Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow reports 04/02/07 onwards

Posted

Interesting variations in snowfall from Burnham (where I live) to Colchester (to where I work).

Burnham, nearer the coast had about an inch which was begining to melt at 8am.

Colchester, to the north had a similar amount at about 9.30am.

But as I was travelling north of Maldon the snow was thicker amounting to near 2-3" and covering everything and roads trecherous.

But a typical sign of the even larger teapot - the snow ALWAYS seems to melt in the daytime, not much ice and obviously warm ground temps as well as temps marginally above freezing.

Edited by Timmy H

Posted

Currently snowing in Rotherham ( S.Yorks ) probably the heaviest its been all day really .

Edited by Delta76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Got fed up of the hardly accumulating little flurries we were getting today in Derby so i took a drive up to the Peak District - around Axe Edge to be exact. Up there was about 10cm of very hard and frozen level snow but with drifts up to about 20-30cm.

Temperatures rose to a very impressive -2C :cc_confused:

Posted

yes was not far off from there at one stage this afternoon on the outskirts of Sheffield.

The increase in snow cover and depth was really noticeable leaving the M18 on to the M1=almost nil, then out through Sheffield and on to its upper western outskirts, all covered=1-2cm, then on out further towards the Castleton road out but still within the city boundaries and a good fairly frozen cover = 3-5cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Snow has suddenly intensified and easterly winds have picked up. Settling!

Stu is it big flakes because i came over from Killamarsh to Dronfield his morning it was heavy for a few hours till between 7 and 10 but since then its been light just wondering whether i might have some heavy snow to look forward to it was snowing lightly when i last checked 30 mins ago heres hoping :clap: .

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Snowing again here. Coming down heavily now.

Posted

Had some decent hail and snow showers overnight which gave a light covering this morning,then quite a heavy snow shower about 9am which added to the cover which is no more than a couple of inches.

Currently snowing very lightly. :clap:

Posted

Well, it started at 03:20 with a few flakes and was heavy until about 11:30 when it became light and is still coming down lightly now.

Ended up with 3.5 inches in this area and 4 - 5 inches in the more remote areas. Driving today has been fun to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Snow intesified in the last hr--moderate to heavy now.Another cm or so in last hour or so and freezing on ground now.

Posted

Had around 4 inches here today, and been snowing on and off since. Went sleety for a hour or two after 3.. but back to settling snow now.

Grass & quieter, less used pavements still have a full covering of 3 inches or so, and that may be topped up now. Moderate snow falling and sticking as I type. :clap:

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

With 6 centimetres of snow today, is Abingdon still an appropriate measurement of disappointment? Here endeth the proper lying snow drought. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

10/10 snow event - special.

11-13 cms in my garden. Snow covering the curb on the road - no thaw. Snowed for 13 hours. Drifts of snow 20 cm +. I shall be changing my signature later :D

Posted
Moderate snow falling and being blown about. 18cm now fell today with some impressive drifts growing to around 1m

That`s impressive 6 or 7 inches was forecast yesterday in places, seems further east has done well too, just over 3 inches here and 3 foot drifts.

With 6 centimetres of snow today, is Abingdon still an appropriate measurement of disappointment? Here endeth the proper lying snow drought. :rolleyes:

Wow you snow drought has certainly ended this winter thats 2.5 inches.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Mainly light snow here since about 0630, average depth is 4.5cm which is nothing to get too excited about in this part of the world but I'm grateful for small mercies.

I'm reasonably confident we'll get considerably more on Saturday morning.

T.M

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening everyone

Just started SNOWING here in the North East ,[ lets see how long it will last for ] knowing our luck 5mins

nigel

Posted

around 10cm of lying snow now! 20cm drifts up the walls out the front!! today was wicked quite sad its all over lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny days, thunder and of course lots of snow.

Well missed all the action up here today but currently under a snow/ hail shower. Temp has dropped away now and imagine the roads will be very icy come the morning even if the showers come to nothing

Posted
Evening everyone

Just started SNOWING here in the North East ,[ lets see how long it will last for ] knowing our luck 5mins

nigel

Hi Stormchaser sleety freezing rain just up the road from you in Seaton Burn