Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st May 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and all extreme weather! :)
4 minutes ago, Southern Storm said:

Good morning storm lovers

What a decent evening we ended up having in the end, with much more in the way of lightning than I was ever expecting!

It is also lovely to wake up to thundery looking skies here this morning, even though I should be catching up on sleep so I will be fresh for tonights action

Here are some other shots I managed to capture but was too tired upload in the early hours

Ps.. don't don't give up on getting something out of this event, many on here yesterday were writing off last night's chances (maybe even myself at one point) 

But luckily I'm a bit crazy when it comes to storms, with even the slightest whiff of one being enough to have me sitting for hours waiting, until one pop up

20220515024939_801A3336.JPG

20220515024725_801A3329.JPG

20220515022929_801A3286.JPG

20220515031511_801A3408.JPG

20220515031000_801A3392.JPG

20220515034926_801A3512.JPG

20220515034721_801A3505.JPG

20220515031901_801A3420.JPG

20220515015155_801A3181 (1).JPG

Those are some incredible pictures and an amazing time-lapse! I wish I was more towards the sea so I could see that in real time, but nevermind! Glad you got some action!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Nice little storm incoming for Weymouth

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Sky certainly looks primed,noting the ability of the cell of heavy rain to intensify rather than weaken as it hit the coast earlier,hopefully bodes well for developments to arrive'safely' this evening...

It had been weakeing and fizzing out up until 8am.

The air feels quite tropical out of the breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Looks like you did well to the west of me! As expected, we just got a dusting of rain in Reigate. However, I am more hopeful of today.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Nice little storm incoming for Weymouth

i think we had 2 strikes in south wales about 5am this morning, 

for later on i think it will east of IOW that will get it

Posted
33 minutes ago, Southern Storm said:

Good morning storm lovers

What a decent evening we ended up having in the end, with much more in the way of lightning than I was ever expecting!

It is also lovely to wake up to thundery looking skies here this morning, even though I should be catching up on sleep so I will be fresh for tonights action

Here are some other shots I managed to capture but was too tired upload in the early hours

Ps.. don't don't give up on getting something out of this event, many on here yesterday were writing off last night's chances (maybe even myself at one point) 

But luckily I'm a bit crazy when it comes to storms, with even the slightest whiff of one being enough to have me sitting for hours waiting, until one pop up

20220515024939_801A3336.JPG

20220515024725_801A3329.JPG

20220515022929_801A3286.JPG

20220515031511_801A3408.JPG

20220515031000_801A3392.JPG

20220515034926_801A3512.JPG

20220515034721_801A3505.JPG

20220515031901_801A3420.JPG

20220515015155_801A3181 (1).JPG

Nice,

I looked on AIS last night (ship tracker) and the channel was busy so i bet they had a good show

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Not really sure I see the point of a moderate when it’s entirely over the sea

It goes over Dungeness 

Posted

Think this'll be my first post in the 2022 Storms thread, what a boring month April was!

Here's to a hot & stormy summer! 

Posted
1 hour ago, Lance M said:

Ah, great. That's put the nail into that particular coffin, then 

Yep overcast with rain here Need the sun to make an appearance and get those temps up or it will be another bust for me.

Posted

Few sperics showing up in lyme bay,tis looking quite dark  towards that way from me looking south 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Here's the recorded strikes since midnight:

291489280_Screenshot_20220515-103349_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.eb765fbfb0e1e6c3282da52d9547885a.jpg

I'm not sure if I heard anything very faint and distant at about 9.45 this morning. Unfortunately, I can't prove if it was thunder.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's quite warm in the sun here, and small bits of something keep building quite quick giving light convective drops. To quick though for anything to really get going. One of those, gap let's fill it things, so the sun can't work properly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

My lightning detector is going off a few times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
47 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

It goes over Dungeness 

Still makes for quite a niche forecast

if I was anywhere near there it would be a perfect spot for today. All that open sky just waiting to be filled with spectacular forks

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
29 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Yep overcast with rain here Need the sun to make an appearance and get those temps up or it will be another bust for me.

Imports later on should be okay. The daytime risk is and has always been a little touch and go for today. If anything can get it’s claws in though we could see something rather special, particularly up through Sussex this afternoon.

certainly one to watch, but don’t grab your hatstand just yet as it’s still a marginal situation that (for daylight hours anyway) needs insolation to properly build up the energy needed to break the cap

North France 23-27C already plenty of fuel getting prepped their, shame most of southern England is not priming as well. 15-18C for most at the atmosphere getting fully mixed out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Imports later on should be okay. The daytime risk is and has always been a little touch and go for today. If anything can get it’s claws in though we could see something rather special, particularly up through Sussex this afternoon.

certainly one to watch, but don’t grab your hatstand just yet as it’s still a marginal situation that (for daylight hours anyway) needs insolation to properly build up the energy needed to break the cap

Not much chance of any caps being broken today, according to Dan's CW outlook we're gonna be a good few degrees Celsius away from the temps needed to do so:

Due to a combination of both warm air aloft, having advected from France overnight, and a cooler easterly surface flow forecast profiles are capped to surface-based convection unless temperatures can reach at least the mid 20s Celsius - which seems rather unlikely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If there’s one thing this country excels in during these setups it’s post-rain clag... and there’s plenty of it today. Need that sun to come out - the temperature would skyrocket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, MP-R said:

If there’s one thing this country excels in during these setups it’s post-rain clag... and there’s plenty of it today. Need that sun to come out - the temperature would skyrocket.

Sat in the garden in shorts on the Wirral. Warm breeze and sun, a fantastic sunday afternoon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

Met office issued Yellow Thunderstorm warning for tonight. I was also looking at the UKV run and the ECMWF run which is showing storm activity in central England especially after midnight Also I want update the Massive MCs moving through Eastern England on Wednesday night and into Thursday morning!

FB3D1C0C-8C3D-4AB5-A3B3-D9AFCE1E3E4A.jpeg

BF66BEA2-652B-41E8-876C-BF07783DFBD3.jpeg

D17E2380-7D9F-4602-941B-86E464BF5476.jpeg

B7101AFF-B179-4319-AB06-EC80B33F42E5.jpeg

A8635087-4BDB-4A4C-8D52-E0A585EB3417.jpeg

• Like 1