Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Andy hubby just said if he wasnt so busy tomorrow he would have given you a lift back but he has things to do sorry :)

cher

x

Awww thats fine cher :) Tell him I appreciate the thought. Anyway you never know.. Leicester might still get decent snow so I won't have to go to brum :)

I think there might be 3-10cm for Leicester before 10am tomorrow morning then it's likely to turn to sleet and thaw out but if there is 3-10cm here early in the morning I will be well pleased!

Edited by andy_leics22

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
looks like yet another soggy cold spell for southern england and judging by the bbc website looks like 8c tomorrow and staying this way right through nextweek.

there is nothing to suggest of anymore cold snowy weather for us in the south except just a little sleet on the hills.

so i think winter is over for us but up north still chances but even here a milder trend as the days pass.

very dissapointed with snow events, wont stick in my memory like the 80s did. :)

Head to the new forest, still a good covering. Don't be to down.It may feel like the day after Christmas day when you realise present wasn't as good as you thought and want a better one. I think the models are showing potential in the not to distant future. Winter is not over.

For all who are futher North, which is basicaly everyone from here, enjoy the snow. If it is rain or sleet you get then remember this why we get excited at the possibility of snow. Because it does not usually happen as we do not live in Canada.

Their forum would be snowing again here. Still Bl@@dy snowing here.

Posted
Awww thats fine cher :) Tell him I appreciate the thought. Anyway you never know.. Leicester might still get decent snow so I won't have to go to brum :)

I think there might be 3-10cm for Leicester before 10am tomorrow morning then it's likely to turn to sleet and thaw out but if there is 3-10cm here early in the morning I will be well pleased!

told him and if you dont and i hope and pray you do i will save ya some :)

cher

x

Posted

Haha thanks cher :D

I'm just nipping up the shop now but I have read a few posts on here in the last 10 mins suggesting that the precip is further East and some people saying that it's dying out near the Isle of Wight...The main band of precip isn't meant to be in the far South until 12-1am so theres plenty of time yet, don't worry it's all going to plan!!

Here at 1am...

http://www.meteociel.com/ukmo/run/U12-594.GIF?04-18

and then here at 7am...

http://www.meteociel.com/ukmo/run/U18-594.GIF?04-18

Posted
Haha thanks cher :D

I'm just nipping up the shop now but I have read a few posts on here in the last 10 mins suggesting that the precip is further East and some people saying that it's dying out near the Isle of Wight...The main band of precip isn't meant to be in the far South until 12-1am so theres plenty of time yet, don't worry it's all going to plan!!

Here at 1am...

http://www.meteociel.com/ukmo/run/U12-594.GIF?04-18

and then here at 7am...

http://www.meteociel.com/ukmo/run/U18-594.GIF?04-18

omg dont say that i wouldnt cope where's me prozac lol

Posted
omg dont say that i wouldnt cope where's me prozac lol

cher trust me it's all going well, nothing is going to go wrong, in fact i'm that certain that i'll garauntee you that it won't go wrong.

Posted

This is a bit confusing im led to believe that the south of england is due to get rain tonight which it may well do,but its snowing at the moment and settling,maybe the mild air is nowhere near at present.i am just south of wiltshire and east of dorset and live in hampshire.Right just seen post saying precipitation generally is miles away.

Posted
Lol, I still dont think ill wake up to much in North Birmingham, 2cm at most.

Im sure you see a lot more than 2cm more in the region of 10cm , dont give up yet you was the who lifted my spirits come on wheres the ramp inside of you lol

cher

x

ok there are a lot more people on here so I will now step aside and let other people have a say

x

Edited by toonarmy32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bbc 5 day keeping it cold maximum of 1C for stafford on monday, on saturday 31st january at 8pm i remember the bbc 5 dayer giving 2 snowflake symbol for stafford this thursday, may not be that inaccurate after all, hope it comes off, bbc still showing 2 snowflake symbol for stafford

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Lol, I still dont think ill wake up to much in North Birmingham, 2cm at most.

We are in the best place for the Snow tomorrow and you say that! :rolleyes:

Dont worry, it will be fine!

Posted
This is a bit confusing im led to believe that the south of england is due to get rain tonight which it may well do,but its snowing at the moment and settling,maybe the mild air is nowhere near at present.i am just south of wiltshire and east of dorset and live in hampshire.Right just seen post saying precipitation generally is miles away.

Fairly certain its just the leading band that will be wintry. However, down here, dew point still -2.5, wind ENE.

The main event appears to be heading over Normandy as we speak I suspect the warmer air will arrive with this.

Posted

Hi Jy it sounds as if the western fringes of the snowless triangle are getting more snow than the eastern parts! Nothing here yet, but lots of No potential.

Edited by Kiwi

Posted

There is precip over you right now but when I said that the precip is miles away I was talking about the main band that is going to hit the Midlands around the early hours :rolleyes:

andy you still not said, all nighter? or not gonna be worth it? lol

Well I usually do all nighters in situations like this but end up feeling AWFUL the next day so I think i'm going for a different strategy this time lol, going bed around 9:30-10pm waking up at 1-2am :lol:

Posted
Hmm, I do hope so!

i do hope so mate that we will get some decent snow tomorrow... what u reckon mate? what are the chances for wolve's mate?

Posted

alot of the precip is the radar playing up, the precip near me is non existant

im going for the xbox followed by spag bol about 11ish shud see me through lol

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
alot of the precip is the radar playing up, the precip near me is non existant

The N-W radar does that spotty precip around the Midlands often, the rest of the precip it's reporting is accurate.

Posted

even further confusion 2 reports from a dorset coast b hampshire coast reporting snow again as just pointed out the warmer air to follow but most forecasts about 6pm largely said rain thats all

even further confusion 2 reports from a dorset coast b hampshire coast reporting snow again as just pointed out the warmer air to follow but most forecasts about 6pm largely said rain thats all

The first bit about the front won't be so warm, it's showing up on the NW radar as being snow.. The heavier bits further behind as sleet.. We'll see as it moves in land I guess. I'm hoping I'm far enough north for it all to be snow.. Not counting on it though.

Posted

Well guys, its a watching and waiting game now-i hope we get the best possble circumstances out of this LP to maximise our potential! Central news says 2-5cm but 10-20 cm locally! I don't know what they were smoking when they stated that!