Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
47 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Where is the rain we were all supposed to be having? Nothing over here. 

Looks like it's getting squeezed like a teabag before it reaches anywhere near.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I wonder whether Summer 2022 will produce more 30C-days than 1976 did? Though, I suspect to see that as even possible you'd need to share my own view: that Mother Nature determines when one season ends and the next one starts -- rather than man-made definitions!🤔

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A very warm day here with sunny spells and some cloud. Currently 29°c. Definitely feels a little cooler than the last few days though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Some hefty cells firing up in my patch now. Big storm out to the E/S of the city here (currently dry), with a few in Kent and Essex too. Fireworks begin!

Posted

Nothing here. Just the sun. The horrible, hot, warming sun. 

Not even a breeze today either. Just calm. 

Hopefully the calm before....but that looks unlikely now, rain and storms are off the forecast

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too

We had rain, I think - at the very least we had cloud cover that should have produced some and the radar said it did, although I never heard any - but it's all gone properly bright and warm again. Less warm, and a bit less bright - there's actual cloud cover - but still with the feel of capital-S Summer whether you like it or (like me) not.

Hopefully this is a gradual off-ramp to an innocuous week ahead. But as someone who suffers from anxiety and sound sensitivity, I fear a thundery breakdown over the next 36 hours...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nothing here, all day, sky starting to break up now. Can see on the countrywide radar, hefty rainfall over SW England at the moment, though that is nigh on 200 miles SW of my location.

Edited by DIS1970
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I wonder whether Summer 2022 will produce more 30C-days than 1976 did? Though, I suspect to see that as even possible you'd need to share my own view: that Mother Nature determines when one season ends and the next one starts -- rather than man-made definitions!🤔

Interested to see whether it can match the 25C+ tally of 1976 or 1989. With 40 days above 25c up to yesterday, and the majority of the next 2 weeks looking like being around that value, plus all of September and October still to come, I'd be amazed if we don't beat the 1976 total this year.

25c+: 58 days, 30c+: 21 days, 32c+: 10 days

25c+: 55 days, 30c+: 8 days, 32c+: 2 days

2022 (to 14 Aug)

25c+: 40 days, 30c+: 11 days, 32c+: 7 days

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

The first 2 weeks of August in London have been amazing; an average high above 29c, 160 hours of sun and zero precipitation. Even if we have average conditions for the rest of the month, we could challenge the August 1995 sunshine totals (295 hours) and average max (27.0c).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

A busted flush here in TF2 for both rain and / or storms.

Still humid as fck, and another uncomfortable nights "sleep" ahead.

Whilst typing, I just remembered that we flew to Greece on 15th June. I can't remember any appreciable rainfall before that, and little - if any - once we got back on 30th June. So that's 8 to 10 weeks since experiencing rain, and 6 weeks of temps that would be very agreeable sitting on a beach with the occasional dip in the sea.

Yet, no rain, no storms (even in Greece), and temps disagreeable with working in an office in Willenhall with no air-con.

'kin joy...........

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Crikey, University of Exeter weather station recorded a rainfall rate of 73.4 mm/hr earlier today!

Did you mean the total in an hour instead of rain rate? As that doesn't seem very high?

Here's a snapshot of the radar very close by:

1221712649_Screenshot2022-08-15224545.thumb.png.144e530244c46f917e17ac8a754ac5da.png

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Manchester Summer Index

1976 301

1995 298

1983 278

1955 277

1911 274

2018 272

1984 271

1959 269

1975 268

1949 267

1989 262

2022 257 (up to 13th Aug)

1947 255

1933 251

Creeping up the league. Surprised 2006 doesn't feature it the list. June and July were cracking months, August though average temp and sunshine wasn't very wet. Its got some way to go to rival 2018. The coming week won't help, indeed may knock it down somewhat.. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 14/08/2022 at 17:10, Summer8906 said:

Out of the country still, but will that partly depend on what the second half of the month is like?

A bit up in the air I guess but the latest Met Office forecast seems to suggest persistent changeability for the remainder of the month.  I guess many will want the second half of August to be wet though!

It’s been hot and sunny for long enough to merit a decent august in my book. The best first half for a long time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Did you mean the total in an hour instead of rain rate? As that doesn't seem very high?

Here's a snapshot of the radar very close by:

1221712649_Screenshot2022-08-15224545.thumb.png.144e530244c46f917e17ac8a754ac5da.png

Wow!  That's some serious rain 😳

• Like 1

Posted

We had a couple of heavy, but brief showers earlier - the first drops of rain in over 2 months. But that was all. The drought continues…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

The Cambridge rain shield did it's job magnificently yesterday - heavy persistent rain less than 10 miles away, not a drop here. Hoping we see some today and tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Ugh, one morning of drizzly rain and it feels like winter, dark and gloomy. 

Yeah and that's why colder winters are better than mild ones as they tend to be crisp and sunny!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 hours ago, Don said:

First moderate rain today in weeks!

Radar looking good for much of the S today, fingers crossed for some decent showers and thunderstorms. The temperature has dropped a fair bit

Posted

Looking at the radar, we're about to get smashed by the first substantial rainfall in months. Yesterday we had a couple of very brief, heavy showers that did nothing more than temporarily wet the ground. That patch moving up through the SE has a lot of bright echoes. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Don said:

Yeah and that's why colder winters are better than mild ones as they tend to be crisp and sunny!!

I agree!! Bring on the below 0cz!

• Thanks 1