Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2021-22 Chat, Moans and ramps thread

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Good explanation from the met office. This one really is a nail bighter...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

No matter what, any excitement is always ruined in the end, looks like a mild Christmas and no cold spell now what a surprise!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
5 minutes ago, conor123 said:

No matter what, any excitement is always ruined in the end, looks like a mild Christmas and no cold spell now what a surprise!

Wrong on both accounts.  Temperature almost certainly below average.  Possibly snow and Meto going for cold NY and start of January.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 17/12/2021 at 19:45, Climate Man said:

Wrong on both accounts.  Temperature almost certainly below average.  Possibly snow and Meto going for cold NY and start of January.

I think that all depends on where you are located?

Output at the moment, as an example, shows Christmas day here to be milder than last years.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

A Lake District northwards/Scotland chance for anything white Christmas Day. Chances elsewhere in Northern England if at all. 
Cold rain Manchester south. ECM 12 firming up on that idea 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Looking forward to it getting colder next week. 

I appreciate that some do not like the cold, but cold spells usually don't last that long in this country. Likewise with hot spells during the summer.

Personally I think it makes a change to have something a little different, seeing as we get cloudy days and temps in the 10 to 15 Celsius range throughout most of the year. But hey, it would be boring if we all shared the same preferences wouldn't it? 

In regards to the weather over Christmas, for my neck of the woods it's looking like temps are going to be around average. But that is 8 days away so is subject to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
On 17/12/2021 at 23:41, tight isobar said:

Indeed - but if people payed more attention, to the unusual Synoptics- other than Atlantic based shunting- then we could have some moderate/ analysis. Because due to @whatever” your view is @ gwa/ / climate change. The normality of west- to east meteorological stamp! Has /is very different. Anyway I prey- for a little grace of formula for both height block, and minuscule morphing- because that is the ultimate slay.. or weigh... rest well

Do you always talk in rhymes n riddles? 

#Riddler?

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 4

Posted
On 17/12/2021 at 23:48, swfc said:

He actually knows his onions and is on the ball

I don't doubt that! but some of us newbies don't talk klingon, give us a fighting chance? Or is it a closed club?

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

I don't doubt that! but some of us newbies don't talk klingon, give us a fighting chance? Or is it a closed club?

Post of the day by a country mile

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
6 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

It's just ti way. I said the actual same thing ie klingon jokingly. Closed club naaa. Just follow the charts he posts and eventually it will come together. His last post was referring to folk not looking at the synoptics on the northern hemisphere profile. Folk concentrating on the Atlantic,i think

Edited by swfc

Posted
7 minutes ago, swfc said:

He actually knows his onions and is on the ball

Onions peeling start now on the gain, balls round in shaping, primmed as we go and take the WAA into the heights.... and await the finish of model beats in minds ya'll so rememba no cold means that's shallot.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, abruzzi spartan said:

Onions peeling start now on the gain, balls round in shaping, primmed as we go and take the WAA into the heights.... and await the finish of model beats in minds ya'll so rememba no cold means that's shallot.

Oky doky time for bed I think. Roll on the oz whatever it brings. Oh and let's hope the runs and charts are good, Angel of death take me now

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, abruzzi spartan said:

That is so funny

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, blizzard81 said:

You can't beat humour!

Indeed but I literally have zero idea what any of that means blizzard. I'm old, il show my kids

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
On 18/12/2021 at 00:07, blizzard81 said:

That is so funny

- I’m only glad I can bring both- amusing reference/and ultimately my own reflection, on how I see—-?and others don’t .. 

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 3

Posted
On 17/12/2021 at 23:59, swfc said:

It's just ti way. I said the actual same thing ie klingon jokingly. Closed club naaa. Just follow the charts he posts and eventually it will come together. His last post was referring to folk not looking at the synoptics on the northern hemisphere profile. Folk concentrating on the Atlantic,i think

I appreciate ure reply, this thread is a scary place for us amateurs so off to the regionals for me, enjoy ure model watching guys and Fi of course

now casting is probably where i belong

Posted
2 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

- I’m only glad I can bring both- amusing reference/and ultimately my own reflection, on how I see—-?and others don’t .. 

You are a lad TI

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

I appreciate ure reply, this thread is a scary place for us amateurs so off to the regionals for me, enjoy ure model watching guys and Fi of course

now casting is probably where i belong

Stick with it, you will learn loads. ps, but be sectioned by April

Edited by swfc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Now let’s “indeed have some model/ meteorological Analysis, from those whom- give it Charlie big spuds, but have nil- deciphering.- and- or worthy chart- model shout of interpretations???‍♂️. I’ll gladly resolve any doubts or analysis to your denotion  ?!.?‍♂️ And diverge in your interpretation of sync ?‍♂️.. “ I’ll wait with baited breath “

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!
9 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

I am not a Troll, that is not my intention, appoligies if it comes across that way, and i will appoligise to the Thread, it was a quip that Ti talks weather in rhymes n riddles that a lay person like myself doesn't understand, no need for knickers getting in a twist, all is good!

Hey @Wold Topper, it wasn't meant to be directly aimed at you. TI has had a bit of stick in the past (from certain idiots within the forum),and i felt i needed to voice up his tireless contribution on here. Crossed wires, and no need to apologise. All's good...and like yourself I'm learning also...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 18/12/2021 at 01:12, TallPaul said:

Hey @Wold Topper, it wasn't meant to be directly aimed at you. TI has had a bit of stick in the past (from certain idiots within the forum),and i felt i needed to voice up his tireless contribution on here. Crossed wires, and no need to apologise. All's good...and like yourself I'm learning also...

Thanks for the reply,

Much appreciated , similarly i wasn't having a dig at TI, a lot seems to get lost in translation it would seem, my little quips don't always translate in the written text, being a newbie to this obviously i maybe need to gauge the mood?

• Like 3