Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Some sunshine breaking through here. Currently 21.2°C. The radar showed a heavy shower passing over, but every last drop is evaporating before it reaches the ground.

1896112743_Screenshot_20220618-100049_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.f8914e1c5f059f47e3833017a0213c6e.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Got to say we have done very well lately with weather. With the exception of February (although I wasn't in the country that month) we've been managing plenty of warm and dry days. January was sunny and frosty, March and April had some prolonged sunny spells with the odd blip in between, May was pleasant with some good thunderstorms and June has been mostly running above average. This week has been nice and warm where next week is now looking better than thought. 

Put this way, we've washed the outdoor table cloth a couple of times now as we've eaten outside many times already. 

A happy customer here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Blue skies and bright sunshine on the Yorkshire Wolds this morning, far better start to the day than yesterday, the horrible strong breeze has buggered off, breakfast and a brew on the patio, perfect!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I can also confirm that the radar is not accurate. We currently have a shower over us on the radar but we actually have sunshine mixed with some cloud. Temperatures currently about 24/25c. 

Edit: shower now arrived. 

Edited by danm

Posted

Reasons why I think yesterdays heat was covered in the media the way it was despite it being nothing exceptional...

1. First hot day of the summer, by hot I would say over 30 degrees.

2. Fell on a Friday, more people enjoying it than had it happened say Mon to Thursday. Friday increasingly it seems is becoming a leisurely work or non work day..

3. Part of a bigger story linked to the rather exceptional heat in France for this stage in the season - this is the weather story really

4. Feeds into climate crisis narratives and speculation  what the rest of summer has in store.

I'm sure we will see more similiar coverage should we see further plumes giving say 34- 35 degrees. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well we reached 30c/86f this time yesterday, and now it's 17c lower at about 13c/55f . It was the hottest day of the year so far yesterday,  and today is the coolest day of the Summer so far, you couldn't make it up. ,! Its raining in bit and drabs but no storms and wasn't expecting any. My car is covered in sand although we're miles from a beach looks like there's been a lot of sandstorms across the hot countries recently. I don't think I've ever seen my car with so much dust/sand on it.........

20220618_165128.jpg

20220618_165152.jpg

20220618_165223.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Amazing what such a huge difference in such a short space of time. This time just 24 hours ago it was sunny with little to no clouds in the sky and 30 Celsius. Right now it is overcast, wet and only 12 Celsius. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted

Blinking freezing outside! Just been out up to the shed. It's blowing a gale! 15c ... At this rate it'll be snowing soon ...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Travelling home this afternoon and passing Birmingham on the M6, the car thermometer was showing 12C, it was pouring with rain, and most drivers had their lights on. Another summer period pretending to be November. I guess I missed the heatwave being in the frozen north this last week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well we’ve had about one shower all weekend in London. The temperature has dropped markedly since Saturday midday, but despite it only being about 19c/20c today it feels muggy. 

The week ahead looks absolutely glorious:

A5E3D0D0-D51F-4A1D-BC69-879D108EBC01.thumb.jpeg.1e093fe2008970f8421f8f42b09b7e74.jpeg

Edited by danm
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

This upcoming week is looking very nice. 22 - 26 Celsius for my neck of the woods; so not hot, just nice and warm. It's looking like the sun will be making an apeparance too, but I am taking that with a pinch of salt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Well what can I say glorious morning, sun shining and its feeling warm out there hoping for another mini heatwave type feel this week obvious its not going to get to last Fridays heights but one can hope, good morning fellow weather enthusiasts and hope you have a good one this week ☀️

• Like 2

Posted

Finally, a beautiful Summer's day ahead, although not going to last with a July monsoon looking on the cards given the model output.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Nice week ahead, but I saw the subarctic weekend washout in the forecast and vommed a bit into my keyboard. That had better change and quick.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Row w said:

Well what can I say glorious morning, sun shining and its feeling warm out there hoping for another mini heatwave type feel this week obvious its not going to get to last Fridays heights but one can hope, good morning fellow weather enthusiasts and hope you have a good one this week ☀️

Hope not you mean!   However, that said it didn't turn out to be as hot as it could have been in the south east and Saturday afternoon was decidedly chilly, even in the south!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 18/06/2022 at 18:02, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Blinking freezing outside! Just been out up to the shed. It's blowing a gale! 15c ... At this rate it'll be snowing soon ...

Yes, after a hot morning Saturday, it was blooming cold come mid afternoon in Wiltshire and then the rain arrived!  Never did I think last week that I would be complaining about cold on Saturday!  Very strange weather indeed Friday to Saturday!

• Like 4

Posted

Today is one of those days which should be pleasant for everybody.

Low 20s, mostly sunny, a gentle breeze here and there and comfortable humidity. 

What's not to like? I'd happily take days like today all summer, with the odd rainy one here and there.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 8

Posted
5 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Today is one of those days which should be pleasant for everybody.

Low 20s, mostly sunny, a gentle breeze here and there and comfortable humidity. 

What's not to like? I'd happily take days like today all summer, with the odd rainy one here and there.

Me too! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 19/06/2022 at 16:58, danm said:

Well we’ve had about one shower all weekend in London. The temperature has dropped markedly since Saturday midday, but despite it only being about 19c/20c today it feels muggy. 

The week ahead looks absolutely glorious:

A5E3D0D0-D51F-4A1D-BC69-879D108EBC01.thumb.jpeg.1e093fe2008970f8421f8f42b09b7e74.jpeg

Too hot for me!

Thankfully less hot here.

EDD3BF90-8BB1-47AC-AB0B-93C8134E9BEE.png

Posted

Happy Solstice everyone. I love the turn of the year: solstice, harvest, autumn........I'll be up in the attic for the Christmas decos before you know it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Nearing 22*C here now. Really feels quite hot at the moment, despite the temperature.

Maybe a touch too warm for some, but easily much more preferable than damp, cloudy, chilly conditions (personally). However, while I do enjoy the variety all seasons have to offer, this current Summery weather is making me wish Autumn and Winter would come back next year

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Lovely temperature this afternoon I couldn't tell you what it is as I don't have access to a thermometer but blue skies a bit of cirrus and a cold glass of cola enjoying the garden, what more could you ask for apart from it staying like this for the weekend one can only wish ☀️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
22 hours ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Happy Solstice everyone. I love the turn of the year: solstice, harvest, autumn........I'll be up in the attic for the Christmas decos before you know it. 

Careful, the light, it burns  

A253BDD6-58D4-41E3-88FD-68A647D80D17.jpeg

• Like 1