Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
The basis of my claims...the LP is is going too far north.north of sheffield ..across to lancashire have the better chance

you will wake up all excited and Tuesday morning expecting blizzards

in fact you will wake up to torrential rain I'm afraid.

No, I still think its still Ok, but certainly wouldnt want it to go much further north. Probably game over for the south Midlands though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Looking at the last charts, it will fall as RAIN.

Game over i'm afraid.

il listen to the proffessionals rather than an emotional amature , that was nothig more than a 'kid throwing a tantrum' comment, they do nothin of the sort

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up..but a lot of people in the midland are going to be very disappointed.

Are you trying to do an impression of me? :whistling: Just kidding, well tonight there is a lot of stressed out on edge Midlanders in here getting pulled from pillar to post and not knowing what really is going to happen tomorrow. Some are taking the BBC forecast as gospal, some are looking at the model runs and making their own forecasts on it and some are just inbetween not knowing who the heck to believe :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
il listen to the proffessionals rather than an emotional amature , that was nothig more than a 'kid throwing a tantrum' comment, they do nothin of the sort

Although a bit of a harsh comment, I agree with your general point. It seems that it is a case with some people of "if I'm not having any snow, then neither is anyone else" which really isn't helpful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
The basis of my claims...the LP is is going too far north.north of sheffield ..across to lancashire have the better chance

you will wake up all excited and Tuesday morning expecting blizzards

in fact you will wake up to torrential rain I'm afraid.

Really?......and what chart might that be on then??....I could've sworn its zips through the English Channel!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Same.... :lol: :whistling:

Still light fog here...nothing dense but visibility down to about 200m perhaps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Let's all watch the forcast on bbc 1 shortly. Let's see if it is the same as news 24. I have known it to differ in the past.

Posted

Kid throwing a tantrum. :whistling:

professionals they cant even forecast an event 1 hour before , so, yeah, you listen to the professionals :lol:

it people like you who dont want to except the truth.

It's going to rain!!!

Posted
Kid throwing a tantrum. :lol:

professionals they cant even forecast an event 1 hour before , so, yeah, you listen to the professionals :lol:

It's going to rain!!!

Yes it is, but only in Northampton lol

Posted

Id say the bbc and metoffice mainly metoffice have been pretty spot on over the last week. I dont think anyone including netweather can say for sure its all prediction its just sit tight and lets see what happens.

Posted

It's going to rain!!!

you dont know that any more than the bbc no its going to snow, everyone should just take a step back forget about things for 12hours and see what tomorow brings when the low pressure will be alot easier to track.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

It's going to rain!!!

Nobody knows what the truth is yet! It might snow/sleet or rain! Or all 3! Comments like "Its going to rain!!!" are just provocative. You just want a reaction like I am giving you now.

Posted

Getting quite foggy here too with a temp of -0.0C and rising :lol:

Regarding tomorrows events, i still think parts of the Midlands will see a good amount of snow fall. I don't know why i think that, just a gut feeling i suppose.

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

So if this time tomorrow it's chucking it down with rain across the whole of the Midlands will Blizzards and Shaun Wilmer take back their comments?

I said this afternoon I expect rain for the Midlands between tomorrow afternoon and the early hours of Tuesday when I expect the rain to start turning to snow Tuesday morning when the colder air digs in. Blizzards you said you were not agreeing with it, now Shaun Wilmer suggests Lance Northants is throwing a paddy because he is also playing down the snow risk... Ok maybe Lance's is a bit different in the fact this afternoon he was saying "Blizzards tomorrow for Northants" and now he is saying "Rain everywhere, forget it" but he says rain for the Midlands tomorrow afternoon/night.

I tell you what, if it snows bucket loads tomorrow in the Midlands I will be as happy as anyone else, and no doubt people on here will burn me at the stake :lol: but if it rains will anyone actually admit that my forecast wasn't total BS?

The only places I think will see snow tomorrow evening/night are places in the Midlands above 250-300m ASL, there are a few locations that are that high but the majority aren't.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
you dont know that any more than the bbc no its going to snow, everyone should just take a step back forget about things for 12hours and see what tomorow brings when the low pressure will be alot easier to track.

Good point it could change course.

They are just mentioning about the severe weather then.

Posted
I agree were getting over excited over nothing atm.

It could be all rain or snow, it just depends on the cold air thats the one thing that will only make a difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

It's going to rain!!!

its very clear your very emotional so il laugh it off, lets just wait an see, its got mothing to with 'not wanting to accept the truth' i would rather listen to them than listen to you . . .who iv never met , and sound like your throwing your toys out ya pram mate. chill out ok, if you dont want ppl gettin arsy with ya then show a bit of tact in how you say things

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Really?......and what chart might that be on then??....I could've sworn its zips through the English Channel!!!

To be fair he said North of Sheffield, over to Lancs have a better chance, not the low going there itself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just to set the cat amongst the pidgeon's, here's a link to Roger Smith's take on tomorrow......As usual a very imformative post from Roger thats well worth studying...

Link to 'Channel Low' thread

Posted

Some amusing posts in this thread.

Hard to believe such bickering after the snowiest week for many years :lol:

Posted
To be fair he said North of Sheffield, over to Lancs have a better chance, not the low going there itself.

So he did...apologies....did not read the grammar properly....old age is creeping up on me...now, where are my reading glasses :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

BBC 1 Forecast has some changes but said the Midlands would be worst hit with 2-8 inches possible. Snow happening mostly from 19:00 until about 02:00.