Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Just woke up to 0.5/-1.6 and everything white. About 1cm of snow which was better than I was expecting so its a good way to start the day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all Snow White Kilties! No further white stuff to report here, we were lucky to manage a few cm's, but better than nothing. We may even be lucky enough to get further snow fall later in the week. One lives in hope! Enjoy the white stuff those of you who have it!

Posted

Morning all,

No snow to report here in Crail. Overnight low was 0.6c. Ah well there's always the next time!

Pleased to see fellow Fifers (Blitzen, Big Innes etc) have seen decent snow. 4" not to be sniffed at, I've only recorded that once in the 10 years I've lived in Crail (Feb 2009)!

Looks like the Dundee contingent have also done well and good to see a covering down at Grangemouth, I know that's not usually a snow hotspot.

• Like 1

Posted

Woke up to the same dusting as we had last night. Tire tracks in the snow had turned to pure ice. Noticed the guy round the corners BMW abandoned half way up the hill.

Zilch in Killie. Started heavy snow / hail on the A77 heading to Prestwick but nothing at all on the ground at the airport.

Looks like there is something on the radar inbound at the moment but I'm guessing anything that falls will be gone by the time I get home.

Better than nothing I suppose.

One dog walk later and the precip looks like (there's that damn phrase again :D ) hitting further north after all...and almost in time for rush hour!! Sometimes it's best not to watch the radar as the precip seldom does what it "looks like" it will :D Although that adds to the excitement of it all.

Edit: I think the radar's trying to outwit me...wouldn't be hard. The precip has certainly pepped up right across the west, what's next?

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

There's an icing sugar dusting in Glasgow from a shower that hit about 5am. 

Surely we can't miss out on this band incoming now. Surely...

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard

Posted

There's an icing sugar dusting in Glasgow from a shower that hit about 5am. 

Surely we can't miss out on this band incoming now. Surely...

I don't think much is falling from that large blob over Ayrshire n glasgow..just a brief heavy rain shower

Posted

Very windy and we have a covering of about 5cms which is drifting a bit with a temperature of -0.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

I don't think much is falling from that large blob over Ayrshire n glasgow..just a brief heavy rain shower

So ive now discovered!

So why does the radar show phantom snow?

Posted

A good inch of snow in East Kilbride this morning though the roads seem to have been pretty well treated for once so no real problems getting out to Paisley for work. Just a very light dusting of snow/ice on the pavements here in Paisley.

Traffic cameras all look like heavy rain going through Glasgow ...

They do, don't they? I thought for a bit that the precip was going to be the big one for Glasgow and parts further south in the Amber warning area. Always next time?

Edit: Glasgow Airport METAR reporting light rain and recent rain.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

The band is hitting us now and falling as light snow. Had a further dusting overnight so now have about an inch of cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

On radio report of snow around Clarkstoun? No idea where west that is exactly lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Naff all. Sweet FA. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Zip. etc.

-1.0 °C and frosty.

Still, longer term output looks increasingly promising.

On radio report of snow around Clarkstoun? No idea where west that is exactly lol

South side of Glasgow, if the Glasgow area gets snow then Clarkston up to Newton Mearns will get it. It's out towards the centre of all things snowy to the south of Glasgow, the fabled land of East Kilbride :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Anyone have a pic of the snow this morning that we could use with this morning's front page article? Will obviously credit it to you..

Plenty from yesterday but haven't been out this morning.  Too cold in that wind! :wink:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Been snowing for about an hour here now - small flakes but fairly heavy