Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Had a few snow showers here this morning between 5.30-6.30 which I was'nt expecting. Been raining here for the past couple of hours now. Are we due any more snow or will it be rain all night?

Posted

It's caking it down in sunny Redhill, settling v.well considering the rain we had earlier and it's going to be ever so dangerous for those travelling home tonight.

Posted

M25 at J5:

post-7342-12614106275513_thumb.jpg

As you can see it's quite bad!

Snow falling here, large flakes.

you gt the link to these cams??

Posted

I have not been on here since last night when everything was calm and nothing too much expected and here I am in the middle of a snow storm? We had a couple of hours of rain which has now given away to heavy snow here on the Banstead/Sutton border settling readily and temp drop too?

So what's going on and what is going to happen now?

[i am now hearing Gatwick is closed?]

Edited by HighPressure

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Not raining or snowing yet in the center of MK, but temp is -0.7'c with a DP of -1.3 currently. Its snowing in luton atm, anything that falls here im hoping is snow, temps are right and the 105m asl helps a little too :lol:

Not raining or snowing yet in the center of MK, but temp is -0.7'c with a DP of -1.3 currently. Its snowing in luton atm, anything that falls here im hoping is snow, temps are right and the 105m asl helps a little too :lol:

Still another couple of hours for you guys to wait in MK I'm afraid.. It's moving very slowly indeed. It keeps starting and stopping, going from rain, to sleet to snow here.. Driving me mad!

Posted

still sleet/Snow in gravesend. how can it be snowing hard just 10miles west of me? Is the cold air returning from the west and turning it to snow. If so then it should only be a matter of time before the snow reaches here? or is this wishful thinking?

Posted

More flakes now falling slower which hopefully means they're less wet, can't really tell if it's settling because most surfacing are already covered in snow! 0.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hello fellow MKer smile.gif

Hi there,

I'm on the East side (MK7)

Just go home and sad to say it's icy rain now :-(

With any luck it will turn back to snow later !

Posted

Yes, but it will finish soon. Hope the front pivots back later

looks like the snow will carry on until 1800 hrs.

Breaking News..........Gatwick Airport is closed due to severe weather conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Simply amazing. The snow is really coming down harder and settling like hell clap.gif

This is mad, I can't believe how quick its settled. How long is this suppose to last?

Posted

http://www.trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx

There you go! Can select other motorways also! select the traffic cams when looking at other roads.

thanks for the link, when i miss out by a few miles again later on, i'll look at these to remind myself what snow looks like. :lol: not at all jealous of you lot.

Posted

Wow, this is rather impressive.

This must be the fifth day in a row that snow has fallen over the city. When was the last time that happened? The early 80s maybe?

-

Regardless, the evening shoppers are having a hard time getting to the mall in the current mini snowstorm in NW2.

yours...watching Moses.

Posted

Cant believe what i just witneesed drove over the Dartford bridge from Essex where it was raining hard, got through the toll booths in gods county of Kent into a blizzard with snow starting to lie. Is this going to last or is it just a passing phase before it turns to rain?

Posted

This is mad, I can't believe how quick its settled. How long is this suppose to last?

Should be nearly finished looking at the radar. What are Steve M's thought on what will happen later tonight. Will it pivot back and will it be snow?

Posted

Just a quick question ?

How cold is it expected to be tonight as there could be some spectacular glaze on the trees if the areas that have rain get freezing conditions overnight, or is it not expected to get down that low ?

Paul S

Posted

This is just incredible - didn't see this happening today yesterday! Been relentless heavy snow for the past few hours and already had 3-4cm on top of what was already there from Friday.