Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Why is it that is starts off nice and sunny, for it then cloud over and go completely overcast by midday? It then goes sunny again in the evening, just as the sun starts to set. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

12°C and drizzling in west London. The foulness continues 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Alderc 2.0 I give up at this point. Hopefully 2025 will be better. It can't be any worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

raz.org.rain warm, wet and thundery according to those charts. 

Posted

The fact that some of the charts are showing a full on northerly in May is hilarious to me, I want to see how bad nature can make it just to wind everyone up 🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, richie3846 said:

I've saved a screenshot shot of B87's calculation table for future reference. Very useful. I'm thinking a lot of the ongoing discussions about sunshine over the years, may have been unintentionally misleading and pessimistic because of this discrepancy. I'd say this topic needs bringing to the forefront from time to time, to remind people of the adjustments, and to check their sources of information for raw or adjusted data, where that is possible. 

It might not be relevant or applicable to other stations the Heathrow sun recorder was changed in late 2005. From Campbell Stokes recorder to automatic Kipp & Zonen sensor, it’s believed to marginally record less sun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Wade Hopefully we will get an August where the coldest day is 25c to make up for it.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Wade it's funny how the charts are only reliable if they're showing crap. Any hints of warmer weather and suddenly "it's ten days away", it's the CFS" etc.

• Like 1

Posted

raz.org.rain Any change to something more typical for the time of year always gets pushed back, and has done since mid March.

Now 8c and raining at the end of April, when it would usually be 16-17c, dry with partly cloudy skies.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

In Absence of True Seasons Eh, climate deniers pull the 1976 card all the time whenever a recent heatwave is brought up, so it's just the same as that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
5 minutes ago, B87 said:

Any change to something more typical for the time of year always gets pushed back, and has done since mid March

Aside from the two warm weekends and the warmish week we had?

6 minutes ago, B87 said:

Now 8c and raining at the end of April, when it would usually be 16-17c, dry with partly cloudy skies.

There is no "usually" about it, there have been plenty of times when we've had these conditions in late April and colder. April is a chaotic month with no "should be", it can be below freezing overnight and snowing or 29°C at this time of year, and anything inbetween.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Azazel yep. I mean what can they do. It sucks for them also. I bet they'd love to be able to tell everyone a week of sunny, warm and dry is coming...but we live in the Faroe Islands 2.0, so no dice.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Alderc 2.0 the ground had just started to become a bit less spongelike so we need the rain to return it to it's natural new-normal state of swampland.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

raz.org.rain Same in winter. What a miserable climate, no one is happy, be they coldies or warmies

• Thanks 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 The average conditions for late April are however 16-17c with partly cloudy skies.

We had 3 warmish days that had some sun, but plenty of cloud as well. We haven't had a day with 10+ hours of sun since 14th September 2023.

A 120 hour April is not normal at all.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* I think many of us true weather enthusiasts are screwed, sadly 😆 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, B87 said:

The average conditions for late April are however 16-17c with partly cloudy skies.

They are, but average conditions don't mean much in a month as chaotic as April. There is huge room for what can be considered normal at this time of the year.

We have simply had a large number of warm and/or sunny Aprils this century that have distorted expectations for the month. It's unprecedented really. We are well overdue some poor Aprils and sunny, dry autumn months.

• Insightful 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 The long term sunshine average for April is 177 hours. The last 10 years average 191 hours. I'd be happy with anything above 160 at this point (which is now impossible).

Edited by B87
  • Like 2

Posted

stainesbloke As someone who usually doesn't mind dull and wet, even I'm starting to get bored of it. Sunny days in spring are perfect, shame the majority of it has been so cloudy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Frigid Yes, it’s been a long, dreary slog. I’m not after April heatwaves either, a pleasant 16°C with predominantly sunny conditions and some traditional showers would suit me fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In my area there's rain and 3 degrees. It's not as bad where you have around 15 degrees. That's actually pretty good. Not hot but not cold either.

Edited by Markus03