Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2021-22 Chat, Moans and ramps thread

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Where I live today it is very grey and still. The birds are very quiet. Are they conserving their energy? It has been a very weird autumn/winter so far and still very dry here in South East Wales.

I think after this weekend a big change is afoot (hope casting)

Posted
17 minutes ago, Updated_Weather said:

I know it means nothing but for my location BBC weather have the snow ❄️ symbol appearing around Christmas time 

Same here. I imagine the public and press may pick this up later. Roll on the Daily Express headlines!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
25 minutes ago, Staffmoorlands said:

Same here. I imagine the public and press may pick this up later. Roll on the Daily Express headlines!

It’s begun

WWW.GOOGLE.CO.UK

The UK is set for more mild weather before a "snowbomb" hits from December 27 with rain and snow for parts of the country in the final "major" storm of the year

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s begun

WWW.GOOGLE.CO.UK

The UK is set for more mild weather before a "snowbomb" hits from December 27 with rain and snow for parts of the country in the final "major" storm of the year

?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s begun

WWW.GOOGLE.CO.UK

Is "snowbomb" a meteorological term? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
30 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Is "snowbomb" a meteorological term? 

Don’t think so, but I like it

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Let's hope the Yanks have called this one wrong and the wrecking ball of low pressure that has appeared on the GFS for the 23rd is wrong.  This has previously been tracked further north but if that verified as shown the block would be flattened like a sapling in a gale.  Fingers and other protruding parts well and truly crossed that it is not showing on the other models later.

Edited by Canalboy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Despicable ECMWF, mixing out cold even before 24.12 as I expected, from Arctic day 4 runs ago to uppers of -1, there is no point for these models to run beyond 96hr just waist of time,and time for me to turn of and find a different hobby, from such synoptic at 90hrs to find a route to mild again is ridiculous

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Random question loosely with regards to some previous posts about lack of sunshine: does anybody else actually prefer not seeing the sun at all during Dec/Jan? It's so damn low in the sky that all it does is get in your eyes while highlighting how depressing/dead all the trees etc look. This, and the fact there are basically no health benefits to its short and measley appearance in the sky.

Posted

What a truly stunning day here today- almost unbroken sunshine and incredibly mild feeling with light winds.

Got up to 13C this afternoon. Definitely the mildest sunny day I can remember in December.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
1 hour ago, Scorcher said:

What a truly stunning day here today- almost unbroken sunshine and incredibly mild feeling with light winds.

Got up to 13C this afternoon. Definitely the mildest sunny day I can remember in December.

All down from now on…  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Looks like we have yet another relatively long period of high pressure on the cards. In fact, in my neck of the woods at least, we haven't had a proper rainy day since the beginning of November, which is amazing given the time of year. We did get a shower or two earlier this month but that was about it in terms of rainfall. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
On 15/12/2021 at 17:12, Staffmoorlands said:

Met office 10 day forecast suggesting wetter by Christmas (56% chance of low pressure). 

Not much mention of snow in the 10  trend, a vage mention of white Xmas, then no mention of snow again, just that it might get wetter, weird forecast actually, when you look at the potential, I think it's too far out for the MET to talk about the possibility of snow yet, too much uncertainty,or they just hate snow lol

Wish people would stop yelling BOOM in the model thread,only when these amazing looking charts get to plus 72 hours should you be confident that it will happen, then you can go BOOM 

SMH 

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Sun

I've just read 'hide behind sofa' , 'critical', 'game over' and all sorts on the crazy thread. I bet the people in charge of pumping out the models at certain times of the day leave the thread open on a large monitor just to giggle at the reactions  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I've just read 'hide behind sofa' , 'critical', 'game over' and all sorts on the crazy thread. I bet the people in charge of pumping out the models at certain times of the day leave the thread open on a large monitor just to giggle at the reactions  

It's not good for one's mental health.

• Like 3