Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Snow Watch limited edition

Paul
Message added by Paul,

This snow watch thread is an extension of the usual model discussion for those who want to chat about the snow chances over the coming days. For more general model discussion, please use the Models, models and more models thread, which also includes the model highlights.

As usual, for more general weather chat, moans and ramps, please head over to the Spring chat thread.

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow
6 minutes ago, Updated_Weather said:

ECM12z barely brings in that mild air. Pulls down that cold air once again.

Interesting!

ECM.gif

Really?

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Art, Modern Art

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

My location looks iffy, decent snow now, surfaces turning white, tomorrows front could start as snow, then turning less cold with a thaw, then more snow possible Fri AM as cold heads back south

2 minutes ago, Purga said:

Really?

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Art, Modern Art

Shorts and vests for Stafford half Marathon! that looks like warmest day of year so far

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

My location looks iffy, decent snow now, surfaces turning white, tomorrows front could start as snow, then turning less cold with a thaw, then more snow possible Fri AM as cold heads back south

Why is that iffy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Fair chance it could snow here on and off all the way until mid morning tomorrow before rain.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Map, Atlas, DiagramCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

Edited by Stuie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
52 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES 3 said:

Snow is coming down now here and starting to settle..love it.

Mmmm widespread snow on Friday from the Beeb! You just know meteogroup are gonna be desperate to get one over on the met office 😉

Warnings for here and the North tomorrow..but this ain't a done deal as we could start pulling the feature back into Friday with another injection  of colder air.

Expect further warnings to pop up over the 24hrs..to all those who've got it...fair play and enjoy..to those still waiting...theres no fat lady singing just yet..your still in the game.

Come onnnn  winter...one last horrrrraahhhh 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Hurricane, Storm

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

I really hope that moves further south for us snow starved low-lying areas with nothing but a slush fest so far

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

I really hope that moves further south for us snow starved low-lying areas with nothing but a slush fest so far

Friday your best bet, not even sure if it will fizzle out and be N of me. Hope you see something mate. Suppose it`s the mare of modelling a LP system even at short range.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Atlas, Diagram, Sea, Water

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Friday snow for EA/South is a bit sketchy regarding anything left in the tank.  @Tim Bland mentioned earlier whether that would be the case.

The LP tomorrow starts off with a 975 core and by Friday lunch it is up to 990 by the time it moves into the N sea.

ECM1-24.thumb.gif.d419234867ba8492e364457c147f5f10.gifECM1-48.thumb.gif.fe3aea29ae97636fcb4996df9a4ae50f.gif

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Updated_Weather said:

ECM12z defiantly a wild swing back into cold arctic air by Monday.. Similar to GEM12z. 

Very temporary though back to average or slightly mild by midweek. Not seeing much in the way of proper snow south of midlands and even northern areas will struggle to see much away from high ground after tomorrow / Friday morning.  This has been a decent snap for falling snow but nothing memorable imo 

7EFF1949-4432-4A72-B0EC-608FDBD98929.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all,A very interesting GEM this evening very wintery on going March out to Ten days out.Meanwhile snow for most in the south now dying out ready for a short milder spell,but for how long is the question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The weather, like the models, is all over the place. I guess the models are trying to play whack-a-mole and not having much luck.

Going forward the wind, as always, will turn borderline snow into icy drifts but as always, it’s location, location, location.

I would say it will be the end of the week before the models get a handle on this, but in the meantime, enjoy!

Posted

Hmm, this was `real time data` 12 hrs ago from NCEP.

Could contain: Green, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Blackboard

This is now.

Could contain: Green, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Blackboard

That isn`t much travel in 12 hrs of the LP`s considering the jet is pretty strong.

EDIT: Saying that, the LP`s are a step ahead of the 12z which makes sense if you take 12z as 12 o`clock.

EDIT 2:  ok, models are always 1 step behind current current outlook, will think differently from now on. 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Art

Edited by Stuie
  • Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, Anthony Burden said:

Evening all,A very interesting GEM this evening very wintery on going March out to Ten days out.Meanwhile snow for most in the south now dying out ready for a short milder spell,but for how long is the question.

Just to add some perspective..  almost all models have no accumulating snow for midlands south and in the north it’s high ground only after Friday. This is the ECM for your area next 10 days and most models are similar 

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text, Symbol, Number

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Scunny, North Lincs had the occasional snow flurry today. Nothing crazy but it's nice to see some white stuff falling from the sky.

Tomorrow looks questionable for this region. Some models have this location on the cusp of snow. Some just rain with a greater potential late in to Thursday and early hours Friday. 

I'd love a snow day / night but just get the feeling it will be wet and cold .... again .

Posted
1 hour ago, Updated_Weather said:

ECM12z barely brings in that mild air. Pulls down that cold air once again.

Interesting!

ECM.gif

Well it's mild here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
39 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

It's panning out pretty much as expected so far. For many - most? - it is a wet mix of sleet and snow that is either not settling at all or will settle and melt within hours. Lots of warm sectors mixed in, only at height will there be any sustained snow and these are areas that expect snow most years. Nothing especially remarkable therefore though I must admit there were some flakes falling outside at work at around 4pm and watching them fall made me smile. I was in a meeting at the time and one member said my face turned all boyish. Ha - right - boyish at my age. But that's how snow makes me feel tbh.

A very standard westerly pattern in an amplified pattern forecast for the foreseeable once this snow snap passes.

Could contain: Art, Graphics, Pattern, Accessories, Modern Art

Azores high in place, cold air still in the mix via the Scandy trough and systems lining up on the atlantic. Expect some frontal rain in phases followed by colder back edge scenarios that will bring very short term sleety spells. Cold to milder and back to cold again. As we head into the final third of the month I would expect to see some northern blocking options appear once again as impacts of the high amplitude MJO passage work their way through the circulation but too late in the season to create anything of note.

Enjoy this week and whatever can be gleaned at the weekend. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
9 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Just to add some perspective..  almost all models have no accumulating snow for midlands south and in the north it’s high ground only after Friday. This is the ECM for your area next 10 days and most models are similar 

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text, Symbol, Number

Yep we can ‘trust’ that.  Cold is here and digging in.  Lots more to come….coldest UK March night in 13 years last night…who’d have thought?

BFTP

6 minutes ago, RhHh said:

Well it's mild here 

2c isn’t mild

BFTP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

same with mine above, thought I was in Midlands thread

Hit the 3 dots on the right and select hide (to delete)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Mogreps ens show yet another dip early next week,so potentially further wintry conditions can't be ruled out! 

Check out the far NE..it never really warms up..so the cold air continues to lurk like long time members on here who never post 🤣

The saga continues. You just wait til EQBO next winter..im telling ya now..make the most of this Summer.

Could contain: Chart, Plot

Could contain: Smoke Pipe, Chart, Plot

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Smoke Pipe, Person

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1