Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some good sunny spells here today allowed temperatures to reach a respectable 16°C. Unfortunately, due to a howling SE’ly near-gale with 40mph gusts, it didn’t feel that warm. Would be nice to get a sunny day with light winds, I’ve really had my fill of windy weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

In Absence of True Seasons Thinking about when I went swimming at the beach, with my friends, and had a beach barbecue on March 27th 2022. That's what can be possible at this time of year! But not in 2024

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I honestly didn’t think last spring could be beat in turns of how bad the weather was, we can only hope that the second half of april warms and dries up and that we don’t have to wait until mid May to see temps above 70f, surely not again?

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Mapantz mr pantz SHARE!!

Posted

Well, looks like my theory of a sudden flip to warm and dry at some point in April will be tested soon. I said around mid-month, which gives me a bit of leeway, but we need to start seeing some signs in the next few days, or it's yet another bust. Still think April will be wetter than average though, because the first 10 days or so look pretty vile at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Somehow managed to get 8 hours of sun today when the forecast called for cloud and rain.

Unfortunately 100% sunshine for the rest of the month will not be anywhere near enough.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

got to 28c here today with clear blue lies..... i mean skies🤥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Cor blimey, one area doing fantastic this month is Stornoway in the far North West of scotland- 130 hours of sunshine already!!! Absolutely eclipsing anywhere in England. Manston in Kent is on 85 hours, so a full 45 hours of sunshine behind!!! What on Earth is going on??? Lately there seems to always be a random area being king for sunshine recently, be it Aberdeen, Cork or now Stornoway. South East England just making up the numbers these days! Wow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

just a feeling we're in for a cool, very wet low pressure summer, wouldn't surprise me if May to Aug period was one of wettest on record, and all 4 months below CET average

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

SunSean This is what I was talking about the other day when I was saying that the SE seems to be having the worst weather this year.

Aberdeen had over 100 hours in February, while London had a pathetic 52 hours of sun.

I remember Atlantic 252 No, the months will be above the mean average because they will be so dull and wet. 

The usual suspects will complain that the heat lovers got a 'warm summer', which consists of 21c highs and 18c lows, with 150 hours of sun and 100mm of rain. That isn't summer.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I remember Atlantic 252 cool and wet is incredibly unlikely. I believe someone else estimated that the chance of such a summer occurring is practically negligible given how our climate has changed. Gavsweathervids' latest update seems to suggest a mixed albeit it very warm summer, if we were to trust analogues.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

The power of evaporative cooling in a very deep low pressure system!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain Cool summers will become rarer as time goes on, but we can still get pretty cool periods in summer. Months like June 2019, July 2020, August 2021 weren't long ago. Perhaps a 2007/12 style summer will be hard to come by but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another cool summer like 2011 or 2015. 

Posted

SunnyG August 2023 was cooler than average as well.

Posted

just been outside for 30 mins, it's 1c, and lots of white... yes, hail

but it's not melting very fast

This is better than anything i had back over the "winter"

Winter arrives at the end of March

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well there’s a good chance we’ll be at half our annual rainfall by mid April if the unsettled conditions. Usually that point would come on average in early August. Grim. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some useful rain here overnight, but already brightening up with a forecast high of 16°C. Not too shabby and the vile wind has calmed down thankfully 

Posted

This would usually be an amber warning and school closures😂 poor show forecasting wise but a nice surprise 

9F87F166-7938-4139-8C9D-46219643E75F.thumb.jpeg.5bd01cdff9e361e3a2876c1177114ca2.jpeg56480B1E-A3AE-4411-9632-268B2536624D.thumb.jpeg.9f72701570eaf22935cffdb5eb2a87d9.jpeg

This would usually be an amber warning and school closures😂 poor show forecasting wise but a nice surprise 

9F87F166-7938-4139-8C9D-46219643E75F.thumb.jpeg.5bd01cdff9e361e3a2876c1177114ca2.jpeg56480B1E-A3AE-4411-9632-268B2536624D.thumb.jpeg.9f72701570eaf22935cffdb5eb2a87d9.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

stainesbloke Bet you're glad you're not in merry ol' England during the present spell 😆

• Like 1