Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I have what I suspect is a fake fireplace where our gas fire used to be. But I dont think it goes out to the roof. Would need a builder to look at it.

Yes, it would depend on the individual circumstance.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Dan B said:

Our kiln dried logs get delivered next week; new wood burner being fitted next week too 🙂

Had 6 huge sycamore's felled a few weeks back; they're laying in the woods behind us ready for me to chop smaller and split ready to season for next year

treesfelled.jpg

Going to build a wood storage down there for them to all be covered etc

I'm soooo jelous of you lot!! lol. I might even have to get some fake fire! I'm getting desperate ...

1 hour ago, WeatherEnthusiast said:

Lovely clear blue skies here in Wrexham this morning just a bit of cumulus cloud forming now. 

Alright for some! Thick cloud as usual in the South - new north - here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm soooo jelous of you lot!! lol. I might even have to get some fake fire! I'm getting desperate ...

Hopefully the sun and warmth will be with you soon Beka

• Thanks 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Looks like we're getting a heat blast to rub in the face of kids as they go back to school and people head back to work after summer hols. 

It's the worst kind of weather for me due to the humidity factor. I'd have enjoyed some sun and a cool breeze, but hot southern air is the killer for me.

Hopefully it doesnt exacerbate my current health state too much pr last too long. At least I should have had my op and be back to normal before Summer rolls back round next year! 

What op you waiting for? I'm waiting for my op too!

28 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Painfully slow this cloud clearing! 

Same

Posted
5 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

The sun is warming up now ! The sky is becoming a much deeper blue and the cumulus clouds are disappearing .  Clear blue skies coming this afternoon and early evening. Just a shame that we are losing so much daylight now. 

Edited by WeatherEnthusiast
  • Like 1

Posted

i have reserved a spot in my garden with a towel lol! so no one else takes it!  I will send some sunshine down to Winchester for you Beka x Dont worry it will be 27-34 degrees in Winchester all next week. 

Edited by WeatherEnthusiast
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
9 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Our new wood burner is replacing our open fire; 10 years of that is enough now. Time for a proper wood burning/multifuel stove

Even bought a proper old fashioned coffee pot for it to sit on top haha 😂

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, WeatherEnthusiast said:

i have reserved a spot in my garden with a towel lol! so no one else takes it!  I will send some sunshine down to Winchester for you Beka x Dont worry it will be 27-34 degrees in Winchester all next week. 

Yay. I better shave my legs then LOL.

6 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Our new wood burner is replacing our open fire; 10 years of that is enough now. Time for a proper wood burning/multifuel stove

Even bought a proper old fashioned coffee pot for it to sit on top haha 😂

What made you change? Oooh show me your coffee pot!

Posted
23 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What op you waiting for? I'm waiting for my op too!

Stomach surgery, I had a near death experience back in May, totally out of the blue. Bit scary, but all fine in the end - well, hopefullly will be once I have the second part of the procedure done! 

Let's hope we both get done soon! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yay. I better shave my legs then LOL.

What made you change? Oooh show me your coffee pot!

Fuel economy and cleanliness really... A multifuel / wood burner is a lot more economical etc (we'll use predominantly wood and smokeless coal) as the coal burns hotter and longer etc... 

The open fire is lovely; but you do lose a lot of heat up the chimney etc and they're dirtier too; I clean the windows a LOT! 😂

Coffee pot is spugged away in the garage along with most of the living room furniture/TV & stand etc. We're away this weekend, so taken the living room apart this morning and peeled the carpet back as the whole chimney breast has to be stripped, knocked back, a new stone lintel fitted and then rebuilt/re-plastered etc. It's a big job, bigger than we realised!

Will get plenty of pics up next week when they start the work 👌🏼

This is how it looks now (this was last night; drying clothes and weather hasn't been good enough to get them pegged up outside)

fireplace.jpg

We're keeping the oak mantlepiece; but having a new slate hearth fitted

The living room will be getting fully redecorated early next year

Edited by Dan B
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Stomach surgery, I had a near death experience back in May, totally out of the blue. Bit scary, but all fine in the end - well, hopefullly will be once I have the second part of the procedure done! 

Let's hope we both get done soon! 

Yowcha that sounds bad! I'm due a polyp removal surgery from my nose. Got them on both sides. Can't wait so I can breath again! Have been waiting since March 2022.

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yowcha that sounds bad! I'm due a polyp removal surgery from my nose. Got them on both sides. Can't wait so I can breath again! Have been waiting since March 2022.

Wait lists are the thing. So annoying, but I just plain refuse to pay for the same surgeon to do the job privately. I'll just wait and grumble! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Fuel economy and cleanliness really... A multifuel / wood burner is a lot more economical etc (we'll use predominantly wood and smokeless coal) as the coal burns hotter and longer etc... 

The open fire is lovely; but you do lose a lot of heat up the chimney etc and they're dirtier too; I clean the windows a LOT! 😂

Coffee pot is spugged away in the garage along with most of the living room furniture/TV & stand etc. We're away this weekend, so taken the living room apart this morning and peeled the carpet back as the whole chimney breast has to be stripped, knocked back, a new stone lintel fitted and then rebuilt/re-plastered etc. It's a big job, bigger than we realised!

Will get plenty of pics up next week when they start the work 👌🏼

This is how it looks now (this was last night; drying clothes and weather hasn't been good enough to get them pegged up outside)

fireplace.jpg

We're keeping the oak mantlepiece; but having a new slate hearth fitted

The living room will be getting fully redecorated early next year

Exciting times!! I look forward to seeing the piccies!

1 minute ago, legion_quest said:

Wait lists are the thing. So annoying, but I just plain refuse to pay for the same surgeon to do the job privately. I'll just wait and grumble! 

We grumble together lol. How much longer you got to wait?

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

We grumble together lol. How much longer you got to wait?

Looking like Jan/Feb next year. Might be longer, or could be shorter if someone above me dies and I get a cancellation spot...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
On 31/08/2023 at 07:55, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Last day of Summer - GET IN !!!!

And a lovely heatwave has been ordered for the start of autumn with temperatures into the low 30s. Enjoy! 🥰

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully not looking to bad for this "heatwave", max 25c in my area so just about bearable, plus shorter days so not to much to worry about.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Thankfully not looking to bad for this "heatwave", max 25c in my area so just about bearable, plus shorter days so not to much to worry about.

Forecasts frequently underestimate temperatures so I wouldn't be surprised if it was hotter than that. Better get your A/C ready. 😉

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, legion_quest said:

Hopefully it doesnt exacerbate my current health state too much pr last too long. At least I should have had my op and be back to normal before Summer rolls back round next year! 

I am sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well with the op. 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal.
14 minutes ago, markyo said:

I think it could very well reach at least the high 20s in these parts. I find temperature forecasts at this timeframe to be quite conservative.

Posted
22 minutes ago, cheese said:

Forecasts frequently underestimate temperatures so I wouldn't be surprised if it was hotter than that. Better get your A/C ready. 😉

I'm quite high up at Grenoside so the temps are always lower that Sheffield is shown at....hopefully!

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

I'm quite high up at Grenoside so the temps are always lower that Sheffield is shown at....hopefully!

It's kind of similar here, Leeds Bradford Airport is always noticeably colder than the rest of the city (the airport is at 208m asl, I'm at 80m asl).

Posted
5 minutes ago, cheese said:

It's kind of similar here, Leeds Bradford Airport is always noticeably colder than the rest of the city (the airport is at 208m asl, I'm at 80m asl).

Think i'm about par with you then, may be slightly higher but not by anything noticeable. Normally its about 3c colder where i am at least than city centre.

Posted
1 hour ago, legion_quest said:

I've had 2 ops this year (one needed and the other (gallbladder removal) that came about due to a reaction to the general on the first op...

I paid and all I can say is, I'd do it again & again... Lifes worth living, you can't take £££ with you and if you have it, use it!

1st op the NHS wren't interested; I needed to get it sorted as I'd suffered 2 years of horrible nerve issues in left leg & back because of it and it got to as point where I couldn't train, couldn't walk to the bottom the garden without being in agony. Blacked out a few times in March and April too due to it; so had enough and went private. In within 10 days & sorted, in/out in a morning!

Gallbladder op was sods law; but again even though I'd spent a week in hospital via A&E because of how bad it got, the NHS (through no fault of their own) couldn't say whether I'd get in ASAP to have it removed or if I'd simply have to wait & wait...

Went private again; was seen within 2 weeks; in and out in the day!

• Like 1