Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
There is an eye!! :)

http://goldrushproductions.com/wilma.htm

*goodnight all* ZZzzzzzzzz!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:):):):):)

Seezya tomorrow!

EDIT : Had a final look (for today) at the 'big picture' on the NW Atlantic/Carribean loop and if all of that convection/cloud off to the NE has dragged around to 'fill up' the missing portion to the North of Wilma by the morning then she will cover (with maybe Hurricane force winds,storm force winds and all the affected clouds spinning around her) 10 degrees of lat. by 10 degrees of long.!!!! ........ thats a heck of a lot of energy pulling all of that around that is!!!!! ;)

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Damn, looks like its forecast to turn to Florida :)

Not good for me since I am leaving on thursday for a family trip to Disneyland, Orlando (with the family).

If anyone here has any advice (I will listen to anyone saying 'dont go!!' but I am unlikely to cancel the holiday now) on what to do in a hurricane please post it here or PM me. If one does hit we will probably not be evacuating since we arent near the coast, but will still have to sit it out.

On a lighter note, there will be at least one net-weather reporter there to get some photos (and videos) if it does hit while I am there. So bad news for me, good news for you guys! :)

Posted
Damn, looks like its forecast to turn to Florida  :)

Not good for me since I am leaving on thursday for a family trip to Disneyland, Orlando (with the family).

If anyone here has any advice (I will listen to anyone saying 'dont go!!' but I am unlikely to cancel the holiday now) on what to do in a hurricane please post it here or PM me. If one does hit we will probably not be evacuating since we arent near the coast, but will still have to sit it out.

On a lighter note, there will be at least one net-weather reporter there to get some photos (and videos) if it does hit while I am there. So bad news for me, good news for you guys!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is purely reasurance and gut feeling but I don't think it's 'turn' will be as severe as shown or that the storm will not make it far enough north before 'turning' to trouble Florida in your location. I think it is most likely (IMO) to run NE once into the Gulf and end up to the western end of the Florida 'panhandle'. I'd like to think as a high 2/low 3 but if she's slow over areas of the Gulf she may pop a few surprises in intensity/size.

I don't know what I'd do :) just keep a weather eye on developments (esp. the 'cone' of the track) as by wed a.m you should have a good enough 'forcast' to base you're plans on!!

Posted
the energy that wilma is exhibiting is truely awesome. this is a system about to explode

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and here's the latest

WTNT34 KNHC 172048

TCPAT4

BULLETIN

TROPICAL STORM WILMA ADVISORY NUMBER 9

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

5 PM EDT MON OCT 17 2005

...WILMA POISED TO STRENGTHEN FURTHER...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR HONDURAS FROM THE

HONDURAS/NICARAGUA BORDER WESTWARD TO CABO CAMARON.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING AND A HURRICANE WATCH REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR

THE CAYMAN ISLANDS.

FOR STORM INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA...INCLUDING POSSIBLE

INLAND WATCHES AND WARNINGS...PLEASE MONITOR PRODUCTS ISSUED

BY YOUR LOCAL WEATHER OFFICE.

AT 5 PM EDT...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM WILMA WAS LOCATED

NEAR LATITUDE 15.8 NORTH... LONGITUDE 79.9 WEST OR ABOUT 255

MILES... 415 KM... SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF GRAND CAYMAN AND ABOUT 225

MILES... 365 KM...EAST-NORTHEAST OF CABO GRACIAS A DIOS ON THE

NICARAGUA/HONDURAS BORDER.

WILMA HAS DRIFTED SOUTHWARD OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS...BUT A

GRADUAL TURN TO THE WEST IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

STEERING CURRENTS REMAIN WEAK AND ERRATIC MOTION IS POSSIBLE DURING

THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 50 MPH... 85 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER

GUSTS. ADDITIONAL STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24

HOURS...AND WILMA COULD BECOME A HURRICANE TOMORROW.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES

...110 KM FROM THE CENTER.

THE MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE RESERVE UNIT

RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT WAS 989 MB...29.20 INCHES.

WILMA IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES

OVER THE CAYMAN ISLANDS...JAMAICA...HAITI...AND SOUTHEASTERN

CUBA...WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS OF 8 TO 12 INCHES POSSIBLE. RAINFALL

ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES...WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS OF 6 TO 10

INCHES...ARE POSSIBLE OVER HONDURAS.

REPEATING THE 5 PM EDT POSITION...15.8 N... 79.9 W. MOVEMENT

TOWARD...DRIFTING SOUTH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED

WINDS... 50 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 989 MB.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL

HURRICANE CENTER AT 8 PM EDT FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT

COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 11 PM EDT.

FORECASTER FRANKLIN

Posted

I dunno, I want to see a real start in movement before I say too much, Wilma could do many things, I have suspected FL right from the start, clipping Cuba > Keys > Ten Thousand Islands > across FL and into the Atlantic at West palm Beach, then run up the Eastern Seaboard, but, its stalling and taking so long to build, and that drift South, we watch, we wait, its Wilma's move first and that wont come until an eye has formed and she becomes a hurricane I think.

Posted

i just hope that if she does take the north track, that she turns sharply east past yuk otherwise new orleans gets a cat 4 smashing through it, again!

I don't know if they'll escape unharmed even if it does veer east. Their flood defences are way overstretched and severely damaged as it is. And florida's in enough debt without another cat 3 screaming through or even past it.

Posted
i just hope that if she does take the north track, that she turns sharply east past yuk otherwise new orleans gets a cat 4 smashing through it, again!

I don't know if they'll escape unharmed even if it does veer east.  Their flood defences are way overstretched and severely damaged as it is.  And florida's in enough debt without another cat 3 screaming through or even past it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She may just give us a 'show' in the Gulf and move out through the 'straights' into the Atlantic and then away on a diagonal into the Atlantic to 'pep up' the weather over here!!

I'm still concerned that when she sets off it will just be through the 'channel' and on through to MS/Panhandle area. :(

We shall see as she forms further today as I also don't think she wants to move out of her 'nursery ' yet (seems to be back tracking the past couple of hours) :)

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Stalled? Maybe, maybe not. Advisory 10A...

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 65 MPH...100 KM/HR... WITH

HIGHER GUSTS.  SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24

HOURS...AND WILMA COULD BECOME A HURRICANE LATER TODAY.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES... 110 KM

FROM THE CENTER.

LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE RECENTLY REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE

RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT WAS 984 MB...29.06 INCHES.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Courtesy Hurricane Track

UPDATED: 10:55 pm EDT, October 17, 2005

WILMA ALMOST A HURRICANE- FORECAST FOR SW FLORIDA DOES NOT LOOK GOOD

The latest news from the NHC does not bode well for folks living in SW Florida. The forecast now takes Wilma on a sweeping curve that looks to possibly end up between Sarasota and Key West. Keep in mind that we are still some 5 to 6 days away from a landfall- and so it is tough to even speculate on an exact landfall location. In this case, I do not think it matters much- Wilma is expected to be a large and dangerous hurricane and it will affect a lot of people along its path. In my opinion, preparations should start tomorrow. Get the storm panels ready, make sure you have something to store your most prized valuables in and look over evacuation options if you think you might asked to leave your home. There is no reason to wait until the last minute to act. Phone friends and relatives outside of the cone of probability- ask if you can stay with them until this thing passes. Go ahead and get on the ball now- you will be glad you did.

The intensity forecast shows a category three hurricane weakening to a strong two before any landfall. We all know how intensity forecasts can go- either way- plan on a category three and you will be ahead of the game. Remember that Wilma is likely to be a large hurricane- and I cannot emphasize enough the importance of undertanding that the effects will be far reaching. Folks on both sides of the peninsula need to be ready for this soon-to-be hurricane.

Posted

I E-Mailed a Floridian pal to give the 'heads up' on Saturday and he's only just replied!! (then again FOX news had it on last night) so maybe they don't care until it's 'bareing down' upon them!!! :(

Posted
I E-Mailed a Floridian pal to give the 'heads up' on Saturday and he's only just replied!! (then again FOX news had it on last night) so maybe they don't care until it's 'bareing down' upon them!!! :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess if you live in an area where it happens every year, you tend to adopt an attitude of "sod it" untill it starts getting certain. Otherwise you could be worrying over nothing.

Posted
I guess if you live in an area where it happens every year, you tend to adopt an attitude of "sod it" untill it starts getting certain. Otherwise you could be worrying over nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a matter of concience maybe? If you have kids then surely you'd go the 'extra mile' for their sakes (and sod what the neighbours say!) as it only needs to catch you once now doesn't it? :(

Posted

I've just heared a brief snippit on the ITV news about Wilma, saying that she's expected to become a hurricane soon, and it will equal a 72 year old record for the most number of hurricans in a season.

Have they gotten this confused with named storms, or would such a record be yet another achievment under wilma's banding?

and avisory number 11,...

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR 70 MPH...110

KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. WILMA IS EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE

TODAY.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES ...110 KM

FROM THE CENTER.

LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE MEASURED BY AN AIR FORCE

RECONNAISSANCE PLANE A COUPLE OF HOURS AGO WAS 982 MB...29.00

INCHES.

Here it goes...

Edited by crimsone

Posted

Ermmmmm, :(

I go to bed last night, and pretty much all models are to clip the Yucatan, and then veer off somewhere in the North - North East Gulf, Wilma was heading almost due South...I get here this morning..and now NHC track is almost spot on the track I said at 00.40 last night!...clip Cuba > Keys > Ten Thousand Isands > Inland FL > West Palm Beach.Thats spooky..but I think its still too early to say for definite as Wilma could still lead us a merry dance before setting off properly.

Edited by SnowBear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
Ermmmmm, :(

I go to bed last night, and pretty much all models are to clip the Yucatan, and then veer off somewhere in the North - North East Gulf, Wilma was heading almost due South...I get here this morning..and now NHC track is almost spot on the track I said at 00.40 last night!...clip Cuba > Keys > Ten Thousand Isands > Inland FL > West Palm Beach.Thats spooky..but I think its still too early to say for definite as Wilma could still lead us a merry dance before setting off properly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so haas she still stalled - the link seems to suggest she has and isn't moving for the next 12 hours (am I lagging behind?)

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hurricane/index.asp

Posted
so haas she still stalled - the link seems to suggest she has and isn't moving for the next 12 hours (am I lagging behind?)

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hurricane/index.asp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah, she hasn't stalled. She's just biding her time - waiting untill she gets a little stronger before unleashing the full force of her fury on the gulf and anything in her way to get there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
nah, she hasn't stalled. She's just biding her time - waiting untill she gets a little stronger before unleashing the full force of her fury on the gulf and anything in her way to get there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh ok. Wait and see then

Hi everyone

I've been lurking around here for months and have been glued to threads during hurricanes in particular Katrina. This hurricane to be is no different except my family and I are due to fly out to Orlando on Saturday. I'm crapping it but that's mainly due to the worry of the holiday being cancelled and we're only going for a week. :)

I've been in and out of here like a yoyo looking for updates etc. To the other guy going to Florida I feel your apprehension!!! I'm hoping that it misses Florida altogether. We're going specifically for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal one of our nights is Sunday 23rd and the other is Thurs 27th. Maybe we won't see it at all. Fingers crossed anyway.

Keep up the good work guys, this truly is a great site with some very talented people. :(

Posted

She's still a little 'flattened' on her Nw side (dry air subsiding?) but does seem to have completed her 'loop' so I'd now expect both formation into the full blown Hurricane and forward (NW) motion. I think it's a little early to be projecting landfall yet and I think NHC are a little south on their track and a little 'tight' on the turn. We shall see shall'nt we??? :(

Edited by Gray-Wolf