Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Going by the BBc forecast just, it looks like rain in the daytime, and this then turning to snow after 5pm onwards over the Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The words of Jay Wynne on the 10 o'clock news forecast:

"The Midlands really baring the brunt of the snow, with 2 to 8 inches here"

Still looking very promising :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

BBC 1 forcast just suggested rain turning to snow from about 10pm onwards. Looked good for the midlands. I am sure they are more twists to come yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep, if they really thought the Snow would be further North im sure they would of changed it by now. This could still be a big event for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
BBC 1 forcast just suggested rain turning to snow from about 10pm onwards. Looked good for the midlands. I am sure they are more twists to come yet though.

10pm onwards!!?? Thats a good 4-5 hours of heavy rain for the Midlands then, thats defanitly a downgrade since earlier on today when they said it would start as snow in the Midlands in the evening. 4-5 hours of heavy rain is just going to drench everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Yep, if they really thought the Snow would be further North im sure they would of changed it by now. This could still be a big event for us!

He did say the northwards extent was uncertain, but he then went onto say the Midlands would still be worst hit.

Posted

I agree a primetime news bulliten they are not going to make rash statements with millions watching

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
10pm onwards!!?? Thats a good 4-5 hours of heavy rain for the Midlands then, thats defanitly a downgrade since earlier on today when they said it would start as snow in the Midlands in the evening. 4-5 hours of heavy rain is just going to drench everywhere.

It was more 7pm for the West Midlands im sure, just a touch later for the East Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

All this talk about cold & snow?....What are people going on about?......Tomorrow I guarentee you that it will be 90F in my location......

.....I'm spending the evening in the bath :whistling:

Posted

from what i saw on it, was that it turned to snow around 6-7 not 10 LOL

Posted

To be fair other members have said it showed snow on the graphics from 5/6pm so I may have got that wrong :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

indeed he did. if he is wrong and all we get is rain then i will humble myself and admit i should be more reserved in what i say in future. hope its game on though

Posted
from what i saw on it, was that it turned to snow around 6-7 not 10 LOL

Ah ok :whistling: I hope Leicester gets pasted by snow, I don't expect it to but of course being a massive snow lover I would like nothing more!

Posted

Well the BBC forecast had snow over the Northampton area for much of the night.

Excellent forecast by Jay, can only hope the BBC/UKMO are right about this as they seem to be sticking to their guns!

Posted

very promising your right, but somethings telling me that 5 - 20cms is quite a broad statement which would mean there not sure if we will get 2 hours or 8 of snowfall, the only good thing is they say 2 - 8"s meaning that even if it doesnt start as snow as early as possible we should at least have 2" by the time the system moves away. with cold air for the next few days afterwards it could mean snow on the ground for 12days or more here :D

Posted
South Midlands Northwards I would say for Snow Monday Night/Tuesday.

Clear North of N.Wales is what was forecast on ITV weather.

Thats wrong, No model backs that idea of the Precip only reaching North Wales and thats it. GFS shows it as far North as Sheffield, ECM does and UKMO does.

BBC has just repeated what I said originally and same as what ITV said earlier this evening.

Heaviest of the snow for the Midlands...upto 8inches.

It will be heavy rain at first which will turn to heavy snow in the evening or late afternoon.

Edited by xanadu

Posted

There may well be a period of light rain but in the heavier precip even if it does rain beforehand it will still settle, I remember on Friday had heavy rain nearly all day but snow still settled when it did come and you will also have the time of eveing on your side.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Jay looked very excited I thought!! Whether we get snow or not it's been fascinating watching this low, and the will it/won't anticipation is just as much fun as the actual 'event' itself.

Posted
Jay looked very excited I thought!! Whether we get snow or not it's been fascinating watching this low, and the will it/won't anticipation is just as much fun as the actual 'event' itself.

I have to agree the waiting and debate is great fun! Let's just hope we are all happy tomorrow night!

Posted

The overnight 00z UKMO run is going to be the biggest run EVER. If it moves the low about 50 miles further South it would take the chances of snow for the Midlands up a notch. If it stays the same or moves it 50 miles North then the Midlands may well just get rain, so so close this is.

Posted
its very clear your very emotional so il laugh it off, lets just wait an see, its got mothing to with 'not wanting to accept the truth' i would rather listen to them than listen to you . . .who iv never met , and sound like your throwing your toys out ya pram mate. chill out ok, if you dont want ppl gettin arsy with ya then show a bit of tact in how you say things

Good God !!!

I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram, why should i? since Monday northamptonshire had had nearly 16 inches of snow fall, so is that throwing my toys out of the pram?

like i said before, you are looking for the '' snow storm of the century'' which has now been downgraded for the midlands.

sorry to upset you, but you will be very disappointed

Edited by Lancs_Northants