Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

But it is sunny spells and dry, lots of cloud about though, we have to take our mercies 

Posted

Azazel we had a hot summer only two years ago, a bit early to be concerned for the long term?

Posted

TwisterGirl81 exactly! This is a million times better to work outside in! 

Plus, those wanting quick switch to warmth and heat, it’s only mid April! Ground drying out sets the way for higher temperatures later on. 

Posted

Scorcher it’s not just the 850’s, the wasterly wind, the inevitable cloud, while not exceptional most of us will be reaching for the winter coats again! It’s just not needed. 

Posted

Cold, dull and bleak it’ll be next week I reckon. Hopefully it’ll be a bit sunnier in the southwest under that northeasterly flow, where I’m going next week.

Cold weather in spring isn’t unusual and is to be expected at times and I wouldn’t mind it if it came in between warm sunny spells. However it’s NEVER ENDING dross, be it mild wet and dull or cold dry and dull, that’s doing my head in!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

You guys think it’s cold back home, well it’s 5c with constant drizzle and a biting wind here in Zurich. Feels like a mid winter day. 

• Like 3

Posted

Apart from the early-mid January blip we've had pretty much record mild weather since early December so it was always going to go below average at some point. It would however be nice if it didn't rain and was actually sunny. Both today and yesterday have had a strong wind and blustery showers.

• Like 3

Posted

Don we did - but we’re now on 4 crap springs on the trot and one good summer out of 3. 

I wouldn’t be AS concerned if summer last year hadn’t been so awful. I didn’t think it was really possible to have an utterly dreadful spring AND summer but we managed it last year and now I worry this year will head the same way.

We’ve had like 4-5 nice weeks since the end of summer 22 which translates to roughly 4-5 weeks in the past EIGHTY. Or 35 days in the past 560

its horrendous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Azazel Spring 2022 was warm, dry and sunny everywhere? One of the warmest ever in fact. This year and last year so far were poor ill grant you. 2021 was cold but sunny with close to average rainfall.

So since 2020 we've had two bad, two good and one average?

• Like 3

Posted

Alderc 2.0 All I will say is I think some might be surprised by next week. There will be more sunshine than many are expecting and it could be pleasant in the sun in sheltered spots in the afternoons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Scorcher I'd be expecting it to be at least somewhat pleasant...next week is the end of April! Sun strength by then is equivalent to in August.

Really subdued temps though. Barely scraping mid-teens, and some days barely scraping into double digits. Very subdued for my area for late April. 

I imagine it's more normal for Manchester to see lots of 11, 12, 13c etc days in late April but in London I'd be expecting to see upper teen day maxes and even the odd 20c day by May. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons it looks very normal to me. I just had a flick through 10 years of data at Northolt, most of them were mostly in low to high teens, a lot of cool days, heat spikes sporadic and not particularly common. This is what London has most Aprils, most of the time, at least over the last decade. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Some comfort here, there's a feeling that the models are overdoing the cooler spell and it'll probably last a week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Anyone else getting the feeling that a sudden heatwave will hit after this spell has passed? Feels like there's a real yo-yo element to spring so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

raz.org.rain I’d take more notice of my seaweed, than I would of him …🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
11 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

Anyone else getting the feeling that a sudden heatwave will hit after this spell has passed?

No

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

danm Dramatic falls in temperature across the continent. Zurich was 26C during the weekend, now 5C.. exceptional. 

Over here, it's sunny but only 8C. Still feels quite chilly under the strong sun. 

Edited by Frigid
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Frigid I wouldn’t mind if we’d had very warm spells but the warmest it’s been here is 19c, I think we are all just desperate for proper warmth now after the wet and dullness of the past several months, now the sun has started to appear so has this friggin wind, hopefully the warmth will come in May 🙏🏼 

• Like 2

Posted

Weather is generally pretty easy to predict in this country. Apart from folk like us that are a bit nerdy when it comes to the finer points,basically it's always .

Winter- Mild

Spring - Cold

Summer - Meh

Autumn- Wet 

It rarely deviates from that broad brush.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Azazel I can't agree that summer 2023 was awful, with the hottest June on record and while July and August were by no means great, I have certainly known worse in the last 20 years.  September 2023 (whilst not technically summer) was also the hottest on record.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Don July 2023 was dire, the dullest for 31 years.

August was cooler and duller than average too, though it was better than July.

richie3846 Most years also have a mix of drier and sunnier than average months as well though. It wouldn't be as bad if we had a sunny and dry March.

Posted

Sun Chaser Ok I've lost all hope again. Soooo much cloud today. It's horrible out again. At least we managed 4 days sun before it turned. Our most since October. Weather looks awful til months end now. This spring is worse than last year and that's saying something!!