Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - the cold has arrived

Message added by Paul,

Please keep your posts to discussing the model output in this thread, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter chat, moans and ramps thread.

The model highlights thread is also available for a more concise view of the model discussions. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Anyone want a second run at a sliding low on the ECM? (JFF as its way out in FI)

ECH1-216.thumb.gif.5662aeda9eb3b59e891fef2ab216cb70.gif

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
Just now, Ali1977 said:

I’m loving the cold and frost but being a typical human being I generally want more, where’s the bloody snow 😂 if we have a 10 day freeze and I don’t see a flake of snow I’ll be rather cheesed off 😬

Yep and in reality could be our one decent shot .......................just saying. 

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

That trough, whilst not the best in terms of alignment, has plenty of little secondary lows that will bring spells of snow to parts of the U.K.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Person   Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 8

Posted
Just now, Ali1977 said:

I’m loving the cold and frost but being a typical human being I generally want more, where’s the bloody snow 😂 if we have a 10 day freeze and I don’t see a flake of snow I’ll be rather cheesed off 😬

Saying that, the ECM at 216 looks great for prolonged cold with another slider chance coming in!! 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Art, Outdoors

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Battleground Snow said:

If we can just shift that greenland high 400 miles east will be be in business here.

ECH1-216 (20).gif

we need it to topple 😛

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
Just now, Ali1977 said:

I really wouldn’t worry Ali snow will inevitably come if we keep the cold it’s not like it’s the so called faux cold we get under high pressure. Obviously some places will see more than others 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
1 minute ago, MJB said:

Yep and in reality could be our one decent shot .......................just saying. 

I mean the possibility of a little snow has appeared at 72hrs for the SE on this ECM run, not that it's true.

But as long as we keep the cold in place, surprises will pop up. Today is still just the first real day of the cold spell UK wide.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, radiohead said:

Snow for pretty much everyone on the ECM tonight 😅

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

22cms! shame pure fantasy

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
10 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

This is as close as the low / precip gets to the south ….

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Vegetation, Plant, Map, Outdoors, Nature, Atlas, Rainforest, Tree

So what we thinking then guys ….this low only going to go lower into France or any chance of corrections north …I’m up for high risk reward….a long shot now so it seems. Hard to get too excited with this cold spell without any snow chance presenting themselves on the charts/models ….it’s like going to the beach and there’s no sand …….that’s what we are al chasing right to buried in snow ❄️? Or do we just want extended cold ice days ? Been a little confused reading this thread recently …if we are no careful this cold spell can come a go with no significant snow hence a period to forget ……hope not !!!!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, radiohead said:

Snow for pretty much everyone on the ECM tonight 😅

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

It's Just a pity that chart is not for seven days later than that date! Maybe  there will be a chart for the 24th or 25th showing something similar this time next week!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Now you kinda look at this 12z run at day 10 and go...hmmmm...im not liking those Heights towards the South one bit..with a sign of milder conditions trying to enter the SW....then you look at NH and the Vortex looks like its been through the shedder and then some!

So there's still much to like about that overall picture which still remains very fluent.

ECH1-240.gif

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So looking at the charts out to day 8/9 it’s looking bitterly cold. But a complete snooze fest if it’s snow you’re wanting. And I’m sure that is the holy grail for many. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What has become very possible for me, over the last 36 hrs or so are the runs chucking out more west based scenarios. 

Edited by joggs
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
1 hour ago, CoventryWeather said:

Is anyone looking at tonight's potential? Some heavy sleet and snow towards the North East - is that expected to move inland (and near to the West Mids for instance)?

But for modelling, some uncertainty still remains next week regarding the Azores low. Most likely solution now is for it to move into France, maybe with a spell of snow across the far south. Let's see what the ECM and ENS bring about. 

BBC Look North weather for Yorkshire just said a mixture of sleet and snow showers, possibly 1cm in places. 

Arpege showed the precipitation fizzling out as it came further inland...

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES said:

Now you kinda look at this 12z run at day 10 and go...hmmmm...im not liking those Heights towards the South one bit..with a sign of milder conditions trying to enter the SW....then you look at NH and the Vortex looks like its been through the shedder and then some!

So there's still much to like about that overall picture which still remains very fluent.

ECH1-240.gif

I think many people at that stage may welcome an attempted breakdown if we remain largely dry up to that point. This has a feel of March 2013, the milder air might keep being pushed back. Even in the worst case scenario, given the entrenched cold , it surely would go out with a bang over a lot of the UK

Edited by Bricriu
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES said:

ECH1-240.gif

Yep, still lots to like with that chart. My thoughts of a scandi high just in time for Xmas are still strong in my mind. Deep embedded cold over Scandi will assist in the creation of one. The more I look at that day 10 chart, the more I can see a proper scandi high just a few days later. 

Edited by blizzard81
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
8 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

It's Just a pity that chart is not for seven days later than that date! Maybe  there will be a chart for the 24th or 25th showing something similar this time next week!

Not sure about any snow on the 24th from this but -12 uppers into southern England on the 24th courtesy of the Gem control. 

The 12z Gem op was put on the naughty chair but the control you would want not kick out of bed !! 

I thought the ECM op until 168 pretty much followed it too .. worth a look 

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

meteociel propose des rubriques météo temps réel, forums, modeles...

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Face, Person, Head

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2