Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
35 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Yeah that's not happened has it. That would give a dewpoint of 37c! Even somewhere like Doha (surrounded by the Persian Gulf at 28-30c) 'only' sees humidity around 50-60% during the height of summer. Northern Spain would probably be fairly low humidity in hot weather due to the landmass. Probably just felt humid with that level of heat.

I was in Mundaka and that was what the barometers were saying.

I couldn’t give a toss if you or anyone believe it or not - not my problem 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good for you 

I'm just saying that would give a feels like temp of +60c, pretty much unliveable. However, I don't doubt that it hit 40+c. Still,much fresher and comfortable here compared.

Posted

Well today not following the script was meant to be mostly sunny with the odd isolated shower but it's relentless showers at the moment. Tbh it's needed, only just noticed how brown the grass is getting.

• Like 1

Posted

With July approaching, and the outlook looking rather unsettled and cool here at least, overall I'd say a very average start to summer here, one or two shots at notable heat, but reserved for SE parts really, perhaps drier than expected.

I've better hopes for July in terms of very warm dry weather at least middle of month, but not August..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

I’m quite enjoying this summer so far. Mostly dry, not too hot (only one 26!) and some sunny days.

Next week looks cool and unsettled but will bring some much needed rain to many areas.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

RE dewpoints the highest ever was in Saudi Arabia on the coast in 2003 around 35c, I can't imagine what that would've felt like! Like temperature records though these are only at official stations where other locales especially next to water for example could easily knock on the door of said record if not exceed. 

I was in Cordoba, Spain in July 2017 where the air temp was 47c with DPs around 5c. We then walked past a shallow pond and suddenly you could feel the vapour in the air before walking away again back to dry air. Obviously it won't be recorded but I reckon it would've been high 20s maybe even low 30s.

The highest DP for the UK I believe is 23c (for reference tropical rainforests hover between 24c and 28c). 

I'd say 10c to 14c range is most comfortable, not sweating but not dried out either. Today for example (DP 7c) coupled with this poxy wind and strong sun just drys the skin and the garden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Near enough perfect Summers day, broken cloud, temps bang on a good breeze, lovely! Nobody can moan at this surly?!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, markyo said:

Near enough perfect Summers day, broken cloud, temps bang on a good breeze, lovely! Nobody can moan at this surly?!

Get rid of the cloud and I’d be inclined to agree with you, for once  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The parks are starting to look noticeable scorched in London now. 2018 summer vibes starting to appear except we haven't had the heat to match! And the outlook is for 1-5 mM between now and 6th July. ☀️

dry1.thumb.jpg.7bf0354320fe441ac447b4c06ba67403.jpgdry2.thumb.jpg.01bd7469e7c666b33d4fa1e4104b7d68.jpg

dryoutlook.thumb.png.e4277065f46f11ff9b731ca148a0e19e.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
21 minutes ago, markyo said:

Always someone, so might as well be me.. The stiff breeze is exasperating my hayfever symptoms, so the wind can't die down soon enough. I'm gonna suffer regardless, so might as well have blazing sunshine for the duration of the grass pollen season!

Posted
9 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

The parks are starting to look noticeable scorched in London now. 2018 summer vibes starting to appear except we haven't had the heat to match! And the outlook is for 1-5 mM between now and 6th July. ☀️

dry1.thumb.jpg.7bf0354320fe441ac447b4c06ba67403.jpgdry2.thumb.jpg.01bd7469e7c666b33d4fa1e4104b7d68.jpg

Here's some rain and wet grass to look at, just so you know it exists. 

20220626_151720.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, markyo said:

Come to the Lake District today and I moan would be justified, dull grey low cloud skies, rain has been constant since lunchtime and temps haven't breached 15 degrees! Very poor!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Get rid of the cloud and I’d be inclined to agree with you, for once  

.....i need to sit down

49 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Come to the Lake District today and I moan would be justified, dull grey low cloud skies, rain has been constant since lunchtime and temps haven't breached 15 degrees! Very poor!

For me that would be even better! But i am weird, your not so not a great day in your area

Posted
1 hour ago, northriding said:

Always someone, so might as well be me.. The stiff breeze is exasperating my hayfever symptoms, so the wind can't die down soon enough. I'm gonna suffer regardless, so might as well have blazing sunshine for the duration of the grass pollen season!

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed the breeze drops in your location, hayfever is awful this year.

Posted

Anyone looked further into future and have thoughts about August . Particularly Poland region as maybe off on holiday there 

Posted

Just passed 200 hours of sunshine for this month, which is my benchmark for a decent summer month.

In all honesty this June has been very good here, sunshine is already above 200 hours with 4 days to go (91-20 mean is 187hrs), the mean max is above 20C and over 1C above average and rainfall is just 25.4mm, which is 40% of normal and it only fell over 6 days too.

Take out the first 7 days and we'd have a mean of 16.4C and only 6.8mm of rain which is up there with June 2018.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed the breeze drops in your location, hayfever is awful this year.

The blustery winds and parched soils are certainly stirring up the pollen count. A calm rainy day  would bring some welcome relief, but the mere fragrance of petrichor would be enough to incite some people to chase me out of town.

• Like 1

Posted

I was expecting a washout weekend but apart from a very brief thunderstorm it has been mostly sunny and warm.  Not a bad month so far for us in the North Midlands.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Yesterday was decent, today has been pretty wet. Largely the story of June here. Doesn’t appear to be any sign of this pattern changing, indeed these tend to be pretty difficult to shake off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

I find it bizarre that we can still get decently sunny days even when stuck in a big green trough! 2 days in a row here with good sunny spells despite the horrible looking charts.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

Didn't it chuck it down on Friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Soil moisture is getting low! The process has been speeding up over the last few days as well. Still, I'm quite happy for the dry theme to continue.

1689190905_temp(2).thumb.png.9799b5411031bb0c752670fed99b5a6d.png

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

I find it bizarre that we can still get decently sunny days even when stuck in a big green trough! 2 days in a row here with good sunny spells despite the horrible looking charts.

Its a rather weak shallow trough feature, at this time of year, such circumstances tend to give sporadic outbreaks of rain, typically such a feature would be deeper as we move further through the summer, but it is still early summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
23 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Didn't it chuck it down on Friday?

Rainfall has been below average here since February. London has managed to avoid most of the soaking thunderstorms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
12 hours ago, SunSean said:

You (as well as me) have benefitted from being on the eastern flank of the low pressure over the weekend. No real vorticity over our patch to force the air up into shower clouds - this happened over the western half of the UK. The gusty winds blow them from a W-E or SW-NE trajectory, but they lose their strength and fizzle out before they make it to the eastern half of the UK, hence the patches of Cumulus floating around and no rain.

Weather is so interesting - it's never as simple as low pressure equals rain and high pressure equals sunshine. If the low has been 200 miles further east over the country then pretty much everywhere would have seen showers.

• Like 3