Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Is the rain/sleet due to move south soon, it's very close but not moving?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

We may need to split the thread up like last time. Which I hope doesn't happen

I`m waiting for the forum to implode at 3:30pm. :D

Posted

We may need to split the thread up like last time. Which I hope doesn't happen

Why? It's not that busy yet?

Edited by lottiekent

Posted

Off for our Saturday walk along the Thames into Kingston. Won't get caught out like we did last week in the stiff wind, so stepped outside the door and it's a bit nippy even though local weather station shows 8 degrees, dew point 5. Will be checking out seagulls and ducks very carefully for hints of cold weather behaviour:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Our local station says temp 7.7 dew point 1.7

That seems to low on the dp I think.

Posted

if any one like have got the rain alarm app the radar great watching at the moment!!! still rain here now 24 hours solid expectinhg it to change to sleet/snow soon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very small amount of sleet mixed in with the rain, now...

Same, it's been like this for well over an hour now. I see little hope in any snow settling here if it does come. It more like water water everywhere here. Raises glass to a months worth of rain in 24 hours which was only forecasted 48 hours ago. wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Our local station says temp 7.7 dew point 1.7

That seems to low on the dp I think.

Dew points in London area are 4-5C currently - according to obs below (DPs in green):

http://meteocentre.com/analyse/map.php?map=UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Same, it's been like this for well over an hour now. I see little hope in any snow settling here if it does come. It more like water water everywhere here. Raises glass to a months worth of rain in 24 hours which was only forecasted 48 hours ago. wallbash.gif

Still turning to snow, over here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Whose bellowing out these figures of 20 odd cms??...when the MetO say 2-4 cms! - too much ramping again as usual.

Metcheck...say no more!

I remember that Sunday 5 weeks ago when we got snow, metoffice were going for up to 8cm...we ended getting 15cm (6 inches)

Posted

acc to the rain alarm it should be pouring down there at the moment bright. RED ,up near loweserstoft,kessingland ,southworld area at the moment

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Currently a dull windless day here in Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders with a temp of 7.8(peaked at 8 degrees at about 11am).Snow still on a knifeedge for this part of NW Kent.Gut feeling is it will stay South of here and skirt South Coast fringes of Sussex and Kent so really needs a Northward Correction of about 30 miles which is feasable but unlikely,Think the snowshield will work again for this area.Hope i am wrong as it would be nice to see landscape turn white once again but at the same time i am so looking forward to Spring after last weeks little taster and from my work point of view it would be good for growing season to start in earnest!!

P.s.On a side note congrats to Wigan reaching Semi Finals of FA cup for 1st time in their history beating the Toffees!!

Posted

Looking at the radar, and either the rain band is stuck solid or the radar is.... Nothing has moved hardly for hours....

Thought it was going to be a wet day, but the rain is stationary. I assume its supposed to have started slipping south by now ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

acc to the rain alarm it should be pouring down there at the moment bright. RED ,up near loweserstoft,kessingland ,southworld area at the moment

Still steady but heading to lowestoft soon. Not looking forward to this, especially if the heavier bursts start to turn to snow.

Just on a being able to get home perspective if it gets bad.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Looking at the radar, and either the rain band is stuck solid or the radar is.... Nothing has moved hardly for hours....

Thought it was going to be a wet day, but the rain is stationary. I assume its supposed to have started slipping south by now ???

I was wondering about this too. Has been dry all day here, but I had been expecting it to rain. Temperatures gradually falling, 4.4AT and 4.1DP, but thats not much good if there isnt any precipitation around. Meto not predicting any precipitation for my location until later in the evening though, and is going for snow/sleet, so will be keeping an eye out.

Posted

MIsty day in Reigate, very wet ground, barely a breeze. On a walk in the last hour the escarpment up towards the ridge of the North Downs towards Box Hill was barely discernible through the gloom, there was just the hint of an outline to distract the eye. Mild still with a temperature according to my WS of +7.2c with a dP of +5.4c. Hope it gets colder soon so I can pretend I have a valid reason for lighting the fire.

AS

Posted

Well earlier this morning I predicted 10 - 15 cm for my area. Well if the GFS is to be believed it would now be snowmageddon. That I will believe when I see it. Meto only predict light snow for a couple of days. I kind of hope it will be inbetween the Meto and GFS predictions,, ie what I said earlier!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I don't see light snowfall being mentioned on the meto?

Are you looking at the 5dayer?