Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Spring Has Sprung

Message added by Paul,

Please read the model discussion guidelines  before posting into this thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

LetItSnow! I'm not sure what you mean? 20c days aren't uncommon in April at all, especially in the Southern areas of England. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just a quick comment from me this evening.

Tentative signs of something more settled but not yet in the reliable so can only be noted - 12Z GFS OP ends with a return of winter (to a point) so it's far from certain if the HP evolutions put up by GEM and others will be a significant pattern change or a transient development.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Light winds and sunny. Cold in winter, not hot in summer.

Another glimmer of hope from the EC46:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

DaveF CFSv2 going down similar lines as well. Trough drops out further west at week 4. But again, we've been here too often for me to take it seriously until we get closer to the timeframe.

image.thumb.png.d19440266cecfb9230f97368e6a5fba2.png

• Like 3

Posted

Not sure I see much in the way of settled conditions this morning, a couple of dryer days around the 6-8th of April before the Atlantic ramps right back up and piles on in with another precession of lows. GFS had mid April being especially wet and cool this morning - hopefully an outlier. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Alderc 2.0

I have been keeping an eye on the models and the mean has been the guiding star with the omnipresent underlying pattern of an Atlantic trough with the UK predominantly on the colder side of the jet, with system after system pushing west to east. So cool and wet. Looking at D8-16 mean:

animrvo0.gif

Still no change in this relentless pattern so proving the point that even multiple SSWs do not mean anything for certain regions if the macro pattern is the alpha. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

northwestsnow ahhh I feel better just looking at that. Let's bloody hope it happens. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looking at the charts for Saturday, that plume of warmth could get temperatures in southern ,especially southeastern parts of Britain up to 21c/70 f ,if the ecm verifies , gfs not so keen as it brings the fragmented cold front in sooner ,any way one to watch ,could be a day for t,shirt and shorts albeit a very quick affair!☺let's hope the ecm is right ....! ☺ 

h850t850eu-58.webp

ecmt850-47.webp

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
On 31/03/2024 at 14:38, Rain All Night said:

0z/6z ensemble means, out to Mon 15th (day 15)

How do we get rid of the Atlantic trough? 😭

animvaq1.gifanimhrt6.gifanimlwb4.gifaniminp5.gif

0z deterministic runs, out to Tue 9th (day 15)

GFS, you utter troll.

animlkl5.gifanimapb8.gifanimmpc9.gif

0z ensemble means, out to Wed 17th (day 15)

We can be hopeful of a visit from the Azores high during the latter half of next week, but it doesn't seem it would stick around for very long. GEFS isn't interested, which is a concern.

animqoy6.gifanimcjw3.gifanimwit9.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

The GFS continues to move towards the Euros for a drier pattern next week. 

The ECM clusters pretty good agreement on this - no GFS cluster on this mornings. The extended shows the high moving either NW or south, but plenty of uncertainty. Would have thought the drier pattern would stick for the rest of the month and perhaps the summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
8 minutes ago, CoventryWeather said:

Would have thought the drier pattern would stick for the rest of the month and perhaps the summer. 

I wish I had your optimism 😄

• Like 3

Posted

Will it really feel that warm on Saturday though with widely 40+mph gusts and cloud? I don’t think it’ll feel a pleasant kind of warm, but more of a muggy type. 

Edited by Josh Rubio

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

ANYWEATHER Too southwesterly, and thus too cloudy, for anything close to 21 though?

At this time of year we really need strong sunshine from an anticyclone or a "blowtorch" direct southerly or SE-ly to get temps above 20.

My guess at that synoptic would be temps around 15C by day, 13C by night and cloudy (drizzly on windward coasts) but happy to be proved wrong...

Put it this way, I am not planning any outdoor events for the rest of this week or the weekend. Will defer them until next week when there might be the chance of the odd better day if we're lucky.

Josh Rubio Octoberish, doubtless. Or, bad September day. As I said, flatlining day and night temps around the 15C mark.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

CoventryWeather Recent GFS seems to transition from "deluge" to merely "cloudy to dull and thoroughly boring, with light rain at times" for next week.

Anything which doesn't bring excessive rain is to be welcomed, but I've never seen such ridiculous zonality in April before. The progged charts are absolutely typical for mid or late October. And for a 10th month running, this run of basically the same synoptics for now getting close to a year is just about unprecedented.

The 06z run does end with something anticyclonic for week 3 though, so there is a bit of hope. Spring might arrive around the 16th or 17th - which is even later than 2013 when it arrived on the 14th.

What I'd really like to see is classic April weather: anticyclones interrupted by potent N-lies or NW-lies, but I suppose that's a bit too 20th century...

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Rain All Night I'm just looking and giving insights into what models are showing. 

Not an expert but I'd suspect the high to continue to control the weather until months end - likely it will give brief NW or N winds at times. Can't see the wet weather lasting summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny