Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
2 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

Sorry to hear you are suffering , my chest has been very tight as well and it's miserable . Does a thunderstorm make you wheezy ? 

It was crystal blue sky this morning but definitely a milky haze now and feeling sticky . 

Very rare to get storms here but the humid pre storm weather causes that. Luckily i'm off work all next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

Sorry to hear you are suffering , my chest has been very tight as well and it's miserable . Does a thunderstorm make you wheezy ? 

It was crystal blue sky this morning but definitely a milky haze now and feeling sticky . 

mine affected with rain usually just after Wimbledon and end of holidays, with window open, think it's fungal spore allergy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Highest temperatures as of 16:00. These will probably be the maximums for today, just falling short of 35c

Not 37C then 🤔😉

Posted
48 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Whilst I like some hot days in summer and am happy that August is a sunny one for once, I must admit that the heat is starting to get a bit much now. It was lovely at first, but after a few days it becomes rather draining.

I would be more than happy with a normal summer with temps in the low to mid twenties, sunshine and a nice gentle breeze. 

Really looking forward to the cool down next week.

Yes I agree with the draining part.

I feel we’ve adapted to it though, once you experience a few weeks of warm weather, the body does adjust. 

A drop back to 21c will feel positively chilly after this long hot spell, and anything south of 20c will feel cold. 

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but in our local area of west London, the high street is less busy than usual. Still people around, but not in many numbers.

Can the storms hold off until tomorrow night at least.

Heading to Seaford tomorrow for a day trip, as we couldn’t today because of the rail strikes. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
18 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Not 37C then 🤔😉

It never looked likely, 36c was an outside bet from the hotter UKV/GFS runs. One more attempt tomorrow, though it will likely be another 34.xc maximum.

To be honest this has been a fabulous spell of weather, day after day of sparkling clear skies and relatively low humidity. It certainly feels more bearable than the plume set ups that dominate the hotter days of the summer.

Hopefully early next week delivers some decent thunderstorms. There is a reasonable amount of time between the pattern destabilising and the Atlantic air fully pushing through.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

It never looked likely, 36c was an outside bet from the hotter UKV/GFS runs. One more attempt tomorrow, though it will likely be another 34.xc maximum.

To be honest this has been a fabulous spell of weather, day after day of sparkling clear skies and relatively low humidity. It certainly feels more bearable than the plume set ups that dominate the hotter days of the summer.

Hopefully early next week delivers some decent thunderstorms. There is a reasonable amount of time between the pattern destabilising and the Atlantic air fully pushing through.

Aye, I think this morning's NW forecast was a tad over-optimistic on that front?🤔

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Funnily enough I was in Charlwood today which I see had the hottest temperature. It was dead still, not even a light breeze so it certainly felt 34.9 if not more!

Posted
35 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

A drop back to 21c will feel positively chilly after this long hot spell, and anything south of 20c will feel cold. 

Talking of 21c we went to Cornwall from last Friday until yesterday. 

The max on the first 3 days was a very pleasant 21c then by the last 2 nights the minimum was 21c in the village we stayed in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Three successive days in the 30s is a rare occurrence indeed here (30.3 °C, 31.1 °C and today 31.9 °C) and I'm expecting to add a fourth tomorrow. I rather hope any showery bursts tomorrow stay very widely scattered and not in Worcestershire, as I'll need to be outdoors well into late afternoon. After that, happy to see some rain (even here we badly need it now) and temps in the low 20s or so. I'd prefer not to have 16 °C and an "early October" feel, but pleasant weather, fresher and mostly sunny with a bit of overnight rain would do me fine. No more heatwaves for me, please.

First time since 1995 that Bournemouths had 4 consecutive days of 30C. If we get 5 tomorrow (maybe 50/50) that be the first 5 day stretch since 1976 - which had 12…..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes I agree with the draining part.

I feel we’ve adapted to it though, once you experience a few weeks of warm weather, the body does adjust. 

As someone who doesn't adjust well to most sensory input (temperature included) as a result of being autistic, I must say I thought today would feel even worse than it did (although I've been entirely inside and downstairs). Got to the point where I think I'm dreading the thundery breakdown - again, sensory overload - more than I am the continuation of the heat?

I do feel quite excited about the prospect of feeling cold again though... can hug my (even more heat-sensitive) partner a lot more 😉

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Went down to a favoured beach for fishing last night. Got down there at about 8pm and the car park was rammed and so was the beach. Gave up and came home! Normally, there's just a few stragglers left as everyone heads home.. I don't think I have ever seen it so busy here or at the coastal locations?! Businesses must be heaving a field day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Similarly here! Went to our 'home beach' on Friday night to watch the full moon rise over the North Wales mountains. Scores of people still around on arrival but most eventually left as it was getting dark, except for a few who had settled round small camp fires (all on pebbly ground, I hasten to add!). The spectacle was well worth the trip, with the best part being to see the sky over Nantlle Ridge light up in gorgeous reddish colours with the moon eventually and very slowly appear from behind the mountain. Thanks, dear Cirrus clouds, for making it so memorable!

• Like 4

Posted

Sun is lower in the sky now, compared to a few weeks ago, meaning more sun and heat coming directly thru windows into the house; kinda neutralises the shorter days standpoint debated in here over last 24 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Be careful about sunburn too, yes the sun's lower, but in my younger more carefree days, I  always went away last week August, 1st week of September and frequently burned, because you know, sun cream was for softies. Such stupidity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Been looking around some webcams, beaches look rammed, Blackpool prom is packed as there is an airshow on with the Red Arrows at 5pm.

social227.jpg
WWW.SKYLINEWEBCAMS.COM

Watch our HD live cam over the Promenade and Central Pier from Viva Blackpool! and admire one of the city's best views. Discover other free cams in the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looks like the forecast talks of 36c were a bit of a bust from the meto and bbc. Today with the extra cloud cover just a shade down on yesterday. Marks the end of the wonderful spell of hot, sunny and dry conditions though. All eyes on the skies for the next few days….would love to see a few deluges here.

• Like 1

Posted

I personally don’t want the heat to end because when we have average temperatures of 20-23C it’s often overcast. If next week has a few thunderstorms amongst sun that will be great but in this country it’ll be probably be dull.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
9 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Looks like the forecast talks of 36c were a bit of a bust from the meto and bbc. Today with the extra cloud cover just a shade down on yesterday. Marks the end of the wonderful spell of hot, sunny and dry conditions though. All eyes on the skies for the next few days….would love to see a few deluges here.

Still a chance of hitting close to 32c tomorrow. In fact I think the 30c mark might be around the figure we are looking for to get some action shower/thunderstorm wise, at least in East Anglia.

The most notable thing about this summer for me is the knots complete absence of low cloud off the North Sea. Winds from the North Sea have been very rare this year (early June there was a brief spell) and the last couple of days that still brought sunny and hot conditions.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
46 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Still a chance of hitting close to 32c tomorrow. In fact I think the 30c mark might be around the figure we are looking for to get some action shower/thunderstorm wise, at least in East Anglia.

The most notable thing about this summer for me is the knots complete absence of low cloud off the North Sea. Winds from the North Sea have been very rare this year (early June there was a brief spell) and the last couple of days that still brought sunny and hot conditions.

Won’t be the same tomorrow though 😫 20% humidity today versus 50% tomorrow, which will feel gross in the high 20s!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

This summer just keeps on giving IMO.  Looking forward to some rain next week to freshen things up before hopefully high pressure returns.  Nights haven't been too warm here (18-21°C) so sleeping hasn't been a problem thankfully 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold!

Looking forward to storms. Best part of Summer, in my opinion! But what do I know?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I've noticed with these hot spells this year it just hasn't felt humid which makes our heatwaves typically unbearable. Is it the parched ground across western France that the air can't 'moisten up' before travelling to us?

• Like 2