Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

Thought this may interest a few... bizarre though 8c! But the white stuff...

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Text

That is ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
1 minute ago, blizzard81 said:

That is ridiculous!

I've seen it snow whilst it's 6c before! but 8c might be pushing it lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Turning into a remarkably quiet winter on the storm front, after a very quiet Autumn. Indeed have we ever reached this stage in the season without a named storm / deep low pressure system. 

Its akin to winter 16-17 which was equally devoid of stormy weather.

When the pressure pattern anomalies are out for winter 22-23 I suspect we will see a mean very high pressure mb over the UK.

Next winter could be very different when we lose the La Nina, last three very quiet by and large, last stormy one was 19-20 that was El Nino, only time before we see a very wet and windy one I think!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

That is ridiculous!

1 minute ago, LightningLover said:

Remember those are Max temps, it cannot possibly be 8c while snowing, unless lapse rates are cliff fallers.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

It doesn’t mean 8c and snow, it means a max of 8c on the day and snow at some point - generally early or late when temps are nearer 0c 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think I detect a burgeoning SSW replete with wind-reversal... Snow Wars: A New Hope😊

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
9 hours ago, knocker said:

It is quite noticeable that since the arrival of much more open access info on the web the number of self-appointed experts has risen exponentually 😉

Last time I looked at the web, a few threads missing and a few bodies stored in the larder section, but garden spider still busy.  The Sidney’s have been super busy digging up nuts, the more lazy ones plundering the bird feeders for peanuts in next door neighbour’s new rat holiday camp….

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I think I detect a burgeoning SSW replete with wind-reversal... Snow Wars: A New Hope😊

More like Snow Wars return of westerli 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
27 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Cross referencing with the Beeb's website . I often find the weather symbol  displayed is tied in to the actual time it is now .. but in this instance it isn't ... in your case 6am / 7am light snow falling 

Could contain: Text, Symbol, Number

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine

A small crumb of hope for next week forthoseofusof a coldpersuasion.....just watched the weather forecast for next week on BBC news channel and he said there was still some uncertainty as to how far north the high would position itself next week and suggested it my push towards Scandinavia opening the door to some "very cold air from Eastern Europe".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Turning into a remarkably quiet winter on the storm front, after a very quiet Autumn. Indeed have we ever reached this stage in the season without a named storm / deep low pressure system. 

Its akin to winter 16-17 which was equally devoid of stormy weather.

When the pressure pattern anomalies are out for winter 22-23 I suspect we will see a mean very high pressure mb over the UK.

Next winter could be very different when we lose the La Nina, last three very quiet by and large, last stormy one was 19-20 that was El Nino, only time before we see a very wet and windy one I think!

We tend to get more named storms when the ENSO favours front end Atlantic weather in winter… and that’s characteristic of El Niño. Whenever the second half of winter is favoured for Atlantic conditions, it has much less oomph it seems. 

Then again if we have a weak El Niño, we might be more favoured for a calmer colder winter…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Kentspur said:

Does happen, normally later in the year though, like April snowy showers, but it doesn't stick, and temp goes straight back up again. Evaporative cooling and heavy ppn, with a negative dp is all that's needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

I am liking the calm anticyclonic weather. Sure it isn't the most exciting weather but its better than endless zonallty and rain riddled Atlantic cyclonic westerlies (Like the weather from mid Dec to the New Year). Even in the cloudier spells of winter anticyclones I can still get out and do outdoor activity without being wet and covered in mud. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Kentspur said:

8 and 1 are the highs/lows for the day. If you actually clicked the breakdown of the day, you would have seen that it would have been 2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Very mild in Bedfordshire today. It's like mid-March out there. Wore 3 layers walking the dog and I was far too warm. February's increasingly spring-like character rears its head again this year. Very early in the month of course so it could change

Although we might see a frost or 2 next week

Looking forward to the end of this winter and hope we don't get a cold spring although not fussed about March either way. I have a gut feeling a cool/cold spring is on the way, though.  Joy

Could contain: Portrait, Photography, Head, Face, Person, Sweater, Knitwear, Clothing, Sad

Edited by LRD
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Went out to do a bit of general shopping, I was dressed for winter and I came home very warm and sweating like a pig. I am no fan of spring-like Februaries much in the same way I am no fan of autumnal Augusts. Thankfully, it does look as if temps will return back to normal from Sunday onwards.

I too am looking forward to spring and hoping it won't be a cold one, but until then I am hoping Feb will provide us with a wintery spell or two as it supposed to be a winter month despite some recent Februaries suggesting otherwise.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

If we don’t get any accumulating snow this month then this winter will be the most snowless winter I have ever experienced here, alongside 2013/14. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

For some reason I feel people might be happier with the twelve z output. Just a hunch. It's very warm today, should be similar tomorrow, might put more omph into the low that comes down. We'll see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Certainly does feel mild today. Do I like how it feels? Yes. Do I like the fact it's like it in February? No  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Latest Met update has us up here mild the whole month , cloudy and damp , bloody awful if it's right 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

12c to me is cool?  We get these temperatures often in winter down here in the south and it's only slightly above average

• Like 2

Nudged up to almost 13C today, more than acceptable for early Feb and allowed for decent early season golfing weather. Thankfully any silly talk of the BTFE returning seems to have been people just getting over excited by several optimistic GFS Det runs. Nice and quite for the rest of February hopefully before we start warming up in March and so into a warm season hopefully right through into late October.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very lively weather here in the Czech Republic today and yesterday, very strong winds, loads of rain and squally showers with hail. Some mainly minor damage to trees and homes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
24 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

12c to me is cool?  We get these temperatures often in winter down here in the south and it's only slightly above average

12C is about 3 degrees above average for Exeter in early February. Probably similar for all of Devon except Dartmoor.