Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

love seeing the blue skies and sun again, but I hope this dry weather if it continues for weeks on end isn't a sign of a wet summer *cough* 2012 *cough*

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

T96 and at a push I'll go to 120 but that's my limit.

Beyond that there be madness.

Posted

One or two still standing by the beast coming on the mad thread. Been wrong all winter........ Will they ever learn?.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
19 hours ago, Metwatch said:

Not sure if it's just me but I am really enjoying the lack of rain for the last 2 weeks.

Not only is it helping to reduce flooding issues from earlier last month, but I'm not getting soaked cycling to the gym each day. 

Next 7-10 days remains very dry as well. 

A somewhat rarity in the middle of winter. 

Yes! That’s why I look forward to mid January as it normally dries out a lot more. This year it was right on cue but after such a wet period then cold all the water turned to ice 😅

Could just do without days like today with pointless drizzle that just dampens things enough to generate flickup on the bike tyres.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
37 minutes ago, joggs said:

One or two still standing by the beast coming on the mad thread. Been wrong all winter........ Will they ever learn?.

Trigger low as some call it weakening on cue, at the normal time frame for this GFS version, was looking for it  if you see a low stronger on the GFS, weaker everywhere else, it will weaken around day three to four. Been happening all winter. In output I allow for this. Sadly this morning it's happened. Now just crossing fingers this time it restrengthens. Middle ground was always where we were going.

Posted

Just read the last 2 pages of MAD thread. No idea what's going on and I cba to read back further. GFS dropped the blue ball yet? Or have the others come on board?

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Just read the last 2 pages of MAD thread. No idea what's going on and I cba to read back further. GFS dropped the blue ball yet? Or have the others come on board?

Half way house most likely with a cold feed off the continent but mostly via a benign anticyclonic setup. Although, a mysterious mythical being on Twitter who must not be mentioned has been confident of snowmageddon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

It's like BFTE X Files for some in the MAD thread...they want to believe - that the GFS is on the money no matter what! and looking under a microscope for changes that the euros are heading in that direction.

• Like 4

Posted
41 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Half way house most likely with a cold feed off the continent but mostly via a benign anticyclonic setup. Although, a mysterious mythical being on Twitter who must not be mentioned has been confident of snowmageddon. 

Dont some mysterious mythical beings have wings in which case I hope he gets bird flu.

Posted
54 minutes ago, moorlander said:

Dont some mysterious mythical beings have wings in which case I hope he gets bird flu.

Who knows... I thought they were on about Voldemort for a minute (ah... I said it!) which literally means 'flight of death'... 

Anyway, just about anything is an improvement on today's conditions. Just grey, breezy and the lightest of drizzle in the air. Pretty grim.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Crap here , drizzly and 10C , winter dissappearing without a fight I am afraid .At least you guys down south get a summer , ours us usually drizzly 16C 

Edited by Blessed Weather
Long space at end of post removed.
  • Like 1

Posted

I just need it to stay dry until at least Saturday planning on going upto the allotment to do three or four hours work. 

Ideally would love a ground frost or two once I've done that.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Hard to believe that 2 months ago we were at the beginning of that cold and crisp sunny December spell and that we are in the final winter month already. 2023 is going to be another year that will fly by and it will be Christmas again before we know it... sorry. 😆

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Yet another day that started sunny but clouded over quickly 😴

Posted

Interesting....this evening the gfs slips a trough running down the eastern flank of the amplifying ridge and phases it with the one to the SSW of the UK. This effectively splits the ridge and cuts off CAA at the pass

Back to

Could contain: Finger, Hand, Person, Body Part, Straw, Outdoors, Nature, Countryside, Insect, Invertebrate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

It's like BFTE X Files for some in the MAD thread...they want to believe - that the GFS is on the money no matter what! and looking under a microscope for changes that the euros are heading in that direction.

Aidan gave that outcome a 15% chance in yesterday's 10-day trend. Almost an apologetic 'we have to acknowledge the GFS despite our favoured and more reliable models not going for it', I guess =D 

• Like 2

Posted

Has someone changed thread names or something, nothing but moan moan moan in the model thread at the moment, I get it, GFS has changed, much more than I thought it would. It probably won't look the same at 18z. It's finding its feet again.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Has someone changed thread names or something, nothing but moan moan moan in the model thread at the moment, I get it, GFS has changed, much more than I thought it would. It probably won't look the same at 18z. It's finding its feet again.

Finding its feet?

Posted
Just now, RhHh said:

Finding its feet?

It'll swing about a bit in the five to ten day range 

Posted

Some really odd, even worrying posts on the moaning thread this evening...'gfs must be embarrassed' 'never to be foregiven' jeez... im sure think some think GFS is a guys initials who draws up the output! 

Edited by KTtom
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Gfs is great. GFS has it nailed. The Beast is coming... Oh dear, GFS is sheet, and ought to be ashamed of itself, and its face must be on fire with embarrassment!😁

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Gfs is great. GFS has it nailed. The Beast is coming... Oh dear, GFS is sheet, and ought to be ashamed of itself, and its face must be on fire with embarrassment!😁

Yeah didn't take mystic meg to work that one out...you won't be hearing much on twitter from SM and the 'Metronomic consistent GFS' for the next week or so 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Thought this may interest a few... bizarre though 8c! But the white stuff...

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Text

• Like 4