushing some of the excess off the slabs that has dried this lunchtime.

I ordered 4 tubs of mushroom-coloured online, not cheap, used 3, so have a spare. Delivered in 24 hours👍.

• Like 1

Posted

Bristawl Si That's the stuff. Had the Mrs hosing when we did it. If you need to break the seal on the spare bag, it keeps under water for a while, so you can use it for patching.

Posted

jtay yeah, i've got about 20% of tub 3 left and covered it in water in the bag. I might do a couple of other patch-up jobs on Tues and that one will be gone then👍.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

stainesbloke Autumns wonderful smells and textures are proof of life. Yep my favourite time of year. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Bristawl Si  It's good stuff   Si  certainly beats having to kneel for hours on end with a pointing trowel  working it into the joints.

Posted

78/79 yep, hopefully. I watched numerous youtube vids, incl Azpects own one. Time will be the judge😉.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

markyo Indeed, what used to be impossible is now potentially on the table. There is no normal anymore.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Autumns wonderful smells and textures are proof of life. Yep my favourite time of year. 

Agreed, I love a good autumnscape. Probably the only time of year where I like excessive rainfall (not enough to flood though) and heavy showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
Posted (edited)

Addicks Fan 1981 This is really just an artefact of warm nights and intense heat spikes/short intense heatwaves than any consistent or prolonged spells of fine weather, as you imply. They certainly haven't been consistently hot (except 2022) and two of them (2021 and 2023) have been very poor, amongst the worst of the 21st century so far. In addition, if I remember right, most of the summer months of this decade so far have been cloudy (all three months of 2020; all three months of 2021; and July and August 2023).

Indeed, contentiously I'd place 2021 and 2023 in the 5 worst summers of the 21st century so far (alongside 2007, 2012 and 2008).

So I'm hoping that this summer will not be "normal for the 2020s" as it'll be a dreary, miserable affair if so.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

It almost seems like this low could be already on its way out.

Dull, humid southwesterlies following the rain in the early afternoon.

However, already drier air appears to be moving in from the west with a deep red sky currently visible low in the western sky - usually a sign of dry, low-DP air.

The forecast tomorrow wasn't so great last time I looked, so are we now done with this low or will it make a comeback e.g. through a frontal wave?

Posted

Looks as though the Midlands and parts of the North of England have had the best of the weather today, and absolutely glorious here in S Cheshire. Similar for tomorrow but with the potential for some heavy showers virtually anywhere in England. Not a great day ahead for London it seems. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost

Airedalejoe  It's been diabolically grim for what seems like forever. We literally can't catch a break, not even the crumbs of sunshine that many other parts of the UK are barely subsisting on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

markyo Trouble is, I find autumn these days isn't like what it used to be and am vastly losing interest in it. September is more like a summer month now and at times even the first half of October. This is usually followed by a dull and milder than average second half of the season. There is very little middle ground nowadays.

Bring back the autumnal mists, foggy mornings and clear chilly nights which is what autumn is meant to be about. 

In fact, all four seasons in the UK nowadays aren't like what they used to be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I might finally breach 20°C for the first time this year, hopefully.

viewimagenc.thumb.png.35b9425e31451b3f773744ac7e707df3.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some great cloudscapes today here 

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1487.jpeg

IMG_1485.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

markyo What wonderful smells are there in autumn? Bonfires? To me, it generally smells of decay and death. Though I quite like the season if it’s misty/foggy with mellow sunshine

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

" ⛱️ 🌡️ #summer2024: Update of the ECMWF seasonal model for the 3 months of summer weather today.
First look ⤵️ 
🌡️🟧 Hot summer (+0.5 to +1°C)
💧🟡 Dry summer (±0 to -50 mm)
☀️🌦️ Satisfactory sunshine.

We will have to wait for the Copernicus update for more details

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Metwatch thanks for this tip. Next week looked a bit iffy in my location. I applied the new data in your tip and it’s very acceptable now 😃

IMG_1467.thumb.jpeg.41c2df5f4f2bd92da2cdee1137f6b258.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Talking of mist.. these are the conditions here

Screenshot2024-05-05231028.thumb.png.062b526b1afe204651d4eec3ff6a41c2.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

CryoraptorA303 What's your preference for excessive rainfall in Autumn based on? I have a friend who enjoys it from the perspective of comfort and relaxation (hearing it against the window for example).

I personally enjoy the crisper Autumn weather. So, dry and sunny but with a frosty morning and some mist too. A lot of rainfall in the UK just tends to equate to muggy and mild unfortunately 😒

stainesbloke Spring is the season of life to me, quite literally. Things are growing and birthing. Autumn is the season of biological descent into winter.

Doesn't make it bad ofc. I like Autumn. But imo it's not a season of life. Days shortening, animals going into hibernation, etc.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Posted (edited)

Was beautiful this morning in London, looks like though it clouded over in the afternoon but stayed dry. 

Came up to Liverpool for the football and it was a sweet spot between encroaching cloud from the south and cloud further north. Was warm and sunny all day. 

IMG_2420.thumb.jpeg.e948ec9b4b6fac8af83f8727c8da0e76.jpegIMG_2437.thumb.jpeg.e8fb0388418380d1aea741126899ced9.jpegIMG_2438.thumb.jpeg.b1bf3a5772c2e8c86908a905c21da5f8.jpeg

Edited by danm
  • Like 8

Posted

danm hope you’re not a spurs fan? They were dreadful yesterday (as they have been in the past few games) Liverpool played well and could have scored 6 or 7 imo. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Blob of rain on the way. The torrential rain associated with the thunderstorms on the 2nd, some patchy bits here and there and this upcoming rain will make sure that May 2024 won't be an arid month here at least! Signs of a pressure break around the 13th/14th making me wonder if May 2024 will be another wet one to some degree. Of course a persistent high pressure system in the second half could put rest to that idea but already I think it's not impossible for it to happen again.

Great weekend, saw my team lift a trophy in the sunshine. Yesterday was great aswell, ended up with friends and the kids at the pub with a band on outside. This is what it's supposed to be like this time of year, everyone in a much better mood.

• Like 1