Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It's been a beautiful spell of weather over the last week or so here in London. Sunny spells and low 20's last week and into the weekend. Since Monday we've barely had a cloud in the sky. 21c on Monday, 25c yesterday, predicted highs of 27c today, 28c tomorrow and 33c on Friday. Glorious. 

Temperature is already 24c at 11am. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Teleconnective update as we enter summer.. 

MEI was -1.7, lowest on record for May (since at least 1979)

ONI was -1.1, second lowest for MAM since at least 1950

PDO was -2.0, lowest for May since at least 1950

QBO was -1.47 (standard deviation), lowest for May since 2018

AO was +1.2, most positive for May since 1992. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Don't know if this post will be allowed but if every summers day was like this I'd be as happy as a nymphomaniac at a frat party!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Was blue sky here in Shropshire earlier wall to wall, now completely overcast like it's going to rain

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Bit of a forecast bust from the models today....

image.thumb.png.fa8ab243473ceaf1397c536651d7a95b.png

I've shown the UKV here, but they are all similar. All showing low 20s around Exeter - It's currently the warmest place in the UK at 27c.

Posted
32 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

Was blue sky here in Shropshire earlier wall to wall, now completely overcast like it's going to rain

I was just going to post exactly that, too!!  Same where I am, 25 or so miles up the road from you.

Edited by Don
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 hour ago, StormChaseUK said:

Just had a look at that rather ungainly lump of cloud rolling across your neck of the woods.....yuck. Should clear through in the next couple of hours though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
1 hour ago, StormChaseUK said:

I know its such a pity although it looks like its starting to break from the west hopefully it'll be wall to wall sunshine for the next two days, even though its still feeling really warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

Don't know if this post will be allowed but if every summers day was like this I'd be as happy as a nymphomaniac at a frat party!!

I would go without a roll in the hay for a blue sky day. Not had a full day of sunshine since the back end of March. That's pitiful, even for our second rate climate.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

Just had a look at that rather ungainly lump of cloud rolling across your neck of the woods.....yuck. Should clear through in the next couple of hours though.

Indeed the sun has just burst through while I was cycling, it's now very warm.  dare I say feels almost "hot" but not using H word yet.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 4.22.29 PM.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Got to about 4:20pm and now full on cloud cover. Was so close to a day of wall to wall sunshine but this junk in the sky came out of nowhere! Doesn't even look like heavy cloud on the satellite either, nor was it forecasted. Bit of a sour end to the day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
29 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

Indeed the sun has just burst through while I was cycling, it's now very warm.  dare I say feels almost "hot" but not using H word yet.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 4.22.29 PM.jpeg

Warm front has to move through, or we won't get hot, feels like now, we have lost the June chill

• Like 2

Posted

Looking rather ominous hopefully nothing comes off it

IMG_20220615_173152.jpg

IMG_20220615_173145.jpg

Posted

Peaked at about 27c here in London today, with wall to wall sunshine. A bit of high level cloud floating about now, but still plenty of sunshine. 

Posted
44 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Got to about 4:20pm and now full on cloud cover. Was so close to a day of wall to wall sunshine but this junk in the sky came out of nowhere! Doesn't even look like heavy cloud on the satellite either, nor was it forecasted. Bit of a sour end to the day.

Same. Rolled in here around 330/4pm! Sucks!

• Like 1

Posted

Top temperature today was 28c at St James's Park in London. Hottest day of the year so far. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 2

Posted

June hasn't been exceeding so far, but its been decent. way worse Junes than this.And hopefully pressure will rebuild again soon after the break down on Saturday. . so all in all not a bad start to summer 2020.. After a good April and May..the weather so far this year has been nice

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters

Is there anyone like me who is thinking that this year has been rather dry? Could we be looking at government issued water restrictions later on during the summer? Can anyone show me any rainfall data for North West England that might include Ronaldsway (IOM)(EGNS).

I'm not a lover of extremes! But the pleasantly warm dry ish days are nice with the light evenings (til gone 10pm here) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
12 minutes ago, RabbitEars said:

Is there anyone like me who is thinking that this year has been rather dry? Could we be looking at government issued water restrictions later on during the summer? Can anyone show me any rainfall data for North West England that might include Ronaldsway (IOM)(EGNS).

I'm not a lover of extremes! But the pleasantly warm dry ish days are nice with the light evenings (til gone 10pm here) 

You are not the only one, same here in the southern england, I think it's been really dry since December last year, apart from the odd shower, would be really interested  how much southern england is in deficit in regards to average rainful so far this year if anyone knows?

• Like 2

Posted

Well, after a cloudy afternoon the sun returned later on, making for a very nice evening!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
43 minutes ago, RabbitEars said:

For my neck of the woods January, February and March were very dry. April was relatively dry but did get a few more showery periods than others on here. The weather was more balanced out come May which saw around average rainfall. I think June so far has been around average for rainfall too.

With the exception of the odd blip here and there, the period from August 2021 to April 2022 was very dry for many areas.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nothing better than getting a sweat on, digging out this behemoth by hand..

20220616_120241.thumb.jpg.b8ff5925135a631395a1701de3f13942.jpg

Sunshine all the way, at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Another stunner today. Crystal clear blue skies this morning, a bit more hazy now but still strong sunshine. Currently 28c. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Nothing better than getting a sweat on, digging out this behemoth by hand..

20220616_120241.thumb.jpg.b8ff5925135a631395a1701de3f13942.jpg

Sunshine all the way, at the moment.

Fair play to ya

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

My last day in Braemar and it is pouring with rain. Temperatures are 5C warmer than they have been this week.

Yesterday I experienced the best conditions for a long bike and hike. Comfortable temperatures, no rain, sunny intervals, and a cloud base well above the summits. Here are a couple of photos from my Ben Avon - Beinn a Bhuird hike.

IMG_20220615_123243317_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220615_133527254_HDR.jpg

• Like 3