IGNORED

Autumn 2022 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
9 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I don’t know why people say you shouldn’t kill them. I hate those fookers 

Traditionally, it's said to be extremely bad luck to kill a spider in the house

• Like 1

Posted

We've now passed the mid-point for the month and some lower nighttime minima are popping up on the charts. There's a chance of single figures as we go into the Bank Holiday weekend 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
15 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

That’s why I kill them or spray them lol.

Why not put a glass over them and slide a card underneath and just place it outside....I have a spider phobia too but I don't understand the mindset to kill something

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
6 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Morning everyone. 🙂

I have to say that it certainly feels 'backendish' outside this morning. 😃

Plus I've also seen my first daddy Longlegs of the season! ... Autumn is most definitely starting to pop its head up over the top of the metaphorical parapet! 🍃🍂🍁🍄🥳

although the weather here says no..currently wall to wall sunshine and 32c ..nature says yes..trees have already started to turn..this will accelerate over the next 10 days so by Sept 1st the full range of yellows and oranges will be on display.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
51 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Why not put a glass over them and slide a card underneath and just place it outside....I have a spider phobia too but I don't understand the mindset to kill something

These work well, apparently and only £3.99. 

katcha-bug-spider-catcher-8175-1-p.jpg?v
WWW.THEBESTTHINGSDIRECT.CO.UK

Humanely remove spiders, insect and bugs from the home. Simply a must-have item for anyone who does not like creepy crawlies! The award-winning Katcha Bug Spider...

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

These work well, apparently and only £3.99. 

katcha-bug-spider-catcher-8175-1-p.jpg?v
WWW.THEBESTTHINGSDIRECT.CO.UK

Humanely remove spiders, insect and bugs from the home. Simply a must-have item for anyone who does not like creepy crawlies! The award-winning Katcha Bug Spider...

I might just try that. Thanks mate 👍

1 hour ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I can’t do it. Seriously, I’m so scared of spiders.

Posted

We really should try not to harm spiders in any way, they are our 'friends'  and they get rid off all the other little critters that may do harm. Please don't kill them. Although there's always going to be the odd one that goes down the plug hole accidentally. 

I always see the increase in number of spiders as the imminent end of summer. Which for me is never a bad thing. Looking forward to the next 7/8 months. For the next week or two it can do what it wants. 😁😁

• Like 3

Posted
20 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I don’t know why people say you shouldn’t kill them. I hate those fookers 

When they start paying the rent and council tax then they can stay until then they are intruders and get what they get.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A mother of a storm heading toward Prague from the SE at the moment!

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

IMG_4346.MOV

Jeez i was going to say that it was really dark for the middle of the day..then realised im 8 hours behind you🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Felt a little autumn like today. Can't wait for some cooler,wetter weather. Maybe a storm or two.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, simshady said:

Felt a little autumn like today. Can't wait for some cooler,wetter weather. Maybe a storm or two.

Fingers crossed we actually get an autumn this time.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted

First autumnal stirrings creeping in, mainky attributed to diminshing light levels. Once we are into second half of August the high summer feel quickly disappears. Akin to second half of Feb when the deep winter feel ebbs quickly.

• Like 1

Hi peeps,

Hope you are all well. In my post a few days ago I touched on My concern about this coming September and all this warm weather we have had recently whether it will cool down enough in September. This is because some believe that a warm September has some connections to the coming winter ie warm Septembers  are followed by a mild winter and vice versa. I personally don’t know if there is any truth in this but if there is then I have finally found some good news today. This is the weather outlooks latest long range outlook for September and  October.

Mixed September

Dry, cool October

Issued: Saturday 20th August 2022 
Duty forecaster: Alexi Venerus 

*September* 
Starting dry and fine. 
Then lower pressure moves in quickly seeing a more mixed outlook. 
Rainfall is looking around average. 
Temperatures around or below average. 

*October* 
Currently showing signs of a more settled month. 
Mostly high pressure close by. 
Largely dry but with cool nights setting in soon. 

Alexi Vener

So if this goes to plan September possibly looking at average to below average temperatures for September (and if  (that’s a big if,) the theory has some truth then this could possibly be followed by a colder or below average winter.

Also If October is looking settled with high pressure, then there could be some good autumnal weather to come too.

However all the above to be taken with a pinch of salt as degree of accuracy drops in looking this far ahead. but the first slightest hint and good sign.

take care all 😊

Posted

I know it's a bit off topic, but it really grates on me that the Met Office's Dan Stroud cannot pronounce his 'THs'.  

You'd think that such an eminent job, it would be vital to be able to pronounce words correctly?  End of moan 😛

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Weather forecast videos created by the Met Office

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
15 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Mmm its all going a bit ... for bank holiday weekend. Still could all flip back to something much warmer and settled, but the trend is towards something less settled and distinctly cooler..

ECM last few runs not keen on maintaining pressure build over and to the east of UK, and continues to retain heights to the west pulling in a showery northerly airstream. Now GFS is showing the same but with northern block, more of a NE flow and not from.a warm source. UKMO going same way.

A snowy set up if winter.. or just cold sleety rain..

Probably no frontal snow from the main cold front (a lot of time it's just squally rain at sub 5C) but you'd imagine showers would pack into Scotland and they would be snowy in our theoretical scenario (from November).

• Like 1

Posted
On 19/08/2022 at 19:40, stainesbloke said:

Did you end up with the tail end of that derecho which hit large areas of France and Italy?

It must have been a bumped ride flying over that one.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Did you end up with the tail end of that derecho which hit large areas of France and Italy?

It must have been a bumped ride flying over that one.

I think parts of the Czech Republic did, but not Prague. Was a great storm, nonetheless! Definitely wouldn’t want to be flying anywhere near it

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I think parts of the Czech Republic did, but not Prague. Was a great storm, nonetheless! Definitely wouldn’t want to be flying anywhere near it

Think it’s quite rare in Europe and looks like something that would have caused the August 1981 storms in England.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
On 19/08/2022 at 22:28, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Fingers crossed we actually get an autumn this time.

to be fair, we've not done too badly in recent years with seasonable autumn weather. 2016-2020 all brought spells of enjoyable, seasonable weather. last autumn though was rather shambolic though... persistently warm to mild with no crisp weather at all. coming after a wet and cool summer down here, there were barely any colours on the leaves at all. this year will probably bring an intense display though due to dry weather! i imagine an early fall could be possible if we have a stormy spell on top of drought-stressed trees dropping early.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, WINTRY WALES said:

How’s winter shaping up ? Any signs for a cold one??

Bit early to say but this run of above average months will need to end soon and next month could give a better idea!

Posted
9 hours ago, WINTRY WALES said:

How’s winter shaping up ? Any signs for a cold one??

there is a 90% chance of the winter not being a cold one

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
22 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

there is a 90% chance of the winter not being a cold one

More than 90, especially the forther south you go

• Like 1