Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Snow has been non-stop from the showers today, been really intense at times.

Here are a few pics taken a few hours ago.

attachicon.gifWIN_20150113_195210.JPG attachicon.gifWIN_20150113_195204.JPG

One for those fellow lamp post watchers! :D

attachicon.gifWIN_20150113_195156.JPG

Wow!. Heavy rain here in East Ayrshire. As has been already said on here, Cumnock is the place to be in East Ayrshire for snow or the Fenwick Moors.

Posted

Great to see more and more people starting to report snow. :)

Been snowing here for the last 40 mins and it's lovely dry powdery snow for a change.

Lorenzo, keep that streamer over Livingston moving towards me at Currie when you've finished with it !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

It's great, might sack work and head up cairngorm tomorrow with my board. Though getting there might be a problem at this rate, still stacking up, heavy snow

Will certainly be a challenge! Those showers that formed are here as I'm sure you can see - another batch just forming and even more intense than the last, near the top of the scale on raintoday. Could be one for the camera!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Yep, nothing to add to the 3-4 inches here (NW Dundee). All the snow we have fell before the Met Office put up the amber warning for snow this evening and tomorrow morning.

Another shower on now. Looks a bit more potent this time.

Posted

Wow!. Heavy rain here in East Ayrshire. As has been already said on here, Cumnock is the place to be in East Ayrshire for snow or the Fenwick Moors.

Not sure where you are but it's all snow in darvel. It's off now though and don't see much more coming.

Looks to be splitting right at as on the radar. Doh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Woop proper snow noo

Been oot in ma new wellys to pit bin oot great fun

Enjoy awbdy

Fingers crossed for catch n the others wi well fired up snaw shields

• Like 2

Posted

Just the odd shower of rain in Irvine. You gotta laugh snowing to the north south east n even west over ulster...a miracle is needed to snaw ere

I often feel like that in North Lanarkshire in winter, but places on the coast need an even bigger miracle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Snow back on here.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Was in a restaurant with no windows in Falkirk but I know its been snowing for close to an hour and was heavy when I left. But it's not lying except a little bit on the very quiet roads and paths. Even the paths next to the main roads are just wet. Having said that Lorenzo's earlier map showed sleet over me so it may have started off as sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Was in a restaurant with no windows in Falkirk but I know its been snowing for close to an hour and was heavy when I left. But it's not lying except a little bit on the very quiet roads and paths. Even the paths next to the main roads are just wet. Having said that Lorenzo's earlier map showed sleet over me so it may have started off as sleet

I'm 2 miles north of Falkirk (only 20m a.s.l) and it's lying thick. Fickle thing is snaw!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Latest pictures of the snow. :D

post-21143-0-02151800-1421185614_thumb.j post-21143-0-32037800-1421185615_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted

Just the odd shower of rain in Irvine. You gotta laugh snowing to the north south east n even west over ulster...a miracle is needed to snaw ere

I'm in Kilmaurs. No snow at all. Horrible. I wish I had stayed in Strathblane. They are getting loads of it.

Posted

I'm in Kilmaurs. No snow at all. Horrible. I wish I had stayed in Strathblane. They are getting loads of it.

I'm just beside Strathblane and we've had a couple of direct hits tonight. Hopefully there's plenty to come for everyone overnight.

Posted

Snow has been non-stop from the showers today, been really intense at times.

Here are a few pics taken a few hours ago.

attachicon.gifWIN_20150113_195210.JPG attachicon.gifWIN_20150113_195204.JPG

One for those fellow lamp post watchers! :D

attachicon.gifWIN_20150113_195156.JPG

Good one Ross I'm measuring near enough 6CM depth down here - got any measurements from "up the hill"?

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/Pichost28/media/snow/13-01-2015-Snow-Measure-10pm_zps16400f70.jpg.html

If I wasn't at work tomorrow I'd probably be up the factories in the car parks doing doughnuts!

Edited by grifter
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Seems to be very light powdery snow that has fallen.... when the wind picks up it whips it all off the house roofs creating a local blizzard effect!

• Like 2

Posted

Moderate snow off and on this evening breezy and currently -0.2c.

Really interesting to watch the TV forecasts this evening with the wind arrows from a westerly direction and such a lot of snow showers and cold air over the UK. The air must have started its journey across the Atlantic at some very low temperatures to give such wintry weather after all that modification.

• Like 3

Posted

Great to see the reports/photos coming in!

Needless to say no lying snow in Crail, we've had a couple of light flurries but that's it. Currently 1c.