Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Fascinating. Just had a nose at a few weather stations. Its currently 8C here on the S coast, but in places like Gloucs, Bucks and Oxf its zero. 8 degree difference to places that I could drive to in an hour or 2!

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
Continuous rainfall here for hours and hours. Not holding high hopes for any snow.

Thats really odd, been snowing here since just after 7pm, I allways thought aylesbury was higher up than milton keynes too :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Continuous rainfall here for hours and hours. Not holding high hopes for any snow.

Its rain here or sleet at best at 0.5c whats going on snow all to the west and south east ?

8.30pm it was moderate snow

Posted

if the snow stops in the next few hours will it still be here in the morning? i want my kids to see it when they wake up!

Posted
Thats really odd, been snowing here since just after 7pm, I allways thought aylesbury was higher up than milton keynes too :lol:

Do you have settling snow there , 25 miles east of me

Posted

We have got about 2-3cms where I am in Redditch. It's weird, as the snow is coming down, but there is water dripping off my roof. It's as though it is thawing as quick as it is settling. It's getting a bit breezy too.

*off topic* @Phull - You didn't used to be an art teacher in Kettering did you? (My old art teacher was called Peter Hull and he was a wonderful man).

Sorry folks, back on topic again. Kettering and Northamptonshire generally always used to do well for snow, especially in the 80's. I don't think I have ever experienced the same sized dollops of snow since I moved away 20 years ago! :lol:

Posted

I think it is, but iv found it strange all night, the radar, the locations, the temps etc... really weird

Posted

Seems to be dying out now towards the west so 1-2 hours max left for the west mids i'd say.

Slowed down abit here now i'd say we have about 3-4cm

Posted
Fascinating. Just had a nose at a few weather stations. Its currently 8C here on the S coast, but in places like Gloucs, Bucks and Oxf its zero. 8 degree difference to places that I could drive to in an hour or 2!

Dont drive to North Oxford, sleet at best head it looks like to Milton Keynes :lol:

Posted
Do you have settling snow there , 25 miles east of me

Still had 3 inches of lying snow after todays slow melt, thats before it even started snowing this evening. Coming on for 2 inches of fresh snow at the minute thats settled on all surfaces including roads and pavements. Still falling heavily at the minute :lol:

Posted
We have got about 2-3cms where I am in Redditch. It's weird, as the snow is coming down, but there is water dripping off my roof. It's as though it is thawing as quick as it is settling. It's getting a bit breezy too.

*off topic* @Phull - You didn't used to be an art teacher in Kettering did you? (My old art teacher was called Peter Hull and he was a wonderful man).

Sorry folks, back on topic again. Kettering and Northamptonshire generally always used to do well for snow, especially in the 80's. I don't think I have ever experienced the same sized dollops of snow since I moved away 20 years ago! :lol:

Hehe im in redditch too! yea that wind is getting up!

Posted
Nothing happening in Birches Head either, where are you mate ?

I can see a few flakes in the lampost now Steewee. Can't amount to anything now though as it's starting to move away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Finally, finally starting to stick on pavements and road. Just a shame Nick has gone to bed :(

No I am still lurking! :lol:

Can't resist the temptation :lol:

Don't think it is settling that great yet, but I can definitely make out a small snow drift in the back garden! Now I am definitely off, as I don't think I will be having a snow day tomorrow!

Posted
Dont drive to North Oxford, sleet at best head it looks like to Milton Keynes :lol:

Places I COULD drive to. Work tomorrow in Pompey and i've apparently demolished 3 cans of london pride while dreaming about living north of the M4.

I can see a few flakes in the lampost now Steewee. Can't amount to anything now though as it's starting to move away.

:(

Still what feels like very freezing rain here.

Ah well - it's certainly been an exciting week..so i'll forgive nature this one ;)

Posted
Where are you? Nothing happening in Bucknall apart from the odd spot of rain

i'm in mill hill near tunstall hun

Sorry folks, back on topic again. Kettering and Northamptonshire generally always used to do well for snow, especially in the 80's. I don't think I have ever experienced the same sized dollops of snow since I moved away 20 years ago! :(

No good at art - sorry