Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st May 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I hope them clump of cells that's cropped up north of me don't electrify,...that would put the poo cherry on the cake.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting
6 minutes ago, Tikka_69 said:

I am in Doncaster and whats just passing over is dark skies and a bit of rain. 

It looks quite ominous but it’s just a  patch of light/moderate rain passing nearby unfortunately  

DCD5B2B0-6690-4E37-AE72-90DF2AA6FE05.jpeg

DA76DFC7-D676-4F6A-9FE9-5BCD8B496158.jpeg

E00C91C4-508C-4B48-83B7-8FF2CD68BF97.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Well as today seems a bit of a meh. I want to post my bests of MAY 18th, some I've posted but as it was busy some may have missed, so I am going to repost it here. Luckily I was in brighton then actually totally oblivious to the forecast until the same day as I was having so much fun on my bday. But it was amazing And it was meant to be. Some time lapse footage I recorded leading up to the storm. Now the second videos I had been woken up by the rain lashing and a big crash of thunder ( was drunk). This was probably one of my best storms I've ever seen in the UK just all in all. The spectacle in the channel before and the gusty windy rain lighting and thunder to finish. I actually went to sleep as it was weakening as it crossed the channel and I was satisfied with what I had captured and stupidly called it a night.  At 23:35 it arrived on the shores with a bang. Here are my best shots. Ps the longest video has a nice surprise at the end

Excuse one video one of my pals tried putting something out the window like a melt. Anyway hope you enjoys 

• Like 1

Posted

I did manage to catch this though as it went by to my west,i was down at cortonwood,Brampton at the time,it looked thundery but nothing came of it.

IMG_0491.thumb.JPG.221229e3ae0174a008c35130da643834.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, Rufus Butterfield said:

It looks quite ominous but it’s just a  patch of light/moderate rain passing nearby unfortunately  

Yeah, looked worse than it was.   As my dad used to say " its a bit black over bills mothers" 

20 minutes ago, Rufus Butterfield said:

Yeah, looked worse than it was.   As my dad used to say " its a bit black over bills mothers" 

• Like 1

Posted

Them storms over France,Belgium and Holland are veering SE>NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
7 minutes ago, Tikka_69 said:

That exact saying my mum used to use whenever there was a storm approaching apparently its a Midland saying not too sure how true that is, sorry for the thread derail 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Iceman2606 said:

ECM 12z taken some major roids this evening...

image.thumb.png.439f63e27db1aca345889f5bde0a90a7.pngimage.thumb.png.4607b167f831d27562f37bff18975976.pngimage.thumb.png.6e2402893223d52fdb73e03acbad28a3.pngimage.thumb.png.39ceba95d4b4ebd000e62e5239370e78.png

would be perfect for Lincolnshire that lol

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Row w said:

That exact saying my mum used to use whenever there was a storm approaching apparently its a Midland saying not too sure how true that is, sorry for the thread derail 

Yeah, midlands saying. Bill being William Shakespeare so anyone north or northeast of Stratford is looking south, predominantly where their weather would come from and see incoming storms or rain... hence black over Williams Shakespeare@s mums house

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
40 minutes ago, Iceman2606 said:

ECM 12z taken some major roids this evening...

image.thumb.png.439f63e27db1aca345889f5bde0a90a7.pngimage.thumb.png.4607b167f831d27562f37bff18975976.pngimage.thumb.png.6e2402893223d52fdb73e03acbad28a3.pngimage.thumb.png.39ceba95d4b4ebd000e62e5239370e78.png

Now that would help with the dry conditions in these parts....

• Like 3

Posted

what a hell of a bust that was. all that hype, weather warnings on bbc, metoffice and on here.....and absolutely nothing happened 

I honestly dont bother with forecasts anymore, they are so ridiculously wrong up here. 28 times in a row storms forecast and its been a glorious sunny day. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine

I will say that the elongated initially electrified mass that formed near Blackpool has been quite well organised and is still ambling up the country 5 hours later.   A bit more shear and who knows what kind of a day we could have had...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
12 minutes ago, Electricmumma said:

As it’s been a bit of a non event I will share my picture of a non event anvil I spotted in the channel earlier this evening 275A9015-B3C9-4288-9F10-233375DE7642.thumb.jpeg.179f01e8b5200226b050a8e1195fe662.jpeg

Is that not the USS Enterprise! Beam me up scotty!  

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
1 hour ago, Pat Butcher said:

Love it. Still FI but this feature has popped up in quite a few runs now...

All kinds of plumey fun on the GEM at the end of next week, and that model doesn't usually show plumes in FI in my experience. GFS a little plumey too. You never know, let's see if it's all still there tomorrow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
5 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

All kinds of plumey fun on the GEM at the end of next week, and that model doesn't usually show plumes in FI in my experience. GFS a little plumey too. You never know, let's see if it's all still there tomorrow 

I'm not getting my hopes up anymore as this has happened twice already this year with good widespread thundery charts showing for a week or few day's in the future only for the actual event when it comes to end up being a total bust.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
On 23/06/2022 at 21:27, Row w said:

I'm from the Midlands and my mate and I always used to say it's a bit black over bills mother's.dont seem to hear it so much now adays so think it's an old school saying aswel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Unlikley to be anything here further north and north east and even there only a small chance and even less elsewhere.

Interestingly the local forecast has gone from storms yesterday morning to rain by the evening and now to dry.

Lets see what happens. The garden needs rainfall so a storm would be welcome for that as well.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

The SB cape on the latest runs is showing significantly more than all the Convective forecasts. Pushing 1400 ! In a few spots !

4D318BDA-EF13-4EB1-B1E7-9676C1AE4885.jpeg

996912E9-5098-4930-9B69-CD374ADA04CC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
53 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Lets see what happens. The garden needs rainfall so a storm would be welcome for that as well.

I usually have a little grumble when the potential for storms fails to deliver, but I would snap someone's hand off for a good downpour, even without the sparks.

Sowed a few new lawns from seed in spring, but the lack of rainfall has made it quite the struggle to get them established. The gardens could really do with a thorough soaking.

• Like 2