Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Chat And Moods

Paul

Posted

So I now undestand that this "Beast From The East" isn't coming. I booked a day off work on the 8th February and bought a pair of high powered binoculars so I could see it first. I wonder how long it will be before the "Beast From The East" people are telling me there could be extreme and damaging winds with torrential rain and flooding coming from the "Pest From The West."

John, getting a tad boring now. Maybe you need to find some other interests.

Posted

You ought to reign your mouth as well as your neck in dearie and cut out the personal snipes. He was, actually, referring to something lightheartedly spoken about originally in his family that others have shared with him as a bit of fun on the model thread. Unlike you who can't seem to resist being a word that rhymes with itchy.

Tamara has her own (two) words of the day: Button it! girl_devil.gifdry.gif

Totally agree Tamara, seems this person has a personal vendetta against Tetis!mad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Oh dear and I pay for this type of entertainment at the cinema. You lot are awesome. :lol:

Posted

That is the reality though Snowballz, despite your waffling and lengthy posts which often contain personal attacks, TEITS offers more in both his knowledge, his humour and his respect for both his fellow posters and the site as a whole.

Here is hoping the moderators start taking a firmer action on posters like you, who seem to offer so little of interest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Much is made by the mildies-cum-anti-coldies of the plus side of milder weather, i.e., lower heating bills, better driving conditions, fewer pensioners in casualty, etc., but that's just one side of the story. Some people, like me, have health issues that are eased by colder weather, oddly enough. Chiefly, I sleep much better in the cold spells than I do in mild weather because I have a bizarre overheating problem in my body related (I suspect) to bad circulation, even though I'd be above average fitness wise. My wife can't even share the same room as me any more as she needs to be insanely warm. Of course, summer time for me is torment, with a fan pointed at the bed and earplugs in to cut out the noise, as the sweat pours out of me. I often have to keep a water spray on hand to cool my legs down... I basically sleep best in a room temperature of around 1-3 C to be comfortable, and with a duvet to be snug(ish) in with the option of sticking my limbs out for the occasional 15-20 minutes throughout the night to cool down again. So yes, my nickname is "The Iceman" and that's one reason why I so love the cold and hate mildness, and get so frustrated at people being all overjoyed at yet more mild weather, as if this country isn't mild enough.

All very reasonable points. I think the problem is that the value judgements assigned to types of weather tend to be based on their overall contribution to work/economy/health/safety (ignoring other factors), and the negative impacts on those of mild winters are overall smaller than with cold snowy ones. So as for those who actually have underlying health reasons for preferring cold winters (SAD can be another one, particularly in north-western districts where winter temperatures and sunshine show a strong inverse relationship)- they just aren't catered for by our not-so-wonderful media unfortunately.

I still have a feeling that while a spell of milder, cloudy wet weather looks likely into February it may not last all that long. Perhaps a week or so. Some of the charts for a week's time are quite reminiscent of around 27/28 Dec 2009.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

All very reasonable points. I think the problem is that the value judgements assigned to types of weather tend to be based on their overall contribution to work/economy/health/safety (ignoring other factors), and the negative impacts on those of mild winters are overall smaller than with cold snowy ones. So as for those who actually have underlying health reasons for preferring cold winters (SAD can be another one, particularly in north-western districts where winter temperatures and sunshine show a strong inverse relationship)- they just aren't catered for by our not-so-wonderful media unfortunately.

I still have a feeling that while a spell of milder, cloudy wet weather looks likely into February it may not last all that long. Perhaps a week or so. Some of the charts for a week's time are quite reminiscent of around 27/28 Dec 2009.

Well if that's the case, the cold air might never leave Scotland!! I know what you mean though - at that point a return to milder weather was shown while the reality was a low that tracked across southern England, bringing height rises back from the north and a northeasterly outbreak. This doesn't sound all that implausible IMO, perhaps in 7/10 days time with a low taking a similar track to then.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Oh dear and I pay for this type of entertainment at the cinema. You lot are awesome. smile.gif

Do you not agree with what is being said Stephen?

Posted

Totally agree Tamara, seems this person has a personal vendetta against Tetis!mad.gif

Whats ironic is the pic of snowballz is a apitting image of my ex-girlfriend who used to live in Enfield. :lol:

Thanks for the support from yourself and Tamara although im not really bothered what Snowballz thinks of me which is why I haven't bothered replying directly to her post.

The story behind the Seagulls (not pigeons) is a well known saying in E Anglia which was told to me by my grandparents. Now at the time I noticed a huge number of them in Peterborough the models were also showing a battle between the atlantic vc E,lys. So I simply combined nature with science although unfortunately this was proved incorrect.

Like I say im not bothered what snowballz thinks of me because it isn't as though she makes much effort into posting on the model discussion thread. My interpretation of the models might differ to others because I tend to use instinct rather than science. However I would love to make similiar posts to GP on that thread but unfortunately one problem prevents this and thats simply im not clever enough. It doesn't matter how many times I try and learn about teleconnections it just doesn't sink in. I was the same at school with other subjects and would find very little would sink in. Still this doesn't matter as we're all born with unique talents because whereas I didn't do very well at school academically I excelled in sports.

I shall continue posting in my usual style on this forum for many years to come. If some don't like this then all they simply have to do is ignore me or block my posts.

Posted

Here is hoping the moderators start taking a firmer action on posters like you, who seem to offer so little of interest.

I was playing football against someone like you this morning, they were always running to the ref trying to get one of our players sent off. I really hate players like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Do you not agree with what is being said Stephen?

I'm impartial to it, but I see the irony of these 'arguments' in the model mood thread. I do agree in essence that no one should be personally attacked but to be frank unless I'm personally attacked I'm not really going to take stands as such. I'm sure TEITS wont be harmed, he has to endure model runs like the rest of us, it's hard not to toughen up in that respect.

Posted

Whats ironic is the pic of snowballz is a apitting image of my ex-girlfriend who used to live in Enfield. laugh.gif

Thanks for the support from yourself and Tamara although im not really bothered what Snowballz thinks of me which is why I haven't bothered replying directly to her post.

The story behind the Seagulls (not pigeons) is a well known saying in E Anglia which was told to me by my grandparents. Now at the time I noticed a huge number of them in Peterborough the models were also showing a battle between the atlantic vc E,lys. So I simply combined nature with science although unfortunately this was proved incorrect.

Like I say im not bothered what snowballz thinks of me because it isn't as though she makes much effort into posting on the model discussion thread. My interpretation of the models might differ to others because I tend to use instinct rather than science. However I would love to make similiar posts to GP on that thread but unfortunately one problem prevents this and thats simply im not clever enough. It doesn't matter how many times I try and learn about teleconnections it just doesn't sink in. I was the same at school with other subjects and would find very little would sink in. Still this doesn't matter as we're all born with unique talents because whereas I didn't do very well at school academically I excelled in sports.

I shall continue posting in my usual style on this forum for many years to come. If some don't like this then all they simply have to do is ignore me or block my posts.

Hi Dave..

just ignore this utter boring poster.

like i said , your forecast this winter has been fantastic. oh, and i'm still saving that PM laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I suggest there needs to be some toning down of the snipes at other members- from both sides of the argument.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I'm impartial to it, but I see the irony of these 'arguments' in the model mood thread. I do agree in essence that no one should be personally attacked but to be frank unless I'm personally attacked I'm not really going to take stands as such. I'm sure TEITS wont be harmed, he has to endure model runs like the rest of us, it's hard not to toughen up in that respect.

I agree with that and also with what TEITS has just said.

Not trying to 'police' anything - it is just that personal comments are not on like that, even if the recipient is mature enough to ignore them (like TEITS obviously is) it still doesn't take away the initial point about making these posts in the first place.

Time to move onsmile.gif

Edit: TWS, what other side? No-one else is making them

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Whats ironic is the pic of snowballz is a apitting image of my ex-girlfriend who used to live in Enfield. :)

Carry on eye your thoughts and views are much appreciated.

Posted

To be fair Eye, the seagulls were circling over Manhattan last night on Channel 4; just before it all kicked off.

Posted

I suggest there needs to be some toning down of the snipes at other members- from both sides of the argument.

I might be have chosen to ignore Snowballz post but in some respects your post annoys me even more!

May I ask what other side? Read the posts and their has only been one side!

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

On the subject of the models, if thats ok, i wonder how resolved the coming week actually is looking at the way the GEM seems to want to go this evening. Could there still be the odd twist to the saga?

ECM looks to want to "slide one under" early doors too :)

Edited by ned

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I might be have chosen to ignore Snowballz post but in some respects your post annoys me even more!

May I ask what other side? Read the posts and their has only been one side!

I fully agree with you TEITS i think TWS is been a little bit hard on you. All you do is post what you see happenning and i am hoping you will continue doing this for many years to come.

Posted

To be honest I think there have been a few misunderstandings, I think Ian was attempting to cool down the thread which is fair enough. Like Tamara said maybe it's best forgotten and we all move on. TEITS, no one thinks any different of you, carry on making your valid contributions.

Posted

On the subject of the models, if thats ok, i wonder how resolved the coming week actually is looking at the way the GEM seems to want to go this evening. Could there still be the odd twist to the saga?

Yes the GEM wants to send a SW SE which allows the block to back W. As I said last night the models have a tendancy of moving the energy NE rather than SE. Sometimes what happens is it isn't until we're within +72 that the models decide to take a SW SE. So it does remain possible that within +72 we might yet see some twists to the saga.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Is this as vile as it looks?

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/Recm1441.gif

:bad:

Posted

Except for those whose tastes are for stratus, drizzle and 10-12C, then I suggest yes! Looks like a bit of a west based -NAO setting up leaving the UK on the mild side of the blocking. Looks similar to UKMO at T+144, so it'll be interesting to see where it goes from there, as the UKMO has led the way into this pattern so far.

Posted

Is this as vile as it looks?

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/Recm1441.gif

:bad:

In a word - Yes.

It will never come off though :lol: