Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Only needs 10 miles ish further north :( been like this for hours now lol!

naff all here either. From tomorrow it gets warmer - upto 6 on friday acording to Derek. anymore due this year??LOL

woody

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

work in llanishen and it was white over. a few hundred or so feet lower in adamsdamits very wet snow. The temperature is falling so hopefully it'll turn to sticky type snow soon.

Posted

naff all here either. From tomorrow it gets warmer - upto 6 on friday acording to Derek. anymore due this year??LOL

woody

Yep - keep an eye on 25th Jan and then the rest of Feb into March - winters not over yet

and winters to come over the coming couple of decades will be similar due to solar minima - a mini cooling period of the earth!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Just got home from work, I finished at 5:30 and it usually takes half hour on the bus. However, three buses failed to turn up so I got a lift from my sister but it took her half hour to get in when it usually takes 10. The roads are just ridiculous going out of Cardiff.

More on topic. The snow is coming down quite steadily now and is really starting to settle. I cant wait to see what it will be like in the morning and getting into work is going to fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

good luck with that - we'll send a search party out for you if we don't here from you within the hour

Back:) Didnt go far just along the field, very deep and drifting, I bought very good nike trainers last night for my trip to the USA and the grip on them is brillant so didnt fall over at all:)

Posted

Bit specific that andy, 25th Jan. What have you seen?

woody

Edited by ukwoody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Well I don't have Welsh blood in me but my Uncle who is more like my Brother is married to a Welsh girl and they have Welsh children that have very strong valley accents so I guess i'd class myself as being part Welsh biggrin.gif I prefer Wales to Leicester though in most ways. The only downfall about living in the valleys is that there isn't much to do at times compared to a big city like Leicester but I prefer the peace and quiet of the valleys anyway.

You got Cardiff to the south though:) and 2 other resonable cities. Cardiff is a thriving and vibrant place no problems with getting bored there!

Posted

Andyleics, you dont get much quieter then Pembrokeshire. It's 30 miles to dual carriageway and 40 to M&S. But I got used to it over the last 6 years and just couldn't go back to city life now (southampton). I just enjoy the outdoors so much more. It's just a bummer we dont get real snow in Milford.

woody

Edited by ukwoody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You got Cardiff to the south though:) and 2 other resonable cities. Cardiff is a thriving and vibrant place no problems with getting bored there!

True :) Good 50 minute journey on the train though! That train from Aberdare to Cardiff must stop at the most stations than any other train in the world :( Stops about 15 times in 50 minutes!

Posted

Didnt Dereks forecast pee you off. he goes on about the weather and then sticks blasted tables all over the actual images and detail, showing how much snow light lay where. It might have helped if WE could SEE where he was ruddy well on about!

woody

Posted

Stopped here in morriston:( not fair!!!!! Is that it then? Hope not but knowing my luck. Dereks forcast does look promising for the early hours but everything turning slushy now.

no gaps on the radar. temporary local thing i'd say.

Posted

Got over three inches of fresh snow here now - and drifting. With snow expected to fall for the rest of the night looks like a fair bit will have fallen by tomorrow...

Posted

A468 between Newport and Caerphilly at a total standstill in Machen.

10 miles NE of Cardiff, there's a chance this thing's going to crawl all over us all night! crazy.gif

Posted

Snow may well fall all night, yes, but not settling that well in some places.

For example, I have about an inch on the ground after over three hours of moderate to heavy snow - trouble is that the temperature hasn't dipped below +0.6c so it's wet snow and, while it's settling and going white, it's not accumulating all that readily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Didnt Dereks forecast pee you off. he goes on about the weather and then sticks blasted tables all over the actual images and detail, showing how much snow light lay where. It might have helped if WE could SEE where he was ruddy well on about!

woody

Agree. Is he trying to hide something from us???cc_confused.gif

Nos da / Good night is another one.

Posted

still chucking it down here blizzzzzard style ! temp at 0c and a nice accumulation pileing up outside the backdoor,,if this keeps up all night as expected,,looks like anutha day off work and of towing the kids up un down the hill on their sledge's with me lads quad bike....biggrin.gif

Posted

Not 'snowing' with me... now it's more like very fine bits of ice which isn't contributing to accumulation

Snow on lawn and parts of path but tons of slush here in my side.

Again, I think me problem is altitude. Could help with being inland a bit more.

Posted

Well Barry is looking a sad story for settling snow. Not sure what the temp is outside, but it's just not coming down heavy or even moderate and the ground just looks to wet. Maybe we will get some tonight, fingers crossed.

Posted

still nothing here in Machynlleth. Where is it???????????

I hope it all thaws before you all get up tomorrow...

Grrrr

(joking)

Edited by impster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Moderate snow starting here now, and temp has risen from exactly 0 to 0.4/0.5C :/

Posted

still chucking it down here blizzzzzard style ! temp at 0c and a nice accumulation pileing up outside the backdoor,,if this keeps up all night as expected,,looks like anutha day off work and of towing the kids up un down the hill on their sledge's with me lads quad bike....biggrin.gif

Yes hubby trying to get home from Llantrisant. Talbot green gridlocked and the road up to Llanharan almost impassable. Nightmare!