Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

danm Heathrow temp at midday and max for the past few days. 27-28c should be achievable you think.

8/5: 17.4c -- 21.9c

9/5: 20.2c -- 24.3c

10/5: 22.7c -- 24.3c

11/5: 20.3c -- 22.9c

12/5: 25.0c -- ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

In Absence of True Seasons Its beautiful where I am, its just our nearest weather station seems to sit under cloud a lot despite the whole actual area being pure sunshine 😂 Only 7.7 hours of sun recorded yesterday despite myself experiencing pretty much wall to wall sunshine haha. Thats Shoeburyness weather station for you!

Easily been the best period of weather since early September 2023 and well needed after the dullest February to April period on record for my area. Hoping this will be the main pattern going forward for the year now. Cracking start to May so far even with a few washout days 👌

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Very noisy thundery breakdown in progress! It’s great! ⚡🌩️ 

• Like 2

Posted

Huge temperature gradient across this area currently, coastal AWS’s about 16C up towards ringwood 27-28C. 12C over about 10miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

SakuraOwl why don’t you put your location in your profile? 

It’s already the warmest day of the year so far based on current temperatures. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Posted

Even I'm not complaining about this weather ... Still hazy mind. But I've long given up with pure blue skies lol. It doesn't happen here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
Posted (edited)

LetItSnow! That's very interesting. Well, you're in the right country if you enjoy rain. Thunderstorms, not so much unfortunately. 

Thing is, I actually don't dislike rain inherently. I had a massive rain storm at the end of my holiday in the Slovenian Alps last year and it was really cool, and impressive. Last about 5/6 hours then things cleared again. Similarly when I was in Cuba, it rained nearly daily but it was always a sort of tropical storm of a few hours long, then back out came the sun. The rain was actually nice as it cleared the humidity.

Issue with the UK is that we get days upon days of drizzly piddly stuff that isn't really interesting or cool or impressive, and often barely feels like rain, but nevertheless gets you soaked if you're out and about so it makes for zero use-ability weather-wise. And humidity-wise, rain here increases the humidity usually, instead of clearing it.

So yeah, the impact that our rainy conditions have on my outdoors plans are my biggest gripe, and the monotonous nature of it. It's honestly quite rare for us to have multiple days of unbroken sunny, dry weather like the last 5 or so days in London, so for me, it's the opposite of tiresome/boring. It's a welcome change from the default pattern of overcast and 10-15c that dominates the majority of the year.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
Posted (edited)

In Absence of True Seasons Well, a couple of days of sunshine are nice of course but I never really got the weeks of endless anticyclonic weather that some people (validly) crave. Exceedingly boring weather. My only personal gripe since July is the abhorrent mildness really that killed the winter months. Dullness can annoy me too, if it goes on for ridiculous amounts of time. But generally I haven't been bothered with the rain aspect. But bear in mind I live in an urban setting and don't have to deal with flooded fields and such. I did for the first 20 years of my life though so it's not as though I don't know what that's like. I'd find a summer like 1976 or 1995 breathtakingly boring and unpleasant, not even just for heat.

I may be a vampire because sunshine genuinely doesn't really improve my mood that much, certainly less than it used to. But it is nice.

Edited by LetItSnow!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

In Absence of True Seasons Yes, how late Spring & Summer should be! No melancholic overcast, depressing skies but beautiful blue skies, warmth and amazing atmosphere. Everything is vibrant, full of joy & everyone is about and happy and all the businesses, beaches and parks are so positive & alive! How anyone can hate this or find it boring is beyond me haha.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why people have disagreed with me. I'm just being honest with you all. It doesn't feel like it's any warmer. I can feel a very cold breeze that hasn't been felt for weeks now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

SunSean That's the fun part about the world, preferences, everyone's got some even if they are atypical. I certainly am happy for the sun starved people liek yourself. I'm just waiting for things to go boom but I don't think I'm in luck this time but we'll see!

• Like 2

Posted

Why are we frying in hot weather. Once again we have gone from 12c to 27 in a matter of days. Not much in the way of nice comfortable 20/21c for doing stuff in the garden!  I mean I love this temperate ... and I dont because tomorrow i will be freezing ... but man why do we have to swing from one extreme to the other!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

In Absence of True Seasons I don't suppose you have any of that pizza left? 😁

• Like 1

Posted

CharlieBear9 I'm just complaining because I can't sit on my sunbed!!! Daniel hasn't mowed the lawn since last June ...

And this heat has killed some of the plants I put in last week 

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* It's been sunny all week here but clouding over now. Even Friday when 85-90% cloud cover was forecast and would have been ideal for laying some protection on the cars after I'd cleaned them it was still blazing sunshine all day. The only time the sun was obscured was when a distribution warehouse on an industrial complex about five miles away went up in flames on Thursday morning.

Watering every evening with the hose at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.

Northolt in London is the warmest location at 27 C, found out about it on meteociel.fr so 27 C has been achieved this weekend.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Looks like next week's cooler spell has been downgraded quite significantly. What was looking like potentially a whole week of cooler temperatures seems to have been compressed into Tuesday, with temps quickly recovering after that.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

raz.org.rain Thankfully next week is showing for my area cooler temps the whole of next week, nothing much above 20c which for this time of year is just about bearable